Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:38 PM

4 posts, read 16,962 times

Advertisements

anyone???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:46 PM

80 posts, read 206,474 times
I'm in GA and I only got a partial payment last week, too. But, it can't be because of the benefit year ending because my benefit year ended a long time ago. I tried to call DOL, but as usual, I kept getting a busy signal.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:30 AM

4 posts, read 16,962 times
and you havent exhausted whatever tier youre on??

Old 01-18-2010, 01:22 PM

I exhausted tier 3 the week before last, so tier 4 should've kicked in last week. I haven't gotten a letter yet about tier 4, but they always lag behind the actual payments starting. Since my payments have always been for the same amount, no matter what tier, it doesn't seem right that tier 4 should be for less $. I'm going to try again to call them tomorrow. I think they're closed today (MLK day).

Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 PM

Default I got a letter from DOL today

Actually, I got 2 letters...one telling me about tier 2 and one about tier 3. They were both sent out on the same day. The thing is, I've already exhausted tiers 2 & 3. So, it looks like they screwed up; they should've sent me a letter re: tier 4. I wonder if their mailing screw-up has anything to do with my payment not being for the amount it should've been.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:10 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,976,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily314 View Post
I exhausted tier 3 the week before last, so tier 4 should've kicked in last week. I haven't gotten a letter yet about tier 4, but they always lag behind the actual payments starting. Since my payments have always been for the same amount, no matter what tier, it doesn't seem right that tier 4 should be for less $. I'm going to try again to call them tomorrow. I think they're closed today (MLK day).
If you qualified for the full 13 weeks of EUC Tier III, you cannot have completed it already.

Tier III was signed into law on November 6, 2009. The first payable week of Tier III was the week of November 8-14, 2009. So this is only the 11th week that Tier III has been available.

You might want to check the overview of the EUC Tiers on the Georgia DOL website (which has been updated to reflect Tier III) to determine where you actually are in the EUC Tier sequence: Extended Benefits Programs Currently Available | Spotlight | Georgia Department of Labor (http://www.dol.state.ga.us/spotlight/sp_ext_benefits_programs_available.htm - broken link)

Old 01-20-2010, 11:33 PM

You're assuming that everyone is eligible for the maximum available (13 weeks). See, this is the thing that people who come on here need to know. Not everyone is going to get the maximum weeks available. It's based on how much of the year you worked in the year before you were laid off. Not only does that apply to your original claim, but it applies to every subsequent tier. So, with all due respect, I know where I am in the tier sequence.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:32 AM

600 posts, read 1,074,455 times
I have a question concerning the additional week for Tier 2.

I've started my Tier 3 and based on the letter that I received from GA DOL, they are starting my Tier 3 the week that my Tier 2 should have gotten the extended 14th week. So I'm sort of lost. Are people not getting the 14th week of Tier 2 now or is it probably because I exhausted all the money in that Tier before the 14th week was there? I thought they were going to recalculate the percentages to extend it out to a 14th week, but nothing I have seems to tell me that I'm getting that extra week in Tier 2. It's like I just jumped to Tier 3.

Also, what's the deal with legislation to extend out the Tier 3 and 4. Is it still the end of February?

Old 01-27-2010, 07:23 AM

5 posts, read 16,589 times
I just came from the D.O.L & for those that are waiting on their 4th tier. There is a delay because of a computer error earlier. The lady here says that the 4th tier was supposed to been released on jan 22nd but I was told earlier this month the 26th. My claim ends on 02/10/2010 So who knows? Just thought everyone would like to know.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM

Thank you for your post, libraj112. Thanks for letting us know about the delay. They really need to get their computer system updated. Their systems are from the 1950's, for cryin' out loud. I know there are plenty of out-of-work systems people that could update it for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment