Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:15 PM

39 posts, read 66,556 times

Advertisements

My apologies up front if this has been answered previously; I have searched tirelessly and the more I read the more confused I am.

I am on a Tier II or III (not sure, second extension of 13 weeks, originally filed 03/15/09) scheduled to run out the first week of May. Am I done? Will there be another extension?

I have applied to so many jobs - I work in HR and there is NOTHING. NOTHING.

I am getting very scared - if it runs out and I don't have another job lined up I don't know what we will do! I want to be working - I hate being home.

I know we aren't the only ones, and that many are worse than we are.

Any information or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 07:36 PM

516 posts, read 1,350,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa728 View Post
My apologies up front if this has been answered previously; I have searched tirelessly and the more I read the more confused I am.

I am on a Tier II or III (not sure, second extension of 13 weeks, originally filed 03/15/09) scheduled to run out the first week of May. Am I done? Will there be another extension?

I have applied to so many jobs - I work in HR and there is NOTHING. NOTHING.

I am getting very scared - if it runs out and I don't have another job lined up I don't know what we will do! I want to be working - I hate being home.

I know we aren't the only ones, and that many are worse than we are.

Any information or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated.
If you're on tier II, which is 14 weeks, you go to tier III, that's 13 weeks. They passed a 20 week total back in November, so that extra week might fall into your tier III. I'm not sure because I exhausted tier II last year and collected EB, then went right to tier III which included that extra week making it a total of 14 weeks.

If you're finishing up tier III, you will move onto tier IV, which is 6 weeks.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:29 AM

THANK YOU - I am on the second extension, which is 13 weeks. I hope that there is a tier IV - it's the uncertainty that kills me.

Are you still on UI?

Old 03-23-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
THANK YOU - I am on the second extension, which is 13 weeks. I hope that there is a tier IV - it's the uncertainty that kills me.

Are you still on UI?
Yes, I'm on the last tier, which is tier IV, and I certify for my last full 2 weeks tomorrow.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyEF View Post
Yes, I'm on the last tier, which is tier IV, and I certify for my last full 2 weeks tomorrow.
I am sorry Wendy!

I just don't understand with unemployment as high as it is in this state why we can be cut off like this? It's not like UI pays so well that it is an incentive not to work, you know?

What are you going to do? This is so very scary.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I am sorry Wendy!

I just don't understand with unemployment as high as it is in this state why we can be cut off like this? It's not like UI pays so well that it is an incentive not to work, you know?

What are you going to do? This is so very scary.
Right now, I put my house on the market as of last Friday. I almost lost my house to foreclosure last year. I fought that and now I'm selling.

I'm also waiting for word on a job I interviewed for. They're doing a background check and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. I don't even know how much it pays.

I also have an interview lined up for next week that pays pretty good, and I'm hoping that one of these jobs comes through.

If not, I'm totally cooked. No more savings left, ie, 401k and my IRA.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:53 AM

Wow - I am in the same boat - stupid indymac is trying to foreclose (we have a loan mod and they keep screwing us around - waiting to hear from the lawyers what's going on) if this runs out we will have to foreclose too......

And with everyone burning savings and retirement accounts, this just gets worse and worse, you know?

Everything crossed that you get the job, Wendy!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Wow - I am in the same boat - stupid indymac is trying to foreclose (we have a loan mod and they keep screwing us around - waiting to hear from the lawyers what's going on) if this runs out we will have to foreclose too......

And with everyone burning savings and retirement accounts, this just gets worse and worse, you know?

Everything crossed that you get the job, Wendy!
Thank you soooooo much.

We too were getting screwed around by our mortage company. They mislead us so many times and so many foreclosure letters and they wouldn't even take payments from us anymore. It was so close for them taking the house away, letters from their attorney and the home was listed as pre-foreclosure. So I decided to get the BBB, OCC and the FTC involved, in the end we got our loan modification and whatever good credit we had left, back. That was a nighmare. You know, it's hard enough trying everyday to find work, let alone getting ready to lose everything you worked so hard for your whole life.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:05 PM

I know; I am not going to lie down and let them take our house. I just won't let it happen - worst case we have the 401k, and we didn't want to use it, but if we have to, we will - it will keep us funded for a while.

I am applying to jobs that I am remotely qualified for....this just sucks so badly.

It's good to be able to commiserate (not really, but you know what I mean, right?)

Old 03-23-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I know; I am not going to lie down and let them take our house. I just won't let it happen - worst case we have the 401k, and we didn't want to use it, but if we have to, we will - it will keep us funded for a while.

I am applying to jobs that I am remotely qualified for....this just sucks so badly.

It's good to be able to commiserate (not really, but you know what I mean, right?)
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Keep tyring to get the loan modification, even get the BBB involved, and watch how fast they change their tone. I'm serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment