Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:11 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I had mine done when I was in a time of crisis about 6 months ago.

It was eerily correct. I think it largely depends on the person who is reading them. I had an elderly man who was the first boy born into the family in generations of female psychics. It was all very interesting, especially his turn of phrase. He used the word "treachery" and that is EXACTLY what I was going through.

Further to this reading, he said he couldn't see me moving.

Since then, I have had my house on the market TWICE! then took it off and had tenants arranged, as I was going to move into a friends house. THE VERY DAY I was supposed to move, his electricity blew out totally, going to cost thousands to fix (he will have to sell) and his place is now unliveable...so...here I sit, surrounded by packing boxes, and NOT GOING ANYWHERE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 02:31 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,912 times
Anyone can read Tarot. There are three kinds of readers, basically.
Traditional book readers- those who have studied the traditional meanings of each card and reads the cards for what they are.
This person might say about the Lovers card, 'you face a choice, do you commit? Do you make this a partnership?'
Intuitive readers- those who have studied the meanings of the cards, but is able to see things through the card imagery that tells a whole other side to things.
This person might say the same as above, but adds 'you are running hot and cold, can't make up your mind, some says you have the passion and other days you are not sure about anything.'
Then there is the visionary reader as I call it. It's a bit of a misnomer, but I have not found a better term.
These are the readers that have never read a book on tarot and uses the imagery to direct the reading.
For the Lovers card this person might take the obvious route and speak of a loving union, but ya never know. They may see a parents divorce, a business partnership, someone learning to love themselves...

Old 09-30-2012, 05:52 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,363 times
Had a couple readings in New Orleans, both amazingly accurate. One predicted I would buy a house that year, we had been looking and that came true. Another said "I would be a wonderful mother", and we were trying to conceive. That was a bit vague since she didn't say I would actually conceive or not. But, pretty darn close!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:02 AM

24,099 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Anyone can read Tarot. There are three kinds of readers, basically.
Traditional book readers- those who have studied the traditional meanings of each card and reads the cards for what they are.
This person might say about the Lovers card, 'you face a choice, do you commit? Do you make this a partnership?'
Intuitive readers- those who have studied the meanings of the cards, but is able to see things through the card imagery that tells a whole other side to things.
This person might say the same as above, but adds 'you are running hot and cold, can't make up your mind, some says you have the passion and other days you are not sure about anything.'
Then there is the visionary reader as I call it. It's a bit of a misnomer, but I have not found a better term.
These are the readers that have never read a book on tarot and uses the imagery to direct the reading.
For the Lovers card this person might take the obvious route and speak of a loving union, but ya never know. They may see a parents divorce, a business partnership, someone learning to love themselves...
I'm a mixture of two and three.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:45 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,650,355 times
I 've done them for years. I look at re-occuring themes, then you know you're onto something. As "kids" we used the Gypsy Fortune Telling cards, anyone remember them??

Old 10-01-2012, 03:20 AM

24,099 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
I 've done them for years. I look at re-occuring themes, then you know you're onto something. As "kids" we used the Gypsy Fortune Telling cards, anyone remember them??
Yup. I still have a deck.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Being a reader and a collector, I go my hands on a Buckland Romany right before it went out of print.
Have not opened them.
They are not my style of deck so I am in no rush to open them.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:23 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,650,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Being a reader and a collector, I go my hands on a Buckland Romany right before it went out of print.
Have not opened them.
They are not my style of deck so I am in no rush to open them.
I use the Rider Waite ones because I know the symbolism so well... by now. Tried another one, Renaissance, but couldn't get into it. Bucland Romany sounds ornate? I would think being a collector would be pretty cool.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:20 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Motivated by this thread, I dusted off my old "Cosmic Tarot" deck and did a few readings. That deck has beautiful art on the cards. It makes reading them quite easy.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
I use the Rider Waite ones because I know the symbolism so well... by now. Tried another one, Renaissance, but couldn't get into it. Bucland Romany sounds ornate? I would think being a collector would be pretty cool.
I'm the opposite in decks- I do not own a Rider Waite deck. The one that I have closest to RWS is a clone having the same image just different art. I don't care for the 'primary' colors Waite used.

One of my favorite decks is the Fey.

http://http://www.tarotmall.co.kr/web/upload/Fey.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal