Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 10:06 AM

348 posts, read 707,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchick1169 View Post
On Cspan blah blah healthcare, blah blah nuclear energy, blahblah health care, blah blah gas tax. Unemployment ??? Anyone???? Nope, guess not. Are they really this clueless???
Nuclear power would creates many jobs, cheaper energy, and eventually help every one of us! Our problems are more imitate! One of our imitate problems is paying ridiculous electric bills. I am as hurting as the next. I JUST DO NOT THINK I EVER WANT TO BE IN THIS POSITION AGAIN. So any thing I here that will help that not happen is still good news.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:06 AM

205 posts, read 389,485 times
Quote:
Who knows!! I think its all really confusing. I was just looking thru all the previous posts and if i had a dime for every time some typed "vote tomorrow" or "will be passed next week" I'd probably be able to buy some groceries. This has been going on for over a month. So basically, you're guess is as good as everyone elses.
Urggghh!!! I would just to know we we stand on this whole thing. It's crazy!!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:12 AM

106 posts, read 278,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROCKEN IN N.J. View Post
Nuclear power would creates many jobs, cheaper energy, and eventually help every one of us! Our problems are more imitate! One of our imitate problems is paying ridiculous electric bills. I am as hurting as the next. I JUST DO NOT THINK I EVER WANT TO BE IN THIS POSITION AGAIN. So any thing I here that will help that not happen is still good news.
Nobody wants to be in this position. I don't think there is one person here that would rather collect unemployment than have a job. While i agree that nuclear power would create jobs, it is not something that will happen right away. So, while they scratch their heads and figure out how to create enough jobs so we can all get back to work, we need them to pass this bill so we can "survive" while they are figuring it all out!!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:33 AM

702 posts, read 1,572,145 times
Default What if???

What if???

We know that when Reid asked the Chair yesterday when the 30 hour post cloture time was up the Chair said 12:26am Thursday morning.

Well what if that was assuming they were actually in session up to that time?

We know they ended last night around 8:10pm they were about 4 hours and 16 minutes away from 12:26am.

What if those remaining hours were tacked on to this morning?

I believe today's session started at about 9:30am. If you add the remaining time to that that would take it to about 1:45pm today.

Does that sound about right to you?

Can we expect then the 30 hours to be up around that time today you think?

Just throwing out ideas cause my mind is a blank right now LoL.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr North Jersey View Post
What if???

We know that when Reid asked the Chair yesterday when the 30 hour post cloture time was up the Chair said 12:26am Thursday morning.

Well what if that was assuming they were actually in session up to that time?

We know they ended last night around 8:10pm they were about 4 hours and 16 minutes away from 12:26am.

What if those remaining hours were tacked on to this morning?

I believe today's session started at about 9:30am. If you add the remaining time to that that would take it to about 1:45pm today.

Does that sound about right to you?

Can we expect then the 30 hours to be up around that time today you think?

Just throwing out ideas cause my mind is a blank right now LoL.
Good thought for a blank mind!! Makes alot of sense. If they aren't in session, time cannot accumulate right?? You might be on to something here!!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:41 AM

702 posts, read 1,572,145 times
Default Movement on Unemployment Benefit Extension?

Movement on Unemployment Benefit Extension?
Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) threatened to hold a midnight vote yesterday to proceed to long-delayed legislation extending unemployment insurance for up to 20 weeks. That vote didn’t happen, but it might not have to. Reid’s office said this morning that party leaders “should be able” to reach agreement to skip that step and move the bill directly to the floor. No timeline was mentioned.
Can someone with more courage than me call Reid's office and see if they can confirm this story or try and get a update on this if possible?

Old 10-29-2009, 10:47 AM

348 posts, read 707,669 times
Quote:
Nobody wants to be in this position. I don't think there is one person here that would rather collect unemployment than have a job. While i agree that nuclear power would create jobs, it is not something that will happen right away. So, while they scratch their heads and figure out how to create enough jobs so we can all get back to work, we need them to pass this bill so we can "survive" while they are figuring it all out!!
Absolutely, I just did not want to down a good thing. Even though its not prioritized correctly.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:48 AM

15 posts, read 27,095 times
getting towards the weekend, so WE WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:49 AM

89 posts, read 186,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njcommander View Post
yayyyyy! Just got $300 credit on my pse&g account online from njshares, took less than 3 weeks to get...thank you so much

yeah!!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr North Jersey View Post
Movement on Unemployment Benefit Extension?

Can someone with more courage than me call Reid's office and see if they can confirm this story or try and get a update on this if possible?
I believe a few people from Unemployed friends tried calling and the phone just keeps ringing. No answer, no voicemail. However, this was just posted:

Talked w/Sen. Sherrod Brown's office in Columbus, Ohio yesterday. His aide phoned me today with the following information. If you aren't happy with the information I received, please don't yell at me for posting it. I'm only the messenger!

Brown is hoping for a vote today.

Benefits will not be retroactive but will go forward from the date the extension is signed by the President.

Yes, extension will apply to those who have exhausted benefits.

Everyone who has exhausted benefits will have to contact their respective unemployment offices for instructions on how to claim extension benefits.

There is some addtional info in the post. Here is the link if you want to read the rest
PHONE CALL FROM SHERROD BROWN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment