Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 AM

131 posts, read 160,477 times

Advertisements

I am confused on this issue. I may be wrong, but I see rebirth as our time it fix our past transgressions. A time to learn from these experiences and grow from them as we'll. now the law of attraction is me in my life thinking of positive thingss. I understand that part of it. What I can't comprehend is together.
How they work together?

For example. You were a horrible person in your last liife. And in this life you are very repentant for what you have done, and are a very poor humble person. Do you have to wait yet another life for good karma to follow you? Or does the law of attraction not apply.

I'm sorry if this is coming out wrong, I have just wondered. If there was a chance to have the law of attraction work for you despite having to pay karmic debt.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 10:19 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,168 times
There is no conflict between the two. Law of Attraction is present as well as karmic debt. Karma is not generalized and it does not 'punish' through a life time. It makes lessons & events that we face and then moves on if we learn the lesson.
For example- past life involved being abusive to people and animals. This life an abandoned pregnant dog shows up at the door- does the person take it in and love it? Or do they call animal control or do the shoo the dog away?

One does not spend an entire lifetime paying for past karmic crimes. Opprotunities are presented to balance the karma are sprinkled through ones life.
Just because one lifetime a person was horrible, does not mean that this lifetime a person is destined to be poor and have nothing but bad luck.
For a poor person in this life time, did they start out poor? Did they lose their money? If someone is born into 'poorness', likely in their past life they had LOTS of money and was probably quite greedy. Being born poor for karmic reasons does not mean the person has to stay poor.
This is where law of attraction comes in. When they think the proper way, they can bring the wealth back to them. Question is...will that person be greedy again? Or will they be compassionate and generous with their wealth? That's where LoA and Karma work side by side. LoA does not distinguish between 'good' and 'bad'- we can think and feel bad things into our lives. So LoA is not going to restrict someone who has bad intentions.

Also remember- law of attraction just works...all the time, for everyone....it can be good, it can be 'bad'. Many people with 'bad luck' are not suffering from a karmic debt of a past life, they are attracting the suffering themselves through their thoughts and feelings.
Same with karma, some debts are bad, some are good, and the balancing of karma works its way into life along side LoA.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:04 PM

I guess I just don't get it. I feel I have positive thoughts and am always hoping for the best, yet not so great things in my life keep happening. I am not talking strictly about money. I lost my son a couple of yeras ago and it hurt more than anything I have ever experienced. It still hurts. Yet, I learned so much from his passing. I felt it brought me closer to God and made me believe without a doubt that there is more to this life (I wasn't so sure before this happened). I realized despite this I am still very lucky, I have my life, my health, a supportive husband and my I still have one child left. I have a great job etc. I am a Nurse and my nature is to help others. I am one of the lucky people who knew from childhood what i wanted to be when I grew up and worked hard to get where I am.

I began reading into the law of attraction and it makes sense to me...negative energy/people attract more negative energy people. I really feel I am not that way (I could be wrong) but I do have a strong support system not just in my family, but my co-workers. Yet, sucky things keep happeneing. My son thinks he should have been the one to die instead of his brother and will be okay for months at a time and then he will suddenly try to hurt himself, not just cuts, burns etc. but he will try to OD. About a year after my son died I was sent a letter I was being audited. I had thrown a lot of my paperwork away (receipts etc.) when I finally gathered up the courage to go through his things and get rid of some of them. I guess I just over cleaned my house lol. That sucked, but whatever, I paid it off and now that I just finished paying it off I get another letter for another audit! I pay my taxes, so it's very annoying. Then my husbands ex wife is constantly trying to take us to court, I believe this time she is trying to appeal something or get more spousal support. She never wins, but it does cost a lot in attorney fees for us, which I believe is her goal. I pray for her all the time...that she will meet a rich man and marry him and be happy. I hope that's not against the law of attraction lol.

I am trying to be as positive about this as possible, but really this is getting old and I am getting tired. I would appreciate anyone reading this to send positive thoughts my way, because I could really use them.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:58 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
It can take awhile for things to come your way you are being hopeful for.
Key: NEVER doubt, have faith always...NEVER doubt that it is on its way....

Doubt blocks all that is being prepared for you in the "Unseen" or Spiritaul Realms.
It took 2-3 years for someone to drop $100,000 in my lap, no strings, to pay my mortgage off...I never ever had a thought that my mortgage was NOT
going to be "taken care of" somehow.
I always knew my Father would take care of me. He always does...always.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:38 AM

Thank You for your reply Miss Hepburn, you've helped me to remember to be patient and helped renew my optimism. I know things will all work out in the end.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:22 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,168 times
Quote:
I feel I have positive thoughts and am always hoping for the best, yet not so great things in my life keep happening.
How does it feel when these things happen? Do you still think about them when it's over? Do you get frustrated or irritated when they happen and when you think a out it? Positive thoughts are great, but how do you feel overall?
How you feel is key. One can say and believe, 'everything will work out for the best' and in the moment after feel anxious about the events that are happening.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:36 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
I've read that with the higher acsention of the soul, more trials are met. Positive and negative attract.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal