Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 03:08 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,571,179 times

Advertisements

I read them all and was sad to come to the end. Thread ran for years and now last posted Jan 2017. Guess it will keep going beyond 197+ pages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 05:39 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
had many experiences all my life...and also in this house of 25 years..i have a female ghost... and if i talked to her....the activity would amp up 10 fold,,,,and maybe thats just me being more open..but ive learned to tone it down....to leave her be where-ever she is....

i tell her to be my homes guardian dont let or allow any other evil spirits in

somehow she is aware of my past, before living in the house

years ago when we rented a movie that had a witch in it......the lights would flicker we could hear some faint laughing in the basement and my hair would be tusled... and the dog would sit up and stare at different places in the room.... the dog never does this...
in one movie i think cher was in it and jack nicholson....
there was an orb in the room.....i didnt want to acknowledge it...because i always thought ...you are encouraging what you think you WANT to see or believe..
anyways....this orb was going around the fairly dark room...while we are watching and the dog is looking at it....and it comes to me...and settles on my side and i get this overwhelming ticklish feeling mounting in my side/stomach coming up thru my chest.....at first it was almost a funny feeling,,,then my chest got tight and
it startled me and i hollared get out of me!!!! then the pressure was gone,,,we saw the orb go into a wall
and although i was relieved it was gone,,,it seem to leave a trace of sadness/emptiness when it left..

when i would bring different ladies home during my dating years........she did not like a few of them and let it be known..... an orb spun fast right around this lady's head while playing scrabble... freaked her out and she left...

this puzzles me ,,,i believe in an afterlife...i believe in spirits....
but i had thought most spirits were caught in limbo and hadnt gone in the light yet,,,,,just like on the ghost whisperer

yet this one....i dont ge an evil vibe from .. at all
but i also dont encourage it anymore...

i do believe there are many levels of awareness...we are now in the physical....but this is a mere stage we create as a result of our own actions and how we affect others

our souls are old......this life is but a movie that will be played back to see again...at a different angle
we are given and encouraged the creation of good/generosity/benevolence...yet we squander it being the too self centered being the star in our own (life's) movie..
in this life we arent suppose to know there are spirits around......or we would try everyday to interact with them,,,,and in doing so we will compromise the life we are suppose to lead/have and thats not chasing ghosts or spirits

its positive energy my friends....... this is what life is all about..

the abyss is all the cold, negative, twisted, angry, harmful energies...

Old 01-23-2017, 09:30 AM

33,243 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Not exactly a ghost story perhaps, but a true experience. Many years ago my brother and I were visiting our mother in the hospital. As we approached an elevator a man got on just before we did and the door began to close. We got to the elevator and opened the door and got on. When we got off on the next floor I asked my brother if we hadn't seen a man get on the elevator just before we did and he said that he had thought so too.

A man had gotten on that elevator just a moment before we did, but when we got on, he wasn't there. The elevator had not gone anywhere, he just wasn't there. He had vanished.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:26 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Early this morning, still dark, I walked to the kitchen, got something from the refrigerator, and poured a glass of water from the pitcher on the counter. A few moments, seconds later, I heard a thump! bang! from there. Nothing. Nothing looked different. I said to no one in particular, "settle down."

If you don't know how to behave, then don't come to my house.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:15 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,074,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Not exactly a ghost story perhaps, but a true experience. Many years ago my brother and I were visiting our mother in the hospital. As we approached an elevator a man got on just before we did and the door began to close. We got to the elevator and opened the door and got on. When we got off on the next floor I asked my brother if we hadn't seen a man get on the elevator just before we did and he said that he had thought so too.

A man had gotten on that elevator just a moment before we did, but when we got on, he wasn't there. The elevator had not gone anywhere, he just wasn't there. He had vanished.

What???? That would freak me out!!

Old 01-24-2017, 11:06 AM

33,243 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
What???? That would freak me out!!
My reaction was more along the lines of ''Okay, that happened.''

There's an unseen reality that exists outside the range of our human senses. But sometimes we do get a glimpse of it.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:08 AM

12,043 posts, read 8,425,882 times
We live in a house that is about a hundred and thirty years-old. When my son was still sleeping in his crib there was something which would open his closet (yikes, the closet!) door at night.

I'd tuck him in bed, say goodnight and go to sleep. Later in the night he'd call out that his closet door had opened. I'd go in and, sure enough, it would be open. This was before he was big enough to be able to climb out of the crib and get back in in a few seconds.

I asked him if he was afraid and he said he wasn't. So then I asked him, "What do you do when the door opens?" and he said, "I just say, 'Hello, ghost.'"

Old 01-24-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
My reaction was more along the lines of ''Okay, that happened.''

There's an unseen reality that exists outside the range of our human senses. But sometimes we do get a glimpse of it.

Oh yes, I've seen it!!

Old 01-24-2017, 11:15 AM

gerania, ...me too!! And in looking like her too! I love it...

Old 01-24-2017, 03:57 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Oh that nurses link had many many postings. You could spend a couple hours on them and they were all excellent. If anyone finds that one can they repost. It was a link to a nurse web site (I think) and there was a thread about nurses seeing ghosts in hospitals and other paranormal and odd things they experiences. Some was when patients just died or were about to die.

I just found the prior city-date post that has a link to a forum for nurses.

This is a long thread where nurses post about real ghost stories they have experienced. Most are related to patients passing away in the hospital. There are a lot of posts. This thread is excellent. Happy reading

What's Your Best Nursing Ghost Story? | allnurses

Last edited by sware2cod; 01-24-2017 at 04:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal