Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2018, 02:26 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
That is why we have a complex court system that has checks and balances all the way to the supreme court.
OK, this is a great example. You do not like the result so you accuse them of being corrupt. Not everyone agrees with getting rid of at will employment. What you see as good I, and at least some others, see as bad. If you cannot fire bad employees than it becomes a burden to hire employees at all. It imposes on the FREEDOMS of someone that wishes to start a business and run it the way they wish within the law.
China had a
system called the Iron Rice Bowl which many feel kept it down and workers unproductive as there was no reason to excel at the job or even do it when you would get paid anyway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_rice_bowl

This could be problematic as well. Say you are on the border and on one side the majority is white and on the other they are African American. If you are a bigot you could use that as an excuse to discriminate by race. Why do you hate people not like you?
What you see as a boon I see as a reason to move jobs overseas so that nobody gets jobs. I also see it as the state interfering in the freedoms of some people for the benefit of others. There are countries that have what you want, you could emigrate to one of those?

The will of the people is not always legal, fair or the best long term. Basically what you want is mob rule but the US protects (tries to protect?) minorities for a reason. Mob rule would send this country backwards and make it more clannish. What happens when minorities become the majority where you live and kick out all the judges you like and put in their judges? What happens if their judges start ruling against you and you become the victim? You plans IMHO are extremely short sighted.

To bring it into context someone brings a case against your state saying that there is a Bigfoot and that the state needs to protect citizens from it. A judge rule properly that the case is flawed and throws it out. You believe in Bigfoot so time to go judge shopping! You eventually get an (Honest?) Judge in place that rules that Bigfoot exists and that the people must be protected from it. Does this mean there actually is a bigfoot or does it mean you are willing to manipulate the system to get the results you wish? Does this not make you corrupt and crooked?

To me it does not sound like you are looking for justice, you are looking to be the one the persecutes.
When the legislator passes a law, it then becomes legal, THAT is the issue, that is democarcy which is the case for most states, the republic is the federal govt. State govt can do what ever they want so long as it is not something deligated to the federal govt (which is VERY little). And you are right people that disagree with what the people of a given state want can leave, even over seas if you want.

But if the majority want what I want, why should the majortiy have to leave for the interests of the minority? When a ballot measure or piece of legislation passes that is NOW the law, so the judges are circuventing the law to shield monied interests.

I have suggested emigrating but my wife is 180 deg of my opinion, so long as she is ok with me being unemployed for 6 month - year - year and a half etc and familiy/her etc start paying the bills once the money is gone then I suppose thats fine.

It should be burdensome to hire, employers should be developing relationships with potential cadidates, have them come by the operations get to know them, provide all their certs talk about certs they want them to get so they go out and get it come back etc. Maybe it takes 6 months or a year it would be way more honest than the phony interview process we have now. Employer could say, man its really cool you can do A, B and C but we really need X too, go get X and your on board, after they get to know them and their personality also fits.

If people want to discriminate they will discriminate, nothing is going to stop that, in state hire protects residents from companies farming people in and saturating the labor market once they have a mass lay off and now regular locals cant find a job because all of these transplants that were enticed up on false promises are competitng for jobs in a small market that cant absorb that many seekers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 03:07 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
When the legislator passes a law, it then becomes legal, THAT is the issue, that is democarcy which is the case for most states, the republic is the federal govt. State govt can do what ever they want so long as it is not something deligated to the federal govt (which is VERY little). And you are right people that disagree with what the people of a given state want can leave, even over seas if you want.

But if the majority want what I want, why should the majortiy have to leave for the interests of the minority? When a ballot measure or piece of legislation passes that is NOW the law, so the judges are circuventing the law to shield monied interests.

I have suggested emigrating but my wife is 180 deg of my opinion, so long as she is ok with me being unemployed for 6 month - year - year and a half etc and familiy/her etc start paying the bills once the money is gone then I suppose thats fine.

It should be burdensome to hire, employers should be developing relationships with potential cadidates, have them come by the operations get to know them, provide all their certs talk about certs they want them to get so they go out and get it come back etc. Maybe it takes 6 months or a year it would be way more honest than the phony interview process we have now. Employer could say, man its really cool you can do A, B and C but we really need X too, go get X and your on board, after they get to know them and their personality also fits.

If people want to discriminate they will discriminate, nothing is going to stop that, in state hire protects residents from companies farming people in and saturating the labor market once they have a mass lay off and now regular locals cant find a job because all of these transplants that were enticed up on false promises are competitng for jobs in a small market that cant absorb that many seekers.
You keep saying 'majority' when there is no clear majority on your side: https://nypost.com/2017/12/08/half-o...fe-study-says/. Citing that study only 47% believed in aliens. But more importantly; why don't you ask Americans how many want to pay for your 'research'. It is one thing to believe; it is another thing to open up your wallet. I would bet that you would be hard pressed to find 10% or 20% willing to fund any investigation.

It is one thing to say donate; it is another thing to say we are taking this out of your paycheck. That is where many of us have problems. You still have no tangible proof and you want the world to fund night time parties running through the woods and screaming your heads off! We would rather keep our money in our own pockets.

Last edited by fisheye; 03-10-2018 at 03:39 PM..

Old 03-10-2018, 04:13 PM

220 posts, read 145,581 times
Big Foot, the Loc Ness creature, UFOs - we'll be seeing/hearing less and less of these fun fonies as people realize that, even with virtually everyone packing video capability in their pocket, not to mention the ubiquitous municipal, business and home video cameras, they aren't being captured on these devices because THEY DON'T EXIST!

Old 03-10-2018, 04:21 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You keep saying 'majority' when there is no clear majority on your side: https://nypost.com/2017/12/08/half-o...fe-study-says/. Citing that study only 47% believed in aliens. But more importantly; why don't you ask Americans how many want to pay for your 'research'. It is one thing to believe; it is another thing to open up your wallet. I would bet that you would be hard pressed to find 10% or 20% willing to fund any investigation.

It is one thing to say donate; it is another thing to say we are taking this out of your paycheck. That is where many of us have problems. You still have no tangible proof and you want the world to fund night time parties running through the woods and screaming your heads off! We would rather keep our money in our own pockets.
I am not sure what you are talking about or how it is relavent to what I posted. Forcing employers to be more careful about who they hire because it will be harder to fire/lay off does not cost anyone anything other than employers who make poor choices. Same goes for in state hire only, no one is pulling out their wallet, unless you consider not being able to hire pseudo slave labor as "pulling out your wallet". Sure having slaves to run a buisness would save you a bundle, that does not mean people should tolerate it.

Voting in new taxes is also legal, so long as people understand the consequences (rent goes up, cost of home ownership goes up, etc). There is all kinds of diversity from Maine to Texas to California. Texas screws residents and property owners in favor of corporations where califonia protects individual inventors intellectual property etc.

Corporations are exceptinally greedy so they set up shop some place like Texas, so there are alot of jobs in Texas, but Texas is a s*it hole because companies can pretty much do what ever they want. So you will have a job ..... and thats about it. I know some people that will live as cheap as possible some place like Texas and invest in another non s*it hole state.

I do think the fed govt should maintain economic equality like they did in the 40's and 50's where if a compnay makes more than X in profits and does not reinvest it in the buisness they are taxed at 90% which is used to fund govt programs and federal hiring for the people that said companies laid off in order to hoard vast amounts of wealth, if the boarders were simultaniously closed this would force companies to fall into line, if they left they could never reimport goods OR services. Trying to manage the economy state by state is a loosing propsition because vultures have wings.

Old 03-10-2018, 04:47 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,267,127 times
From the Venerable Moderator — this is the Unsolved Mystery forum. Please stay on topic! You’re steering off the subject of Bigfoot.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 03-10-2018 at 05:10 PM..

Old 03-10-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
From the Venerable Moderator — this is the Unsolved Mystery forum. Please stay on topic! You’re steering off the subject of Bigfoot.
This is exactly what we keep saying. Instead of BF and evidence; we get illuminati, Russians, corrupt judges, conspiracy, cover up, economic equality, taxes, you name it!

I would be happy to hear what 'evidence' this woman has besides one very questionable video.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:20 PM

6,956 posts, read 6,880,495 times
Quote:
I would be happy to hear what 'evidence' this woman has besides one very questionable video
And perhaps you will if you follow the court case on March 19th. However there are those of us who will not believe however much 'evidence' is presented, there is always some doubt. It is a safety issue. As an example, nothing you can say will convince me there is NOT Bigfoot out there. But... I dont think mine is a safety issue.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
And perhaps you will if you follow the court case on March 19th. However there are those of us who will not believe however much 'evidence' is presented, there is always some doubt. It is a safety issue. As an example, nothing you can say will convince me there is NOT Bigfoot out there. But... I dont think mine is a safety issue.
This is where we have our biggest problems with BF. It is the double talk and the fact that many 'believers' will never accept any other explanation. Even when films or sighting are proven to be a hoax many believers are not quick to accept the facts. You have no scientific standards as to what is acceptable and what is not.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:52 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Why is is is a safety issue? How many people have been hurt by Bigfoot?
Quote:
This is where we have our biggest problems with BF. It is the double talk and the fact that many 'believers' will never accept any other explanation. Even when films or sighting are proven to be a hoax many believers are not quick to accept the facts. You have no scientific standards as to what is acceptable and what is not.
LOL, Exactly.

Old 03-11-2018, 11:20 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Well, but there are other studies done, like the one on the Patterson footage, that proved NO HUMAN BEING could possibly walk with that same gait. It was physically impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal