Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 07:28 PM

22 posts, read 42,980 times

Advertisements

will a person finsish the tier they are doing on dec 20th and then run out of money when the balance gets to 0

Old 11-05-2009, 07:32 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,949,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr North Jersey View Post
nj your problem is no one can help you cause you don't even know what tier u r in. I suggest a simple phone call to you unemployment office asking what tier you r in will be the best advice for you.

kj same thing you need to determine where u r .

All u r doing is confusin yourselves even more because everyone is interpreting where u r differently.

Makin u even more confused
This is so true, how can you not know weeks, extensions and checks you are getting? Especially if you want to guessamate the future.

The other thing you guys are throwing around dates and speculation only to add to the confusion. Get organized and focused. Just trying to help you guys with bottom line info.....Good Luck to you.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:39 PM

702 posts, read 1,571,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
So if Tier II expires end of Dec 09 and you don't start it by then, how can you qualify for EB in 2010 if the requirement for EB is to finish Tier II?
Taurus for EB You need to have exhausted Tier 2 like you said so if you havent started tier 2 come jan 1st lets say you would not be able to qualify for EB. as things stand rite now in NJ.

Now if you start tier 2 b4 it expires end of this year. EB may be available to you in 2010 I just cant say 4 certain because I don't know if it will be phased out entirely or just the 100% federal funding.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendcat View Post
anyone asking about the EUC tiers here is the deal:
they all expire on dec 26 09
that means EUC 1-2- and now 3 expire on dec 26
that means if you dont start them by dec 26 you dont get them

EB could still be alive in 2010 because that is a different law that was enacted for that
we have to wait for the final clarification from the nj ui web site.
Quote:
So if Tier II expires end of Dec 09 and you don't start it by then, how can you qualify for EB in 2010 if the requirement for EB is to finish Tier II?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr North Jersey View Post
Taurus for EB You need to have exhausted Tier 2 like you said so if you havent started tier 2 come jan 1st lets say you would not be able to qualify for EB. as things stand rite now in NJ.

Now if you start tier 2 b4 it expires end of this year. EB may be available to you in 2010 I just cant say 4 certain because I don't know if it will be phased out entirely or just the 100% federal funding.
Sorry, I know the answer, I was addressing trendcat.......LOL

Where on the NJ DOL website does it give EB expiration? The only thing I can think of is EB came along with the stimulus with Obama, and for some reason Dec 09 sticks in my mind, but maybe it does go into 2010, I'm just doubtful.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:18 PM

22 posts, read 42,980 times
i start euc tier 2 this sunday. What will be my situation as far as a check on jan 1 2010

Old 11-05-2009, 08:43 PM

205 posts, read 389,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trendcat View Post
kramsscout i didnt accuse you personally of milking the system
i was saying that its the corporations and their greed that pays low wages that could possibly be a factor in the minimun wage job holders not wanting to look .

its another reason to me why the greed in this country is screwing everything up
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. But I know what you mean.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:55 PM

702 posts, read 1,571,259 times
Quote:
Sorry, I know the answer, I was addressing trendcat.......LOL

Where on the NJ DOL website does it give EB expiration? The only thing I can think of is EB came along with the stimulus with Obama, and for some reason Dec 09 sticks in my mind, but maybe it does go into 2010, I'm just doubtful.
There is none all I can find is this stating how EB would be 100% federally funded
Quote:
New Jersey the Dept Of Labor's Recovery site F.A.Q.
If the state’s Extended Benefit program (EB) is triggered by continuing high unemployment levels, EB could provide a maximum of 13 additional weeks beyond EUC, for a maximum of 72 weeks of Unemployment Compensation benefits. The EB program will be 100% federally-funded rather than the traditional allocation of 50% state and 50% federal funding. LWD estimates that the amount of EB payments to be made for the period covered under the Stimulus bill is approximately $996 million. As a result of the temporary suspension of the 50% contribution required by the state, New Jersey’s savings is approximately $498 million.
and this seeming to say that the 100% funding is no more as of Jan 1 2010
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (EB)
Quote:
SEC. 2005. FULL FEDERAL FUNDING OF EXTENDED UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION FOR A LIMITED PERIOD.

(a) In General- In the case of sharable extended compensation and sharable regular compensation paid for weeks of unemployment beginning after the date of the enactment of this section and before January 1, 2010, section 204(a)(1) of the Federal-State Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 1970 (26 U.S.C. 3304 note) shall be applied by substituting ‘100 percent of’ for ‘one-half of’.

(b) Special Rule- At the option of a State, for any weeks of unemployment beginning after the date of the enactment of this section and before January 1, 2010, an individual’s eligibility period (as described in section 203(c) of the Federal-State Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 1970) shall, for purposes of any determination of eligibility for extended compensation under the State law of such State, be considered to include any week which begins--

(1) after the date as of which such individual exhausts all rights to emergency unemployment compensation; and

(2) during an extended benefit period that began on or before the date described in paragraph (1).

[EUC Tier I - II - EB / History]
[EUC Tier I - II - EB / N.J. Eligibility Requirements]
[EUC & EB / Differences]
[H.R.1 / How Fast A Bill Can Become Law]
[What is Invoke Cloture?]

[What is Unanimous Consent?]
[Coordination With EUC Tiers II, III, And IV]
[EUC Tier I - II - III / Total Weeks Payable]
[What is an amendment tree?]
[Some Simple Advice]

Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 PM

259 posts, read 662,371 times
For those that are watching out for legislation to extend the expiration dates. This is from a month ago:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/06/us...loyment&st=cse

Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 PM

[quote=Mr North Jersey;11503914]There is none all I can find is this stating how EB would be 100% federally fundedand this seeming to say that the 100% funding is no more as of Jan 1 2010
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (EB)

I went back to the NJ EB thread on here.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...sion-eb-5.html

I was very involved with that thread but forgot a lot. EB does come under ARRA as I was reading. It seems that federal funding runs out the end of the year as you understand it to. Here are some good links from that thread:

NJ Recovery and Reinvestment Plan | Department of Labor and Workforce Developement

http://www.nelp.org/page/-/UI/extend...09.pdf?nocdn=1

Old 11-05-2009, 09:38 PM

354 posts, read 946,124 times
Default hopefully you understand now

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgoer View Post
hmm kj interesting because I think my benefits are up before 2010 thus qualifying me for an extension? But if my benefits run into 2010 (which would be a week or 2) Im screwed and have to keep my fingers crossed they pass an extension?
If you read the post by Montana that he posted a few pages back it is a letter from NELP and in that letter it says that you to will be eligible for the last extension.

If you have gotten all your initial claim, all of your first extension Tier I, and are currently on your second extension (Tier II) and that runs out before the 20th of December of 09 then you will get the third extension (EB) in its entirety that would run you into 2010. After your Third extension (EB) ran out you would go onto the fourth and final extension (Tier III).

If your second extension, lets say runs out on December 21st 09 then you would not be eligible for the third extension (EB).

But as I said above based on a recent letter from NELP you would be eligible for the newest extension just recently passed today. Either way you will get some type of an extension.

Last edited by shilzz; 11-05-2009 at 09:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.