Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 08:57 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,373,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I don't know if this has been asked, but I've always wondered why would an advanced alien race visiting our planet in advanced interstellar craft need lights? Witnesses always report flashing blue, or orange lights. WHY?

I would think there wouldn't be a need for bright lights travelling through interstellar space, unless the Federation of Planets traffic code calls for that.

Just makes no sense to me. Hey let's visit Earth, sneak around and while we're at it, shine brilliant orange lights.
To me, it would make more sense for UFOs to have them than not. What if they want to get somebody's attention?

I along with at least 10 friends had many sightings between 1973-1976 and for us, when we saw them, it was always the same thing. Bright white light in the front, blue light in the middle and red toward the end. We only saw these cigar shaped craft at night, usually starting at dusk and they seemed to show an interest in our whereabouts. Strange but true.

By the way, every time these UFOs have shown up to 'official' places, they've been shot at time and time again.

Disclosure is happening, its just happening one sighting at a time. There are dozens of sightings every day being reported in the US alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 11:47 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,978,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
My guess...UFO's have lights as visual aids...so they don't run in to each other!

The one I saw was during daylight hours under a heavy overcast. The entire thing (cigar shape) was lit up like the sun. Very bright orange. Couldn't see any other lights on it.
So their technology is thousands of years beyond ours, we primitives are on the verge of having self driving cars, and they need lights on their craft so they don't run into each other?

Old 03-01-2016, 12:31 PM

15,654 posts, read 26,369,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
So their technology is thousands of years beyond ours, we primitives are on the verge of having self driving cars, and they need lights on their craft so they don't run into each other?
Well -- here's the thing. All of us, no matter how smart, or creative are only able to see things through our own filters. Even if someone brilliant makes a "leap" of discovery, they can walk you through the process of how they got there.

So what looks like lights to us, might be their way of propulsion. We see lights because to us those are lights.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:36 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,631,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Disclosure is happening, its just happening one sighting at a time. There are dozens of sightings every day being reported in the US alone.
"Disclosure" ? of what ? Those who control UFO technologies and other technologies
are not going to give up their monopolies. We should rather expect them to concoct
the "extraterrestrials" story rather than admit the truth which is that anti-gravity
flying craft have been traversing our skies and above for many decades now, and
that they are entirely man-made.
Nikola Tesla's papers on making an anti-gravity craft, of which designs included both
saucer and cigar-shaped were confiscated by the U.S. Office of Alien Property from
a large chest in which he kept them in his final days at the Waldorf-Astoria. His
nephew also smuggled some to the Soviet Union. Moreover, the American government
took over the works of T. Townsend Brown, Otis T. Carr, and others.. including a
large contingent of Nazi scientists who already developed an anti-gravity craft.
There are good reasons to believe that a secret space program has already existed,
not to mention space weapons which are not publicized.
Did you know that Wernher Von Braun, in his final days confided with Carol Rosin
that there was a conspiracy to concoct the lie that aliens were threatening the
Earth and humanity, so that we should weaponize outer space?
The only disclosure we should have is the true extent of the breakaway civilization's
accomplishments regarding advancements which they are concealing from the public.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:19 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,515,986 times
Quote:
They need lights for insurance purposes.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:59 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,954,482 times
Quote:
Hey man...it's space. It's dark out there.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:40 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,365,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I don't know if this has been asked, but I've always wondered why would an advanced alien race visiting our planet in advanced interstellar craft need lights? Witnesses always report flashing blue, or orange lights. WHY?

I would think there wouldn't be a need for bright lights travelling through interstellar space, unless the Federation of Planets traffic code calls for that.

Just makes no sense to me. Hey let's visit Earth, sneak around and while we're at it, shine brilliant orange lights.
The fact that interstellar spacecraft do seem to conform to FAA regulations is mighty considerate of the little grey fellas.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:23 AM

22,988 posts, read 28,452,114 times
Just to inject a little reason into the fun:

Two points to consider about the bright lights seen on my UFOS:

1.) It has yet to be proven that UFOs are extraterrestrial in origin.

2.) If they are --- or at the very least if the occupants are of non-human intelligence --- then we have zero reason to assume they use lights on their vehicles for the same reasons we do. Perhaps the lights are of religious or cultural significance to them --- the equivalent of a rosary from the mirror or fuzzy dice? Perhaps it is a byproduct of whatever technology powers the ships --- the equivalent of exhaust fumes? Perhaps it is some technology we have not yet discovered --- the equivalent of some sort of radar-like system? Perhaps it is entirely artistic in nature --- the equivalent of bare-chested musclemen riding unicorns on the sides of vans? Or perhaps it is something we haven't even imagined?

Fact is: We don't know. And we shouldn't make baseless assumptions. Extra-terrestrial cultures (IF they exist at all) may be as different from us as we are from guppies or grasshoppers.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:26 PM

7,043 posts, read 6,967,465 times
Quote:
Extra-terrestrial cultures (IF they exist at all) may be as different from us as we are from guppies or grasshoppers.
If they live for eons, they could be in the form of rocks like we see on Mars. A fast moving eon-lasting lifeform would probably manage a swift 5mm per year.

Size is something which is not normally considered much either. I reckon there are tiny intelligent beings on Mars yet we are looking for beings of a certain minimum size to confirm their intelligence "because to be intelligent, they need a brain of a certain size and proportion" How narrow-minded is that?

The possibilities are more varied than we can imagine.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:21 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,515,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
If they live for eons, they could be in the form of rocks like we see on Mars. A fast moving eon-lasting lifeform would probably manage a swift 5mm per year.

Size is something which is not normally considered much either. I reckon there are tiny intelligent beings on Mars yet we are looking for beings of a certain minimum size to confirm their intelligence "because to be intelligent, they need a brain of a certain size and proportion" How narrow-minded is that?

The possibilities are more varied than we can imagine.
Do you have ANY proof of this? Any at all? You make statements as if they are fact to back up your beliefs. They are looking for LIFE on Mars. ANY life. They are in no way restricting their search by looking for life at a certain intelligence level or certain color, or any other random standard you set to confirm your belief system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal