Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Set aside the whole end of the world thing...let's just look at this date and time.
The seasonal end/beginning for many ancient cultures happens on the winter solstice.
Ancient man was very aware of the sun's movement and natural cycles.
Around December 20-21-22, is when the sun 'dies & is resurrected'.
We know now that this is just because of the earths tilt and orbit around the sun.
However, winter solstice for 2012 is very interesting because of the timing.
The start of solstice is designated by the sun entering into the sign of Capricorn.
The moment that sun is at 00capricorn01 is at 11:11am GMT. However, for the Mayans, their geographical location, it's 5:11am.
It is interesting, Owl, but what if anything do you think will be different about this solstice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 08:32 PM

76 posts, read 200,379 times
11:11 was oddly associated with my relationship with my current boyfriend. We also met in a really bizarre fashion, as we had never met, but I worked for his friend from childhood. He was currently living in another state, but we became sort of infatuated with each other via the internet (this was mostly a secret infatuation and we never even spoke to each other directly...essentially we stalked each other via social networking) while we were both simultaneously dating other people. We were essentially in love with each other for well over a year ...for no logical reason, we just couldn't ever get the other one out of our minds, even though we had never even met/spoken to each other. We then both randomly ended up moving to the same city (we were both living on the east coast prior to this) around the same time, he even ended up in my neighborhood. We then met and have been dating ever since. Anyway, I used to see 11:11 ALL of the time when he would cross my mind. I even had a dream about him once and a giant 11 appeared in my mind and then I woke up. We met in his year of 11 (numerology), and I first noticed him in a year of 11 for myself. I also always knew when something would happen concerning the progression/realization of an actual physical relationship because I would see the number 88 literally EVERYWHERE at least a day prior to the event, it literally never failed. IT was all very very bizarre and creepy at times. He actually doesn't even know about any of this, because I find it to be slightly embarrassing/crazy sounding. Whatever, I'm glad we ended up together ... even if it took a few years and some random acts of fate!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:26 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
It is interesting, Owl, but what if anything do you think will be different about this solstice?
For starters- nothing drastically different between the 20th-21st-22nd....just the normal shortest day of the year.
I would like to think that the cycle would bring some peaceful awakening in humanity...lots of speculation about this date from doomsday (which I never fell for) to the return of the christ (note: THE christ, not Jesus), from DNA activation to Ascention.
What will happen, I cannot even guess. However- with many different cultures, there is a collection of prophecies that come during this time.
It could be as simple as just a place in the heavens that we return to after so many thousands of years, and end and beginning of a cycle, just like any calendar. Which is most likely in my book. We have spent the last 2000+ years in the age of Pisces and now we move into the age of Aquarius. If the ages in anyway dictate happenings on Earth, then moving into Aquarius could be a good thing. I've studied astrology for a good many years and while I am no master, and I have not found any bit of astrology that I can 'predict' 100%- I have observed an overwhelming bit of representation that rings true.
Just pay attention to a Mercury retrograde....
When looking at an astrological chart for 12-21-12 it is very interesting to see the planetary placements and give them a surface read in the simple symbolic way. If anything about 2012 is to be predicted and true- this would be my choice.
Age of Aquarius would be that peaceful awakening- it is humanitarian energy all the way. In the chart there is a dynamic of three planets that is called a Yod, or 'finger of god'. The three planets involved are Saturn- the planet of change and structure, Pluto- the planet of death, rebirth & secrets and the planet Jupiter, representing expansion, fortune, prosperity.
Both Saturn and Jupiter are considered teacher planets. Pluto is deemed generational.
One can easily attribute the current state of affairs that has been building over the last couple of years. Pluto has been in the sign of Capricorn for sometime now. Capricorn represents control, government, and is the 'I Use' sign. That planet sign combination challenges government. Those controlling forces of the last 30-40 years in the middle east are changing. The younger generations are rising up. Death to the old controlling ways.
On 12-21-12, Pluto will still be in Capricorn, Saturn will be in Scorpio. This I found incredibly interesting. For one- the distance between the planets and the aspect created is Exact! (in astrology there are 'aspects' and is a form of measurment, something can aspect and be a few degrees off, but is still considered an aspect) and second - Satrun rules Capricorn and Pluto rules Scorpio. The ruling planets of the signs they are in are 'swapped' Saturn is in Pluto's sign and Pluto is in Saturn's sign. Both planets and sign energies are similar and compatible. Pluto with death and rebirth is an element of change which change is Saturn's energy. We have the planet of control and government in the sign of secrets and legacy and the planet of secrets in the sign of government....bzzzz-bzzzz....some thick stuff there.
Those are the base planets to the Yod. At the top or apex of the yod is the lucky loving Jupiter in Gemini...the sign of kinship, thought and learning.

I would really like to see a total overhaul of the world government and for all of man to become aware that we are all on this planet together as one big family and learn to get along dispite our differences.
It seems to be slowly inching towards that. Throwing out the old controlling rules is a start.
I don't think that when we wake up on December 22 that the world will be 'healed' and all of humanity knows 100% compassion.
It's a slow proccess- just as some of the planets move slow.
Pluto has been in Capricorn for a while, and after 2012, it will remain in Capricorn for a while. And if the uprising in the middle east (and our Occupy movement) by the younger generations is connected to this planetary influence, then there will be more to be seen in the coming years.
I would like to see the influence of Saturn break down our government system and restore it to what it once was...with the expanding Jupiter in the sign of brotherhood (and sisterhood) things are hopeful.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
For starters- nothing drastically different between the 20th-21st-22nd....just the normal shortest day of the year.
I would like to think that the cycle would bring some peaceful awakening in humanity...lots of speculation about this date from doomsday (which I never fell for) to the return of the christ (note: THE christ, not Jesus), from DNA activation to Ascention.
What will happen, I cannot even guess. However- with many different cultures, there is a collection of prophecies that come during this time.
It could be as simple as just a place in the heavens that we return to after so many thousands of years, and end and beginning of a cycle, just like any calendar. Which is most likely in my book. We have spent the last 2000+ years in the age of Pisces and now we move into the age of Aquarius. If the ages in anyway dictate happenings on Earth, then moving into Aquarius could be a good thing. I've studied astrology for a good many years and while I am no master, and I have not found any bit of astrology that I can 'predict' 100%- I have observed an overwhelming bit of representation that rings true.
Just pay attention to a Mercury retrograde....
When looking at an astrological chart for 12-21-12 it is very interesting to see the planetary placements and give them a surface read in the simple symbolic way. If anything about 2012 is to be predicted and true- this would be my choice.
Age of Aquarius would be that peaceful awakening- it is humanitarian energy all the way. In the chart there is a dynamic of three planets that is called a Yod, or 'finger of god'. The three planets involved are Saturn- the planet of change and structure, Pluto- the planet of death, rebirth & secrets and the planet Jupiter, representing expansion, fortune, prosperity.
Both Saturn and Jupiter are considered teacher planets. Pluto is deemed generational.
One can easily attribute the current state of affairs that has been building over the last couple of years. Pluto has been in the sign of Capricorn for sometime now. Capricorn represents control, government, and is the 'I Use' sign. That planet sign combination challenges government. Those controlling forces of the last 30-40 years in the middle east are changing. The younger generations are rising up. Death to the old controlling ways.
On 12-21-12, Pluto will still be in Capricorn, Saturn will be in Scorpio. This I found incredibly interesting. For one- the distance between the planets and the aspect created is Exact! (in astrology there are 'aspects' and is a form of measurment, something can aspect and be a few degrees off, but is still considered an aspect) and second - Satrun rules Capricorn and Pluto rules Scorpio. The ruling planets of the signs they are in are 'swapped' Saturn is in Pluto's sign and Pluto is in Saturn's sign. Both planets and sign energies are similar and compatible. Pluto with death and rebirth is an element of change which change is Saturn's energy. We have the planet of control and government in the sign of secrets and legacy and the planet of secrets in the sign of government....bzzzz-bzzzz....some thick stuff there.
Those are the base planets to the Yod. At the top or apex of the yod is the lucky loving Jupiter in Gemini...the sign of kinship, thought and learning.

I would really like to see a total overhaul of the world government and for all of man to become aware that we are all on this planet together as one big family and learn to get along dispite our differences.
It seems to be slowly inching towards that. Throwing out the old controlling rules is a start.
I don't think that when we wake up on December 22 that the world will be 'healed' and all of humanity knows 100% compassion.
It's a slow proccess- just as some of the planets move slow.
Pluto has been in Capricorn for a while, and after 2012, it will remain in Capricorn for a while. And if the uprising in the middle east (and our Occupy movement) by the younger generations is connected to this planetary influence, then there will be more to be seen in the coming years.
I would like to see the influence of Saturn break down our government system and restore it to what it once was...with the expanding Jupiter in the sign of brotherhood (and sisterhood) things are hopeful.
All fascinating! I enjoy your posts!

I am also wondering if the dawning of the Age of Aquarius has also stirred up some backlash in some other less progressive quarters.

We have seen quite a bit of that of late. Perhaps the death knells of a dying era?

Old 01-12-2013, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 918 times
Hello. I am a 70yo female who has been seeing 11 for over 30yrs. It started always with 11:11 and over time anything with 11. My car reg plate was 1111 after my 4 children. My numerology number is 11. But regardless, i seem to be either delayed before walking into a room just in time to see an11 on clock. I almost never need to know the time so it is not intentional. You will find that any genuine 11ers will not see it if they try to. It is beyond our control. Widowed, i remarried a few years ago & two new addresses are 11. Anywhere, dockets, phone numbers, either contain 11 or add to 11. Ì used to think it was my guides/angels prompting me as it seemed to happen when i drifted away from my spiritual side or alternatively, was thinking/acting kindly or lovingly. It would either be a shakeup or pat on back. My feeling is that God/the Divine Creator/The Source has encided in our DNA so we all beginning to move to a higher dimension of understanding e.g. A knowing that we are all ONE and in that a new world will emerge of Love & Peace. That is my hope. In love & light, Lyell

Old 01-12-2013, 04:19 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyell View Post
Hello. I am a 70yo female who has been seeing 11 for over 30yrs. It started always with 11:11 and over time anything with 11. My car reg plate was 1111 after my 4 children. My numerology number is 11. But regardless, i seem to be either delayed before walking into a room just in time to see an11 on clock. I almost never need to know the time so it is not intentional. You will find that any genuine 11ers will not see it if they try to. It is beyond our control. Widowed, i remarried a few years ago & two new addresses are 11. Anywhere, dockets, phone numbers, either contain 11 or add to 11. Ì used to think it was my guides/angels prompting me as it seemed to happen when i drifted away from my spiritual side or alternatively, was thinking/acting kindly or lovingly. It would either be a shakeup or pat on back. My feeling is that God/the Divine Creator/The Source has encided in our DNA so we all beginning to move to a higher dimension of understanding e.g. A knowing that we are all ONE and in that a new world will emerge of Love & Peace. That is my hope. In love & light, Lyell
I've been learning a lot lately about metaphysical issues after having an experience of my own. I have not commented much, but I'm reading everything. I have to ask about the name you are using on City-Data. Did you choose it because the two L's at the end of the name look like an eleven or was that an interesting coincidence?

Old 01-12-2013, 04:24 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
I don't believe numbers have any significance in anything.
They are just numbers.
Somewhere in time, , perhaps with the begining of man inhabiting the earth, one person used rocks to keep some sort of count, and there in came the invention of numbers.
They only mean someting to those that believe they have some significance, which would have to be proven to me that they actually do.
As for them meaning some sort of time element by spirits, that is just absurd.
There is no time in the spirit world.
Bob.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Cal- time has nothing to do with it. It's just that clocks provide the way for us to see patterns with numbers. It's these patterns and the symbolism that we have created that gives the Universe a way to communicate.

Not sure if this was already posted by me here- but I really like this representation of 11:11
The 11:11 Universal and Spiritual Laws of the cosmos

Old 01-13-2013, 01:12 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Cal- time has nothing to do with it. It's just that clocks provide the way for us to see patterns with numbers. It's these patterns and the symbolism that we have created that gives the Universe a way to communicate.

Not sure if this was already posted by me here- but I really like this representation of 11:11
The 11:11 Universal and Spiritual Laws of the cosmos

After reading that link you posted,all I can say is, different strokes for different folks.
I didn't believe a word of it as factual proof of the validity of numbers.
Bob.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:56 PM

From early December of last year, the number "13" has defiantly been trying to get my attention. I was doing a lot of shopping and dealing with money and numbers. And so often, the number 13 appeared - the price - 13 the change 13 cents or dollars.

If I go on facebook, 13 messages. ALL THE TIME!

After wrapping my 2 kid's Christmas presents, I was curious to see how mI bought for each of them. My kids are not now and never were, the type to care, but as a mom I like them to be equal - give or take a present or two.

I counted the presents and I found that I had bought each of thjem 13 presents!

Last night DH and I went to a restaurant - the bill? $36. 13.

I know that many people think the number 13 is unlucky. In the Tarot deck and I read Tarot cards in the major arcana 13 is the number of the Death card.

At the same time, my niece and God daughter was born on the 13th. Thirteen is her lucky number and she did send me a lovely gift this year. But that can't be the whole thing, can it?

It does not feel foreboding to me. But it doesn't feel meaningless either.

Any ideas?
'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal