Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 09:15 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Can YOU prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is?
You mean that Trump is a reptile? No, alas. I cannot. Because I was being snarky in the first place.

But Boxcar Willie? C'mon. You gotta give me that one. http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...f_satanist.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 12:02 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,587,448 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf5SvJpGuv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM4tkJGSSaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeLBom6l14E

Oh, the American people may be ready to hear the "aliens" are in the skies,
but are they ready to hear the real truth ? The truth that all the sightings
were and are nothing other than secret technology 100% man-made and
concealed from the public sphere ? Namely that the "alien" and "UFO" storylines
are nothing but disinfo scams of the same elites who control the technology ?

Old 11-23-2016, 07:30 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Can you prove that beyond reasonable doubt?
I would guess that there is very little that can be proven beyond reasonable doubt where, for example, reality is concerned. The Matrix may very well be spot on !!

Unless, of course, you know differently.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:02 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,761,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Here is the great selling point on UFOs...it is a numbers issue..because there are ktrillions of stars and planet out there ...that there MUST be intelligent life out there. There also is the rare possibility that there is NO one out there...that we are the only ones...that would make us special and a miracle and we would respect how precious humanity and the earth is. As long as we have pie in the sky notions...we will never respect this space ship called earth...or its crew.
Thats almost exactly what Neil deGrasse Tyson said. I am paraphrasing because I dont remember exactly. But he was on CBS morning news last week and said because there are billions of stars in the galaxy that there have to be hundreds of millions of planets and of those there have to be millions that can support life and of those there have to be thousands that can support or have intelligent life and out of those there have to be about 100 advanced civilizations at our level or above.

Or something like that.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:09 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,069,432 times
Quote:
It is possible to believe there is intelligent life out there and to also not believe that intelligent extraterrestrial life is vising earth.

This is what I believe.
I share pretty much the same belief. Even if an extraterrestrial civilization developed light speed travel 100,000 years ago, the odds are they are so far away from us, they have not had time to reach earth yet. The distances are so huge it is inconceivable for any ETs to invest in a venture and deliberately remain hidden. A huge investment to make without some form of exploitation.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:19 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I share pretty much the same belief. Even if an extraterrestrial civilization developed light speed travel 100,000 years ago, the odds are they are so far away from us, they have not had time to reach earth yet. The distances are so huge it is inconceivable for any ETs to invest in a venture and deliberately remain hidden. A huge investment to make without some form of exploitation.
Physical distance becomes less and less a problem to an advanced civilization, additionally, we do not actually know they are coming from another planet, if they are extra-dimensional, distance and time the way we think of them would not mean anything.

There is FAR too much data that shows they are here now and have been here for some time, US Govt documents, old newspaper articles, interviews with high ranking officials, etc...yeah, there is something going on

Old 11-27-2016, 06:58 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,484,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I would guess that there is very little that can be proven beyond reasonable doubt where, for example, reality is concerned. The Matrix may very well be spot on !!

Unless, of course, you know differently.
I am not sure you understand what reasonable doubt is.

But anyway if you want to challenge your Matrix belief try jumping off a 10 story building and believing you can fly.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Physical distance becomes less and less a problem to an advanced civilization
How can we possibly know that?

Quote:
additionally, we do not actually know they are coming from another planet, if they are extra-dimensional, distance and time the way we think of them would not mean anything.
True. But that is still a big Maybe.

Quote:
There is FAR too much data that shows they are here now and have been here for some time, US Govt documents, old newspaper articles, interviews with high ranking officials, etc...yeah, there is something going on
"Something is going on." Yeah. Okay. I can buy that. Aliens? Extra-dimensional advanced civilizations? Jury is still way, way out. If there is a lot of convincing data on that, I have not seen it.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:35 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,782 times
Quote:
It is possible to believe there is intelligent life out there and to also not believe that intelligent extraterrestrial life is vising earth.

This is what I believe.
That sounds reasonable...even in the book of Genesis there is mention of a GROUP of gods traveling in the deep of space who may have spawned this planet. I really get bugged by such dumbness as UFO experts who fill the American mind with speculations and fantasy.

The problem is that it takes a million years traveling at light speed to get any where...so what is the point...we or they will never break the barrier of fantastic distance...so we may as well be alone...which is not so bad...we have each other....and the best space ship ever devised...EARTH.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
...even in the book of Genesis there is mention of a GROUP of gods traveling in the deep of space who may have spawned this planet.
Where is that in Genesis exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal