Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 10:14 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times

Advertisements

It is strange. I thought some of us were arguing the 'UFOs' were military black project craft and not ET craft? Maybe I misunderstood.

OK, If they are, then the military obviously have developed power generation to supply enough power to unknown engine types which are technologically advanced far beyond the current fighter jets we use. What kind of power would that be? These craft are sometimes small and sometimes HUGE and according to reports they do not make any or much noise. They fly at incredible speeds and appear to wink in and out of existence. I admit, this might be cloaking for example.

However, a HUGE craft will probably need HUGE power supply to generate the method of propulsion and lift necessary to keep it in the air and travel at speeds estimated at thousands of miles per hour.

This is why I suggest the military has a new source of power which is not available to the people. This is why I suggest it would end water shortages because with unlimited power we could recycle and desalinate since most of the barriers to feeding the world probably boil down to power requirements.

I am not suggesting there wont be problems when we have sorted out the water and food for the masses, but they will be different ones and not necessarily technological in nature but perhaps social.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 05:23 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is strange. I thought some of us were arguing the 'UFOs' were military black project craft and not ET craft? Maybe I misunderstood.

OK, If they are, then the military obviously have developed power generation to supply enough power to unknown engine types which are technologically advanced far beyond the current fighter jets we use. What kind of power would that be? These craft are sometimes small and sometimes HUGE and according to reports they do not make any or much noise. They fly at incredible speeds and appear to wink in and out of existence. I admit, this might be cloaking for example.

However, a HUGE craft will probably need HUGE power supply to generate the method of propulsion and lift necessary to keep it in the air and travel at speeds estimated at thousands of miles per hour.

This is why I suggest the military has a new source of power which is not available to the people. This is why I suggest it would end water shortages because with unlimited power we could recycle and desalinate since most of the barriers to feeding the world probably boil down to power requirements.

I am not suggesting there wont be problems when we have sorted out the water and food for the masses, but they will be different ones and not necessarily technological in nature but perhaps social.
It is not obvious that the military has developed power generation to supply enough power to unknown engine types which are technologically advanced far beyond the current fighter jets we use.

While it is true that some of the things done by the world's military powers require huge amounts of power, it does not automatically mean that the technology exists to use that power for other purposes, or that it is even feasible to use it for other purposes. We once thought that the development of nuclear energy would be the cure-all for unlimited low cost energy worldwide. But the past 50 years has shown that the opposite is true. Think: Chernobyl. Three-mile Island, Fukushima and others.

Human observations of UFO's are notoriously inaccurate. Speeds, distance etc are virtually impossible to calculate by human observation. About all we can determine is stopped. slow and fast and that is based upon what we observe in relation to other objects.

The hugest motivation today for producing anything is financial gain. If something exists that will result in a profit, someone will be trying to use it for profit legally or illegally. While governments do have secrets, that does not mean those secrets would solve the world's problems if revealed.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:57 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Quote:
No matter what you believed you still have no right to put words in someone elses mouth.
Quote:
OK, If they are, then the military obviously have developed power generation to supply enough power to unknown engine types which are technologically advanced far beyond the current fighter jets we use.
No, not obviously. In your opinion.
Quote:
What kind of power would that be? These craft are sometimes small and sometimes HUGE and according to reports they do not make any or much noise. They fly at incredible speeds and appear to wink in and out of existence. I admit, this might be cloaking for example.
Just because someone says something does not make it true, even if the person thinks it is true.
Quote:
Maybe.
Quote:
These are huge assumptions to make with little to no supporting evidence.
Quote:
I am not sure that technological and not social now. You make many assumptions and state them as fact.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:54 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It is not obvious that the military has developed power generation to supply enough power to unknown engine types which are technologically advanced far beyond the current fighter jets we use.

While it is true that some of the things done by the world's military powers require huge amounts of power, it does not automatically mean that the technology exists to use that power for other purposes, or that it is even feasible to use it for other purposes. We once thought that the development of nuclear energy would be the cure-all for unlimited low cost energy worldwide. But the past 50 years has shown that the opposite is true. Think: Chernobyl. Three-mile Island, Fukushima and others.

That's a good point. Despite some of our technological advances, some things about our lives are still very antiquated. We are still using coal fired power plants

Unless somebody can make money on it, there's no reason to "share" this tech with the private sector. Maybe these really fast craft screw the pilots up, or eventually kills them. Maybe there isn't a practical military use for them yet because they can't fit in to standard command & control telemetry or work with conventional weapons systems. Maybe the risk of losing one in a crash or some other kind of error is too great because then it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

Like someone said in another thread, the idea of ET coming vast distances and only managing to crash out in the desert or ocean where only the government has a chance to recover the craft is... unlikely. But can it totally be ruled out?

Old 12-01-2016, 06:44 PM

Woodrow LI
Quote:
Yes, it IS obvious. If these unknown engine types exist, then they must be powered by something. It is not possible to power such high-performing engines with current publicly-known tecnology, therefore it is obvious. How do they power these engines then?

If you have developed a power generator for one application, it can normally be scaled to use it for another. Your example of nuclear power is a good one. Now we have nuclear power plants within ships and submarines and even use it to power and heat spacecraft.

Quote:
Human observations of UFO's are notoriously inaccurate. Speeds, distance etc are virtually impossible to calculate by human observation. About all we can determine is stopped. slow and fast and that is based upon what we observe in relation to other objects
And what of the military and civillian radar reports not to mention the military, police, aviation personnel and other people trained in obvservation who report such sightings. There are many officially reported sightings which give a speed estimate far above our fighter jet capability. Your dismissal of these reports is rather disrespectful to the trained personnel and suggests they dont know their job.

Of course, there are sightings from ordinary people who cannot know size, speed, etc, but everyone has seen jets, knows how much noise they make and many people have seen military exercises etc. Generally we know how fast 'normal' things go, but if something goes from a standing start to out-of-sight in a second or two, then it is not likely to be a jet which needs time to get to its top speed.

These UFOs are either something we have developed or they are something non-humans have developed. If they are human developed, then they MUST have some massive power requirements to keep them in the air.

Why are the military not releasing the technology it uses for power generation?

Old 12-02-2016, 06:40 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Quote:
Woodrow LI
Yes, it IS obvious. If these unknown engine types exist, then they must be powered by something.
OK, But this does not mean it is a cheap perpetual power source.
Quote:
It is not possible to power such high-performing engines with current publicly-known tecnology, therefore it is obvious. How do they power these engines then?
It depends on the engines. If they fall in line with our current level of knowledge then they just have to be a percentage more powerful. I fail to see how you can take what Woodrow LI is saying and turning it into cheap unlimited power supplies. The US military is not known to skimp on costs.
Quote:
If you have developed a power generator for one application, it can normally be scaled to use it for another. Your example of nuclear power is a good one. Now we have nuclear power plants within ships and submarines and even use it to power and heat spacecraft.
OK, but this is just a deflection. This does not support that perpetual power generators have been developed.
Quote:
And what of the military and civillian radar reports not to mention the military, police, aviation personnel and other people trained in obvservation who report such sightings. There are many officially reported sightings which give a speed estimate far above our fighter jet capability. Your dismissal of these reports is rather disrespectful to the trained personnel and suggests they dont know their job.
This is a tiring red herring trying to get the person to counter police and military. Police and military personnel are wrong all the time. Just look at trials involving police, they still testify, they still get cross examined and their testimony is still not always accepted. I have been in the US Military (Have you?) and soldiers are wrong all the time.

And this does not even address the issue of police and military personnel who are not trained in what they are reporting. This is a trick to get people to back down. Guess what? I am not backing down.

In my entire time on this board I have seen nothing that to me even closely proves that aliens are visiting this planet.
Quote:
Of course, there are sightings from ordinary people who cannot know size, speed, etc, but everyone has seen jets, knows how much noise they make and many people have seen military exercises etc.
Just because someone has seen a jet does not mean they are an aviation expert. People are often wrong. Here is an interesting article on eyewitness testimony if you have the Freedom to get to it from China:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-eyes-have-it/
Quote:
Generally we know how fast 'normal' things go,
I disagree with this. Also perspective and the imperfect mind come into play which can confuse people as well.
Quote:
but if something goes from a standing start to out-of-sight in a second or two, then it is not likely to be a jet which needs time to get to its top speed.
Ooops, Blanket statement. That is not true at all. There are many, many reasons why something can go from a standing start to out of site in a second or two.

Quote:
These UFOs are either something we have developed or they are something non-humans have developed.
Or people are mistaken or people are not telling the truth or people believe they saw something that was not there or....etc..
Quote:
If they are human developed, then they MUST have some massive power requirements to keep them in the air.
No.
Quote:
Why are the military not releasing the technology it uses for power generation?
This is a huge jump built on a house of speculative cards. Prove that it exists and what it is then we can discuss this.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:39 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
A medieval monk was once asked, "Father, could we baptize a faun or a satyr?"

To which the monk replied, "Show me a faun or a satyr, then we'll talk."

That story kinda reminds me of people arguing over the finer points of UFO propulsion.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:48 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
And the other thing...we only know what we know. Alien races would have different knowledge. So in our experience, the propulsion needed to run such a craft would be huge, but in their knowledge a small dilithium crystal would do it..yes, I'm a Trekkie.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:28 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
And the other thing...we only know what we know. Alien races would have different knowledge. So in our experience, the propulsion needed to run such a craft would be huge, but in their knowledge a small dilithium crystal would do it..yes, I'm a Trekkie.
I am not a "Trekkie," but I think within the same lines.
These are NOT some "military secret inventions" as some are implying here - this is some advanced technology yet unfamiliar to us. I became convinced of that particularly after reading the detailed description of this whole "Dyatlov's pass incident."
I suspect that all this "rapid movement" and change of shape/colors of the UFOs has got something to do with magnetic fields and ability to use it in ways unknown to us.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:50 AM

Erasure, I also do not believe all these unidentified craft are our military, but it was suggested earlier that they might be of our own making.

Quote:
The truth that all the sightings were and are nothing other than secret technology 100% man-made and concealed from the public sphere ? Namely that the "alien" and "UFO" storylines are nothing but disinfo scams of the same elites who control the technology ?
I took that and ran with it to see where it would lead us.

Quote:
While some believe these unidentifieds are ours, others also believe they have not developed power generating methods to supply these sometimes HUGE craft with the energy they obviously need. Not only do they need the power for the engines, but they also need the power for any weapons, on-board living, and other equipment. These craft are sometimes hundreds or thousands of feet across. They block out the sky above the witnesses when the fly over them, the same eye witnesses "who cannot be relied apon".

Quote:
There is no more proof that all UFOs are top secret military than there is that all UFOs are aliens or Atlanteans. The fact remains that until further evidence comes to light, we don't know what they are. I am very skeptical of anyone who claims UFOs are obviously X or Y or Z.
Some of us want to sit on the fence and just say they do not know what they are. Not even willing to make a wild guess. Thats OK, but even scientists have hypotheses that they test.

It was a former head of Lockheed Skunkworks (Ben Rich?) who said "We now have the technology to take ET home". To me and those at that lecture, it probably says we have already reached the stars and beyond. I think that is perfectly possible with all the billions of black budget funds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal