Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,356 times

Advertisements

If my 20 week extension, Tier 1, runs out o December 19, 2010, will I recieve additional compensation? Someone please, give me a straight answer!!
Confused and Unemployed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 10:11 AM

23 posts, read 48,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handydude View Post
If my 20 week extension, Tier 1, runs out o December 19, 2010, will I recieve additional compensation? Someone please, give me a straight answer!!
Confused and Unemployed!
refer to the following link for the TWC Info:
http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ui/bnfts/extends_euc_eb.pdf (broken link)

If you run out of EUC Tier 1 by November 27, 2010, TWC automatically adds Tier 2 benefits to your claim. Tier 2 pays up to 14 weeks of benefits. You have until April 30, 2011, to collect the balance on your EUC claim.

So, if you run out of of Tier 1 on 12/19 then you will NOT be entitled to additional benefits until congress extends them. The good news ism that as of this AM it appears that they will extend the benefits for up to 1 year as a part of the bush tax cut extensions that they are still negotiating ... lets hope so!!

Old 12-06-2010, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 3,356 times
I will run out of Tier 2 on December 19, 2010.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Confused and Unemployed!
Quote:
I will run out of Tier 2 on December 19, 2010.
Your Tier 1 or Tier 2 or Tier 3 must expire by 11-27-2010 to move to a new Tier.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:08 PM

4 posts, read 9,977 times
We're trying to figure all this out. We received a letter stating as of Nov 28, 2010 that we will not receive benefits for EUC. Our 1 year anniversary of my husband being laid off was 12/2. We are totally freaking out about what's going to happen to our benefits. I saw Obama talking about extending benefits Tuesday, but have no clue what that means for us and what is in store for our future. It's a mess...what do folks do once there is nothing left? I'm hoping someone can enlighten us on what's in store with our future benefits.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Jen

Old 12-09-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjplus6 View Post
We're trying to figure all this out. We received a letter stating as of Nov 28, 2010 that we will not receive benefits for EUC. Our 1 year anniversary of my husband being laid off was 12/2. We are totally freaking out about what's going to happen to our benefits. I saw Obama talking about extending benefits Tuesday, but have no clue what that means for us and what is in store for our future. It's a mess...what do folks do once there is nothing left? I'm hoping someone can enlighten us on what's in store with our future benefits.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Jen
refer to the following explanation from TWC:

In short, it sounds like he is probably on Tier 2 (+/-) (although the same rules apply to all the Ters (1 & 2 & 3), so ... If you run out of a EUC Tier by November 27, 2010, TWC automatically adds the next Tier of benefits to your claim. You have until April 30, 2011, to collect the balance on your EUC claim (regardless of which Tier you are on.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,620 times
I will run out of my Tier 1 benefits on my Jan 9th payment request, it won't be a full payment, but it will use up the last of what I have available on this tier. If I understand correctly I won't be moving on to the next tier unless Congress extends benefits, is this correct?? I am very confused, please help

Old 12-10-2010, 06:06 AM

4 posts, read 9,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralcd View Post
refer to the following explanation from TWC:

In short, it sounds like he is probably on Tier 2 (+/-) (although the same rules apply to all the Ters (1 & 2 & 3), so ... If you run out of a EUC Tier by November 27, 2010, TWC automatically adds the next Tier of benefits to your claim. You have until April 30, 2011, to collect the balance on your EUC claim (regardless of which Tier you are on.
Question:
We have a $9 balance, does that mean that we are SOL?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosamhernandez View Post
I will run out of my Tier 1 benefits on my Jan 9th payment request, it won't be a full payment, but it will use up the last of what I have available on this tier. If I understand correctly I won't be moving on to the next tier unless Congress extends benefits, is this correct?? I am very confused, please help
You are correct ... but there is a good chance that benefits will be extended before then ... we hope!!

Old 12-10-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjplus6 View Post
Question:
We have a $9 balance, does that mean that we are SOL?
That sounds correct ... What Tier are you currently on and when did you start it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment