Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 05:32 PM

113 posts, read 113,874 times

Advertisements

Has anything else happenef since you first posted this macabre incident?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 10:02 PM

302 posts, read 474,253 times
She said a month or so ago that "Baby" is no longer in her room. She has been having nightmares about something called "Moly Mole" that is orange and has no eyes and rattles her closet. We figured out it was a game she played on her cousin's iphone. Still haven't figured out who the figure in the picture is.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:52 PM

113 posts, read 113,874 times
I have had some really strange supernatural experiences,so I pretty much keep my mind opened. That is pretty amazing,but I guess it wasn't anything harmful.But then the child is having nightmares.I wish you could get a professional medium to visit. Your child just may be one of those people who are born "sensitive".
You'll know for sure as she ages,but I am sure their have been people who have told you that.
I think the picture is fascinating.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:12 AM

1,487 posts, read 782,363 times
There is also an image on the ceiling that is very, very scary to me. I would be more afraid of what I see on the ceiling than the shadow image everyone else is looking at. Ghosts appear to us in shadow form. Read the book 'The Dead Roam the Earth". I saw a ghost in 2013, well, the bottom of her old fashioned "Petticoat Junction" skirt, in shadow silhouette. I wasn't scared, but I would be of your images. I hope you're not playing. You shouldn't mess around with matters of spirituality.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:10 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
The OP stated: "She mostly takes pictures of the ground, her feet, her toys, etc.". I have to ask if the granddaughter owns any dolls?

A picture of a doll, close up and out of focus, could explain the picture. It might eve be another toy or even the blanket? I just think it's far too early in any investigation to start screaming about an unknown entity.

PS I also wanted to ask if the camera has a timer and if the picture could have been of the granddaughter? I also just took note that this is a very old thread!

Last edited by fisheye; 12-18-2018 at 06:47 AM..

Old 12-18-2018, 06:50 AM

7,260 posts, read 5,135,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post

Any thoughts or explanations would be welcomed!

Human psychology of perception: we are hard-wired to see a human form in vague outlines and a face anytime three spots are arranged in a triangle-- two eyes & a mouth : )

How come vague outlines always seem to be either Jesus Christ or the Virgin Mother? Can't it ever be just plain ol' Joe who used deliver firewood or his aunt?

Old 12-18-2018, 05:11 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,017,461 times
Humans are hard-wired to find familiar patterns in anything visual. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Old 12-18-2018, 05:45 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
On Sunday, I looked down at the planking in church and saw a perfect little face: two tiny eyes with brows, an angled cartoonish nose, and a mouth. It was simply a few imperfections in the wood. As others have said, we're hardwired to find patterns in our environment. The hunter gatherer who could spot the dire wolf, sabertoothed tiger, or member of a hostile tribe lurking in the bushes had a survival advantage over those who couldn't do so (as did the tribe he warned).

A nice collection of naturally occurring "faces":

Landform faces, Indian heads, and other humanoid rocks

Old 12-18-2018, 07:45 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
I have mistaken a parking lot for a lake, for about 10 seconds. Recently I saw a company logo on a hillside which turned out be a big commercial truck. It's crazy what your brain interprets when you are tired from lack of sleep.

Old 01-31-2019, 11:19 AM

12,774 posts, read 14,987,827 times
It's rare to see a thread keep going all these yrs.

So your granddaughter is now 9 (or almost 9) since you started this thread. How have things been now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal