Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 01:59 PM

4 posts, read 5,518 times

Advertisements

Just got the cont. claim form to file on the 6th for the weeks beginning 9/22/2013-9/28/2013 and 9/29/2013-10/05/2013. Do you think they made a mistake or are they just finishing up this tier before they switch me to the next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 07:17 PM

4 posts, read 5,518 times
I marked my answers with x, then found out that's the worst thing to do. Will they send out a duplicate or should I email them?

Old 11-11-2013, 05:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,365 times
Sounds just like what happened to me, my first tier of fed extensions just ended (was to be early Oct, with almost 2 payments remaining) but they continued until last week when I called to recert, it was only for one week, and the payment was the amount left on my 1st tier. Then I called a few days later to see if there was announcement and they let me recert the 2nd week. So I figured the 2nd tier set in. About the same day, I get my mail (several from EDD, all almost a month after post date!) 1 saying a new reward, based on my earning of my last quarter I worked, and a reward larger than my previous award. Another telling me I was denied because I did not work with in the last year (which I didn't) and yet another telling me I need to post my resume on cal job, which I already did. All confusing. Can not reach anyon at EDD.

With the what I read, and with I'm still receiving, it sounds like it's all normal and I'm ok.... I wish I could feel that way.

But I did get a slip in one mailing that said that the sequester cuts will not be on the 2nd tier.... but when the award was deposited on the card, it was just as before, with the cuts?????? Does anyone know if this is just a delay that ca is experiencing and will fix soon? And if so, will they award me the difference I was missing from my last payment? (and any 2nd tier payment that had the sequester cuts?

Also, I have been so confuse on what and how they said and do things..... Am I to understand that currently all federal ext tiers are to end by the end of 2013?? Does that mean it all stops period? Or does it mean that my currant tier 2 will continue and pay out, just no more 3 and 4?

Any help would be grateful.

Last edited by Mark RH; 11-11-2013 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: left a mistake

Old 11-11-2013, 11:17 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark RH View Post
But I did get a slip in one mailing that said that the sequester cuts will not be on the 2nd tier.... but when the award was deposited on the card, it was just as before, with the cuts?????? Does anyone know if this is just a delay that ca is experiencing and will fix soon? And if so, will they award me the difference I was missing from my last payment? (and any 2nd tier payment that had the sequester cuts?

Am I to understand that currently all federal ext tiers are to end by the end of 2013?? Does that mean it all stops period? Or does it mean that my currant tier 2 will continue and pay out, just no more 3 and 4?
Any NEW tiers begun after September 28 in CA are not subject to sequester cut. Tier 1 benefits - which you began PRIOR to September 28th are subject to cuts.

Are you SURE the benefits reduced were weeks from Tier 2? Check your records.

All federal benefits payments have a hard payment cutoff of December 28, 2013 - no matter how much remains on your current tier. This could change of Congress extends the federal legislation reauthorizing payment into 2014. For now, plan on all payments ending 12/28/2013.

Last edited by JMT; 12-03-2013 at 06:13 PM..

Old 12-03-2013, 04:42 PM

78 posts, read 279,055 times
I'm kind of in a similar situation here in CA, but with a few differences.

- Lost my job in Oct 2012 and my Benefit Year was from 10/14/12 to 10/12/13. Claim is for $300 a week and my max earnings were $25,000+

- I collected 4 weeks of Tier 2, started a new job on Aug 16, 2013 and got fired on Oct 3, 2013. I filed for benefits/reopened my claim on Oct 3.

- Had a 5 week overpayment penalty that started on 10/13/13 since I claimed for benefits on my first week of work (I really needed the money and admitted my fault). I paid back the fee and filed for all 5 of those weeks from 10/13/13 to 11/16/13. Didn't get any money during that time, obviously.

- Had my first phone interview on Oct 31 asking why I was fired. Didn't get a response of any kind and had another phone interview on Nov 26 saying I was approved and all my money will finally be paid to me.

- It's 12/3/13 and still no money. I called one of the 619 EDD numbers I got from here and the lady said I was still approved and should have been paid, but I need to call the 800 number to talk to an adjuster. Tried calling all day with no luck.

- I still have my latest claim form for the weeks of 11/24/13 - 11/30/13 and 12/01/13 - 12/07/13. I know I will be webcerting on Sunday and I'm caught up with every week since my firing.

- I only earned a total of $3000 while working my previous job from Aug-Oct 2013, which is much smaller than my previous claim. Will I most likely be put on deferred benefits and collect my tier 2 at $300 a week again until I exhaust tier 3 (or if congress kills all benefits on 12/28/13)? Would I even qualify for a new claim to begin with?

- I haven't received any letters from the EDD saying I have a new claim or if my Oct 2012 claim was renewed. The only mail I've been getting from them have been claim forms with the stubs not giving me any balance amounts and just saying "claim expires 10/12/13". All my forms still say "Continued Claim" and I need to mail them every 2 Sundays like usual.

- I know my Overpayment Penalty period ended on 11/16/13 and I should have been paid from 11/17/13 - 11/23/13. But I haven't been paid yet. My guess is that EDD wants to pay me from 11/17/13 - 11/23/13 and 11/24/13 - 11/30/13, so it's biweekly, but my current claim form is from 11/24/13 - 11/30/13 and 12/01/13 - 12/07/13 which adds an extra week.

I'm still going to be calling again tomorrow in the morning, but what do you guys think will happen and what else should I do?

Last edited by superbobdolevegeta; 12-03-2013 at 05:43 PM..

Old 12-03-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbobdolevegeta View Post
I'm still going to be calling again tomorrow in the morning, but what do you guys think will happen and what else should I do?
Nothing in California is working the way it should.

This is what SHOULD happen.

If you earned $3k (or as little as $900) before your October bye, CA should automatically establish a new state claim, using LAG earnings from your earlier claim and new earnings ($3k) to arrive at a maximum benefit amount and WBA.

If the WBA is $100, or 25% lower than the one you are now collecting, under CA's DNCP program, CA will continue to pay you the higher EUC benefit from the first claim until 12/28/2013 - when all federal benefit payments end.

After that, CA will begin payment on the new state claim.

Seeing as how you are in arrears on payments and should have, by now, received a notice of a new state claim, no clue what the deal is with you.

All you can do is keep calling - or contact your State of CA legislative representative. There has been mixed success in CA using this strategy, as the problems are so huge for EDD.

CA processing is an absolute nightmare these days. Too many previously automated processes now need human attention because of the disastrous computer "upgrade" - using that term loosely. Actually, what has happened, is CA is back to the Stone Age in its processing. I feel very sorry for all the claimants who aren't being paid, and the EDD people who are bearing the burden of Deloitte's incompetence.

Deloitte owes CA multi-millions in damages, imo, and should be put out of business. That firm has inflicted similar damage on Massachusetts and Nevada - albeit not as visibly because their claimants are a fraction of those in CA.

The situation in these states is criminal.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:45 PM

Alright thanks, I'll be calling as much as I can.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:13 AM

Update: Finally got through today and after an hour, I'll be getting my money back after 2 months!

I haven't been this happy for a long time...

Old 12-05-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbobdolevegeta View Post
Update: Finally got through today and after an hour, I'll be getting my money back after 2 months!

I haven't been this happy for a long time...
Please let us know when you get paid - and - if your payments continue as scheduled going forward.

Thanks.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Please let us know when you get paid - and - if your payments continue as scheduled going forward.

Thanks.
Got paid for 2 weeks around 10PM today after spending from 9-10AM with the adjuster on the phone.

I still need to claim last week and this week, so I will webcert like usual on Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment