Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:36 AM

2 posts, read 7,919 times

Advertisements

I recently have noticed that items in my house are disappearing from the exact spot where I last had them. Ill give you a good and recent example.

My laptop cord vanished from my bedroom at night, even though I know EXACTLY where I last put it and have a very distinct memory of bringing it up there. I know for certain because I had to come back downstairs to get it and pull the couch out a bit to reach the outlet and unplug it. I went back upstairs, did some school work, turned it off, put it on my closet shelf and went to bed. Woke up the next morning, the laptop was there but the cord was gone. Simply gone. It was nowhere in the house. vanished. I looked EVERYWHERE for days. Gone with no explanation. I instantly knew this was something totally paranormal because I had JUST USED IT!!! 3 or 4 days went by, no cord! Mind you I currently am alone in my house (parents are overseas) with my 12 month old daughter who was knocked out sleeping between the times in which it vanished.

I also noticed my daughters special shoes disappeared. They are a special pair that are designed for little walkers, she wears them everyday and they are kept in the SAME place. Those were gone too. Just gone.

After not being able to use my laptop for a few days really started to anger me and become an issue. I looked up object disappearance because I just knew it had nothing to do with me...I read that I should demand outloud that the entinity/poltergiest return my property...So I did...and within minutes(literally) my laptop cord appeared wedged behind an end table and recliner in the corner of the living room (which I happened to see because I was setting up a play tent for my daughter in the living room) It was slightly wrapped up and totally hiding. This was so freaking scary I didnt even go pick it up for a good hour! IM NOT DONE!! Her shoes appeared RIGHT after that...in my purse!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not believe this happened!!! I am totally disturbed by this!

I said outloud "PLease return my laptop cord and my daughters shoes. I need these items and I dont appreciate them being taken from me. Thank you." Boom!! There was my stuff. It was creepy, like someting heard me and returned my items to weird places.

Is this real? I just have zero explanation for how these things appeared in these spots. Like I said, i currently live alone with my 12 month old so I dont know how this happend. I am an atheist, but I guses now I am starting to believe that there is at least some type of other dimension.

Any information would be hepful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 12:43 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
Yes -- but I have cats. Which means the stuff they take never comes back. I lost a nice Timex watch to my late cat Seamus who was a huge thief...never did find it. He also stole glasses (which is why mine are kept in the case when they aren't on my face). Hubby never closes his glasses, which made them harder to steal, and easier to find... after you stepped on them.

I miss that little guy -- he was such a doll.

A friend of mine had a Grey Lady at her family's home in England. My friend took 6 flowered combs to wear in her hair, and one by one they disappeared. She'd take it off, lay it on the dresser the next morning it was gone.

The family did find a few, tucked up in the fine china and silver cupboard -- they used the good stuff once a year. No one opens it until the day before when it's taken out and cleaned.... and there were two combs. Never did find the others.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:37 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,276,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Yes -- but I have cats. Which means the stuff they take never comes back. I lost a nice Timex watch to my late cat Seamus who was a huge thief...never did find it. He also stole glasses (which is why mine are kept in the case when they aren't on my face). Hubby never closes his glasses, which made them harder to steal, and easier to find... after you stepped on them.

I miss that little guy -- he was such a doll.

I had a cat who would steal the pen we had on the counter. We replaced it with another pen and that, too disappeared. We went through all our pens and then he was working on the pencils. I couldn't figure out where they went. Someone suggested the refridge (which was across from the counter). Sure enough, that is where ALL the pens & pencils went. So, my suggestion to you, is look under the refridge and maybe the stove.

The people who used to live in this house told us that things would go missing but then they were found the next day or so. We have yet to experience that.

Cat

Old 05-30-2014, 01:47 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Yes.
But, not for awhile.
A carry on peice of luggage.
I KNEW I had not given it away.
I rubbed my eyes, breathed, cleared my head several times.
I thought someone stole it...it was in my garage, afterall.
Preposterous, why would anyone take THAT?
I would look again.
Then one day, weeks later...there it was....in the garage.

I am a sane person. It was made invisible. But, why? By whom?

Old 05-30-2014, 04:34 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,474,548 times
Happens to me all of the time. Sometimes I'll find the item the next day or month; sometimes never. I live alone. I feed stray cats, but allow none inside. I don't know how many times I've go to the laundry and washed ten socks with no matches. Ever need a Phillips screwdriver and find six slotted, or vice-versa? There are forces at work. Some say he's called Trickster.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:04 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,100,610 times
Yes! Not only to me but also to my neighbors and to my renter (little guest cottage on the property) The type of things that disappear are never valuable and sometimes reappear and sometimes never do. It is very odd. I live alone and for years I thought I was losing my mind but it is reassuring to hear it happens to others who live alone or not.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:00 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
many times

we use to have this cute fluffy tailed stuffed squirrel, that seem to just appear in my sons closet one weekend
when he hauled it out , his mother asked me, when I got it for him,,,i said I didn't -I brushed it off, as we must have picked it up at his childcare in one of our bags- neither one of us bought this, never seen it before,

we brought it back to the childcare place and no one recognized it- I told them they could keep it,,,they said ok,,its kinda cute

the next weekend , I open the closet, and there it is again,,, sitting in the exact same spot as the previous weekend,,,too high up for my son to place it there

I called my wife in and asked her if the place gave it back, she said no- she got scared and called it evil
my son said he hadn't seen it since we brought it in to childcare, I called the lady, and she said this squirrel is very odd, they lost it the first day
I told her it was here again- she said burn it,,,get rid of it...immediately..

I took the squirrel and placed it in the living room, next to my desk, if it moved, I would notice... I wanted to physically see if this thing moved
I went to use the bathroom, and when I came back the thing was gone!! I got scared/pissed
opened the closet and their it was on the top shelf, and no one went into his bedroom,,,im sure of that

so, I doused it with gas,,, put my camcorder on (in case it disappears)
and threw a match on it
and that was the end of it

Old 05-30-2014, 08:41 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,166 times
Yes, then found out
It was the maint. Man in my complex
Coming in and taking small stuff and c.d.'s.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:59 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,347,404 times
Take it for what it's worth, but, Irish & Icelandic cultures believe it's the work of fairies playing pranks, when items begin to disappear. The problem with fairies is they play pranks when they feel they're not thanked for the good they do... or, if they're called upon to help & aren't thanked. They're thanked/honored by leaving a bottle cap with a bit of beer (or water & sugar, if you're from a non-alcohol household) & a small piece of bread... just a crumb really (anything yeast will do) with a hearty thanks. But, I grew up in these cultures, so it's just 2nd nature for us. Fairies always get the 1st bite of a treat to thank them for protecting the household.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
Happens to me a lot, put something down and come back sometime later and its not there its just gone come back sometime later and its sitting there right where i left it, it happens so often i just refer to it as dimensional shifting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal