Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 06:42 PM

3 posts, read 5,582 times

Advertisements

I just received my last unemployment check getting a little worried if I am eligible in getting my first extension. When I received my check it said "You may qualify for extended benefits. If you qualify, the claim will automatically be filed. No action is needed on your part. You will be notified by mail of your eligibility".

So my question is how long does it take to get it mailed to me of my eligibility?

Any help would be appreciative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 PM

3 posts, read 5,582 times
Also, how long does it take to get your first extension check after you exhausted the unemployment checks.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 PM

15,142 posts, read 32,464,569 times
It comes automatically. When my first claim ran out last October, they automatically filed for me, and I received a check not long afterwards.

Now I'm on my second claim, and my benefits went down by $57 per week. I can't forsee being on unemployment for another year. I was getting $288 per week, and now I'm getting $231 per week, and I have federal taxes taken out of it. I guess it went down due to my part-time job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment