Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 09:58 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times

Advertisements

Oh the tingle and hair thing....that felling makes me stop in my tracks.
I'm one of those people who can walk into a room and sense the overall mood of the people or just the area.
Many years ago when I was a night bartender, I had a customer come in and through conversation, he said he had a place for rent and I could go look at it after work (2am).
It was unlocked and I was told I could go in. I got about 10 feet past the front door and got a strong sense of someone else being there. I paused to really feel the feeling and first thing that came to me was a ghost (the intelligent kind, not residual). I had lived with a ghost before, so it recognized the feeling once I gave it that moment.
Ghosts do it scare me so I was ok with renting the house.
I would not call the ghost evil, just mischievous. It left a hammer in the hallway and messed around With things in the bathroom (the hammer was right outside the bathroom door).
In a game/experiment with fellow tarot readers, we learned that this ghost was a child in the early 1800's who had drowned in the river that was just across the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 11:36 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Several years ago i read about a woman in Arkansas that had cattle just west of Fort Smith. She was 92 years old and was from a very well known family and was very lucid. She was checking her cattle and one or two hyena looking type critters came at her and she jumped into the truck and got out of there. One even slammed into the side of the truck and dented the door. The next day she took a friend along and they got out of the truck and saw the same critters. She had a .22 rifle with her but thought thy were to big to be shot with a .22 rifle. I have looked and looked and cannot find the link.

That is the story as i remember it.
I saw this story on Monsters and Mysteries in America. They were covering "devil dogs" in the episode. In that same area, a guycame home one night, he lived back in a ways, and was confronted by two of tthese hyena like critters. They were trying to get in his house, where his Doberman guard dog was. They retreated and hid in a large pile of brush he had cleared , near the house. Reports of these things are not uncommon, and the evidence is there that they do, indeed, exist.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:50 AM

18 posts, read 38,571 times
Ghosts, demonic possession, poltergeist activity.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:26 AM

91 posts, read 92,245 times
Nephilim, Watchers, Nibiru, Annunaki

Old 02-24-2015, 09:58 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
I don't think psychic abilities are paranormal. I think our culture has taught us to repress these natural abilities.

My favorite area if inquiry is NDE's and the nature of consciousness.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:48 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Or something. I've never seen a "ghost", nor any sort of ethereal apparition. Your thoughts that more "conscious" happenings are possibly "demons" , interests me. The spirit related type things I have experienced manifested in smells, sounds, and feelings. Such as a static electric thing, where all the hair on my body stood up and my skin tingled.

All but one, such experience, was always in a very remote area, as well. The exception was a very old building, long abandoned, on a military base. What I have come to believe, is, that certain places have a power about them. Just what that "power" is, well, that's a conundrum I've struggled with. I was told these things are warnings. Don't proceed further, lest it becomes, to coin a phrase, more than a feeling. Leave, and don't disturb or , especially, take anything from there.

What sort of energy do you think this might be? I've had it "explained", such as it is, that power(s) protect these places, but why they , it, whatever, chooses to do so is not known or questioned. It just is. Thoughts?
I don't know what to call this...energy. It sounds silly to me if I try to put a word to it, like chi or life-force or whatever. I just think it is there. Why certain places can store it over others, escapes me. Why a old spooky house tends to be haunted as opposed to a nice new building - I don't get either. Theories such as running water, ley-lines, railroads, etc - whatever - Im not sure I buy completely in to it, but I'm okay with it.

When people start talking to ghosts, or claim to have been pushed or have stuff thrown at them - I think most of them are making it up, but I do think it can happen. To me, that is a demon. Once you die and have passed over, you can't interact with people here in this plane of existence. However, demons are servants of Satan, they are tricksters. They know how to emulate people and do things to make you think a certain person's spirit is still hanging around. But at the same time, when I hear about a person recently passing and a left behind loved one getting some sort of confirmation, warm feeling, or sign that the loved one is still there or watching over them - I don't want to completely rule that out as impossible - but I don't think it is something that can go on for an extended period of time.

As far as seeing a ghost, maybe. I have had the heavy, being watched, leave now skin tingling sensation before. I have experienced a weird smell, in my case, cigar smoke - appear and disappear where it shouldn't. The weird sighting I had was a "bobbing" green light along a RR track deep in some woods, but I can't confirm what it really was.

I think the bottom line is, there is some random-ness to it, and some negative sentience to it that will defy all means of regular science to quantify it by design.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:16 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
I saw this story on Monsters and Mysteries in America. They were covering "devil dogs" in the episode. In that same area, a guycame home one night, he lived back in a ways, and was confronted by two of tthese hyena like critters. They were trying to get in his house, where his Doberman guard dog was. They retreated and hid in a large pile of brush he had cleared , near the house. Reports of these things are not uncommon, and the evidence is there that they do, indeed, exist.

Have you ever read anything on predator hunting forums about seeing strange canines or shooting them?

Old 02-26-2015, 04:30 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Have you ever read anything on predator hunting forums about seeing strange canines or shooting them?
Yes. But nothing like these hyena things. I was on a site last night, and they had some pictures of really strange hybrids that had been taken. One looked like a mix of wolf, dog and coyote, and the dog part must have been a pit bull or Mastiff type. Very large and heavily muscles and boned. Squarish head with massive jaws and teeth but ears that looked like a radar array, and yellow eyes.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:11 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
occult...demonology, possession, evil

Old 02-27-2015, 07:15 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Yes. But nothing like these hyena things. I was on a site last night, and they had some pictures of really strange hybrids that had been taken. One looked like a mix of wolf, dog and coyote, and the dog part must have been a pit bull or Mastiff type. Very large and heavily muscles and boned. Squarish head with massive jaws and teeth but ears that looked like a radar array, and yellow

eyes.
Great! Can you give a link here or by PM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal