Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 09:12 AM

137 posts, read 268,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musi View Post
And let the record show how many people had glitches in there accts and if they didn't go down there they wouldn't be getting a check. So please don't tell me I was wrong because I was being cautious......................
Well, I had a glitch with mine, claimed online but said it couldn't be paid at this time. I called & was on hold for 50 minutes, the woman said she had to send it to Trenton, blah blah, I don't think she really knew what the problem was but I called my job counselor this morning who was able to look at it today and it was noted from yesterday "lift ok for payment", now I don't know if this has been done, or what, the automated system doesn't reflect a payment, and for me to go down to MY office, they direct you to the phones to speak with someone. I wouldn't recommend for everyone to go down to their UI Office, because with some they won't help you in person, but if you received this message you need to contact them, because more than likely it's not going to fix itself.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:13 AM

870 posts, read 1,405,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSouthJersey View Post
actually there is one mailman and one mailwoman... it's amazing how when the man is working the mail comes two hours earlier. I wonder why...

uh oh, I think you have now involved a whole group of members to the conversation (women), lol. Watch out who you bring into this dialogue between you and Mus.....

Old 11-24-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPattyNJ View Post
I received my unemployment compensation eligibilty letter in the mail this morning since my post a half hour ago. This is the (second) letter. Tells me what day to claim and how much I am going to receive. This is Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC, Tier III).

Good Luck To Everyone, It's been a long time coming...

Wow, I think you are the FIRST to have reported getting this. Does it give you just the 14 weeks??

Old 11-24-2009, 09:16 AM

33 posts, read 50,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBill44 View Post
There is a very good chance of that.
Ok, methinks I know who you are - I don't go on that one anymore - but nice to see you over here - Hope you get your check soon - i messed my whole situation up by claiming prematurely -

Old 11-24-2009, 09:18 AM

516 posts, read 1,349,950 times
I got my mail today. No first or second letter from DOL.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:19 AM

47 posts, read 98,798 times
new update anyone hear this one yet? like some of u i tried yesterday to claim on comp it went threw but said claims not available at this time.so then i called got very nice lady who said funds were there she just had to do something in comp and funds or check actually should be released today, so i called today waited 45 min finally got threw and another wowem not as nice told me theres nothing they can do until FRIDAY i said what do u mean she said late yesrday they were informed that no funds can get released until FRIDAY and that i had to call and certify again even though there closed . which also means checks not going out until monday wtf any one else run into this issue today. its just getting to be rediculous i even aske about tomooroe per njdol website she said it was changed. wtf anyone?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:23 AM

137 posts, read 268,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad99 View Post
new update anyone hear this one yet? like some of u i tried yesterday to claim on comp it went threw but said claims not available at this time.so then i called got very nice lady who said funds were there she just had to do something in comp and funds or check actually should be released today, so i called today waited 45 min finally got threw and another wowem not as nice told me theres nothing they can do until FRIDAY i said what do u mean she said late yesrday they were informed that no funds can get released until FRIDAY and that i had to call and certify again even though there closed . which also means checks not going out until monday wtf any one else run into this issue today. its just getting to be rediculous i even aske about tomooroe per njdol website she said it was changed. wtf anyone?
I will ask if someone answers the phone within the next hour (I'm on hold with the same issue". Their website still reflects the 25th, so was she saying you had to call back Friday, or was she just being a b**** and making stuff up like half of them do?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:23 AM

516 posts, read 1,349,950 times
Quote:
I called my claim in yesterday for this new extension, and it said your check will be processed on the next business day (which is today) and gave me the claim remaining balance.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:25 AM

33 posts, read 50,612 times
Quote:

Haven't had the courage to call yet - will report back when i do -

Old 11-24-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
I just got my determination letter in the mail. It's for 14 weeks but I'll take it. Gonna try to claim tomorrow.

Do they tell you in that letter to claim tomorrow? You did say Determination letter so the certification letter didn't come with that as well than, correct? Congratulations by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment