Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 01:17 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Have you actually read the thread???? I'm comparing my ability to "force a coin through an unopened can" to the ability to mystically "bend a fork." They are both simple misdirection and dialogue.
I would think with today's pop tops you couldn't do the trick anymore...it would have to have been through the old fashioned pull tabs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 01:39 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I would think with today's pop tops you couldn't do the trick anymore...it would have to have been through the old fashioned pull tabs?
Nope, I can do it with any soda can you present to me, and you get to sign the coin.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:59 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Ok, so going back to spoon bending and PK.

There used to be (he's dead now I think) a guy called Jack Houck who ran PK parties where people would learn to bend spoons. He ran them for a number of years supposedly quite successfully too.

There may be a party trick to do this, but are we all saying there is no such thing as PK psychokenesis ?

The Russians have been doing experiments in PK for years and years and probably the CIA/military too. I recently watched the 2009 film The Men Who Stare at Goats which is based on the military Remote Viewing project. We already know that this was a real project, as some of the original people are teaching Remote Viewing to the public now.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:20 AM

997 posts, read 937,599 times
There is such a thing as PK. I talked to someone once who told me how he did something and it was done by manipulating the energy field around the object. The story was consistent with what I know. It sounded right to me.

The spoon bending is something I have a problem with believing. Why bend spoons? Why can only spoons be bent?

Spoons are useful for eating cereal, but they don't need to be bent. How would you apply that skill in other ways? Even if real PK was used to bend the spoons, I still don't see why that would be useful.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:11 PM

745 posts, read 1,285,233 times
All I can tell you is I saw around two dozen very strong and thick antique silverware spoons and forks bent and twisted into crazy shapes by my teenage brother.

I too look back and wondered "what is the point of this?" but decades later I still cannot explain how he did it because we tried, and adults in our family tried, and could not replicate the feat.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:45 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus
35 years ago my brother had a "psychic" friend who taught him to bend silverware. What he did was rub the part of the silverware between his fingers for several minutes, visualizing the atomic structure breaking down, and then in a sudden burst would bend and twist it in multiple loops. I tried but could never do it.
I have tried that ever since I saw it on THE MATRIX but I guess I dont have the mental ability to do it

Old 02-26-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
All I can tell you is I saw around two dozen very strong and thick antique silverware spoons and forks bent and twisted into crazy shapes by my teenage brother...
I won't tell you how it's done, but I promise there's nothing supernatural about it.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
There is such a thing as PK. I talked to someone once who told me how he did something and it was done by manipulating the energy field around the object. The story was consistent with what I know. It sounded right to me...
Nope, there has never been a successful demonstration of "manipulating the energy field" around an object in a controlled situation. Now, if you're talking about using electricity and magnets, that's entirely different.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:42 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
35 years ago my brother had a "psychic" friend who taught him to bend silverware. What he did was rub the part of the silverware between his fingers for several minutes, visualizing the atomic structure breaking down, and then in a sudden burst would bend and twist it in multiple loops. I tried but could never do it.

I am normally skeptical but I saw almost an entire shoe box of family heirloom silverware that was bent into crazy shapes. This was not the new cheap stuff, but very strong and heavy silverware (silver plated if not silver). I'm actually sad now that we wasted it but at the time it was just a shoe box of old silverware that looked dingy (unpolished obviously).

These weren't merely bent but twisted and looped multiple times, including fork tines going both ways.

I watched him do it with my own eyes and he did it front of my uncle, who was a skeptic. My uncle, who was much stronger, took one and rubbed it against his legs furiously but was never even able to come close to bending it the way my brother could.

Believe it or not, my brother is now disabled with a head injury and doesn't remember it.

I didn't see my brother bend every single piece so I was thinking maybe he just brute forced the metal back and forth until it became pliable? I do recall seeing him do it a few times and I remember both my parents and my uncle being dumbstruck.

Has anyone else seen this? Any explanations?
Did you pick it up, to see if it was heavy? Much silver-plated silverware is extremely lightweight, as if it were cheap aluminum underneath the plating. It's not hard to bend the tines in opposite directions. If the silverware were bent into curlicues, that might be more indicative of something unusual, as long as no tool was used.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:45 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Ok, so going back to spoon bending and PK.

There used to be (he's dead now I think) a guy called Jack Houck who ran PK parties where people would learn to bend spoons. He ran them for a number of years supposedly quite successfully too.

There may be a party trick to do this, but are we all saying there is no such thing as PK psychokenesis ?

The Russians have been doing experiments in PK for years and years and probably the CIA/military too. I recently watched the 2009 film The Men Who Stare at Goats which is based on the military Remote Viewing project. We already know that this was a real project, as some of the original people are teaching Remote Viewing to the public now.
Remote viewing is different from bending a precious metal object.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal