Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:30 AM

14 posts, read 23,901 times

Advertisements

Ok I am back..I am trying to call EDD here in CA and I couldn't contact any rep. Anyways I web-certed on sunday 9/15 for my 1 week claim and I still haven't got paid yet. I read on EDD Web-Cert online this update message regarding about both Web-Cert and Tele-Cert:

EDD Web-Cert is temporarily only available for those who used Web-Cert the very last time they certified for ongoing unemployment benefits. Our EDD Tele-Cert system is also only available for now to those who used Tele-Cert the very last time they certified.
For all other customers, or if you are uncertain about how you certified the very last time, we recommend completing and mailing your paper certification form if you are due to certify for continued benefits. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this temporary limitation.

I sent them an email yesterday and they still haven't respond yet. Now with that message said do you think I should just go ahead and mail my claim form or wait if they ever answer my email regarding about that message situation? Please let me know. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 01:05 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myster1 View Post
Ok I am back..I am trying to call EDD here in CA and I couldn't contact any rep. Anyways I web-certed on sunday 9/15 for my 1 week claim and I still haven't got paid yet. I read on EDD Web-Cert online this update message regarding about both Web-Cert and Tele-Cert:

EDD Web-Cert is temporarily only available for those who used Web-Cert the very last time they certified for ongoing unemployment benefits. Our EDD Tele-Cert system is also only available for now to those who used Tele-Cert the very last time they certified.
For all other customers, or if you are uncertain about how you certified the very last time, we recommend completing and mailing your paper certification form if you are due to certify for continued benefits. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this temporary limitation.

I sent them an email yesterday and they still haven't respond yet. Now with that message said do you think I should just go ahead and mail my claim form or wait if they ever answer my email regarding about that message situation? Please let me know. Thanks.
You won't get an answer to the email. Most people aren't.

Mail the form. Also, try telecerting if you have not already. You never know, these days, what will trigger a payment. People who webcerted 9/15 and weren't paid, then telecerted and were paid - in spite of CA's website message.

You just keep throwing mud at the wall until something sticks. It's a sad state of affairs.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:42 PM

ok thanks I will Tele-Cert then.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:51 PM

Well I Tele-Certed yesterday and I was supposed to get paid tonight and still nothing. The only thing left now is mail my claiming form and even if I mail my claim form I wouldn't get paid anyways. This is my last claim from EDD on my 2nd tier and they are holding back my $115.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:57 PM

At present, CA has a backlog of 60,000 claimants, more or less. I expect this number to increase exponentially, due to complexity of claims and inability of new system to properly navigate those complexities. Last week they were reporting 20k:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/31479611-post122.html

Extensions create additional problems, for CA.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:52 AM

So what does that mean I won't get my money for a long time or not at all?

Old 09-20-2013, 01:00 PM

You will get your money. When - there is no way to know.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:53 PM

I got my money for 9/08-9/14...my one week benefit for my Tier 2, however they sent me another claim form for the 9/15-9/21. I thought I was done with Tier 2 because it's already been exhausted and I thought I was going to get a letter for the eligibility of Tier 3? What was the claim form for 9/15-9/21? Do I have to mail that claim form again?

Old 09-23-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myster1 View Post
I got my money for 9/08-9/14...my one week benefit for my Tier 2, however they sent me another claim form for the 9/15-9/21. I thought I was done with Tier 2 because it's already been exhausted and I thought I was going to get a letter for the eligibility of Tier 3? What was the claim form for 9/15-9/21? Do I have to mail that claim form again?
Yes, you do. Different claim week. Mail it. Tier 2 is paid in two parts - 13 weeks, 1 week. This claim form is for the 14th week.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:35 PM

Oh ok thank you so much and am I getting a letter for Tier 3? Also are they going to file it automatically?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment