Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 10:30 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Citation please!

It's too bad that you don't have one.
In July 1975, The Washington Star-News report:
Though conceding that his existence is “hotly disputed,” the Army Corps of Engineers has officially recognized Sasquatch, the elusive and supposed legendary creature of the Pacific Northwest mountains. Also known as Big Foot, Sasquatch is described in the just-published “Washington Environmental Atlas” as standing as tall as 12 feet and weighing as much as half a ton, covered with long hair except for face and hands, and having “a distinctive human-like form.” The atlas, which cost $200,000 to put out, offers a map pin pointing all known reports of Sasquatch sightings, and notes that a sample of reputed Sasquatch hair was analyzed by the FBI and found to belong to no known animal.

Pretty darn convenient that particular 'serial 4' went missing, but everything else was available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 03:32 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
In July 1975, The Washington Star-News report:
Though conceding that his existence is “hotly disputed,” the Army Corps of Engineers has officially recognized Sasquatch, the elusive and supposed legendary creature of the Pacific Northwest mountains. Also known as Big Foot, Sasquatch is described in the just-published “Washington Environmental Atlas” as standing as tall as 12 feet and weighing as much as half a ton, covered with long hair except for face and hands, and having “a distinctive human-like form.” The atlas, which cost $200,000 to put out, offers a map pin pointing all known reports of Sasquatch sightings, and notes that a sample of reputed Sasquatch hair was analyzed by the FBI and found to belong to no known animal.

Pretty darn convenient that particular 'serial 4' went missing, but everything else was available.
The only references I've found to this article in the Washington Star-News are on bigfoot/sasquatch sites like this one:

bigfoot and the FBI

That's secondary information, and the Star-News ceased publication in 1981. All of the sites are quoting an article and I'm unable to find the original article on any other site, including the Internet Archive - or to find the Washington Environmental Atlas referenced in the article.

Supposing the article was actually published in the Star-News in 1975 - what was the reporter's source for the information? How do we know someone didn't just make this up, post it on a bigfoot "research" site where it was picked up by other sites in the bigfoot community - it wouldn't be the first time this sort of fakery has happened?

Old 03-19-2018, 07:15 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You don't trust studies but you do trust this unsupportable one.
Because it confirms what he wishes to believe, which I think we can all agree is the hallmark of good science.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
No because I know they exist but I also know what their limitations are. They are pure evil, however, I do think they excersize influance over our national govt and it is part of the reason there is so much suffering in the USA and the world.
So people would lose it, but not you? Are you saying you are not a people? Or are you just saying you are better and superior to other people?

Old 03-19-2018, 04:50 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
So people would lose it, but not you? Are you saying you are not a people? Or are you just saying you are better and superior to other people?
It is because I have already undergone the freak out period, realize what they are and how they are allowed to operate. However, if everyone were to have that realization at the same time and all freak out at the same time (due to some govt broadcast or whatever) it could be a really bad deal, especially considering different people respond differently.

A lot of people don't have any hope in Jesus so it would just be really scary for a lot of people. Maybe it would be a wake up call for people, but of course the govt is not going to tell you what they are only that they exist.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:50 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
OK we have talked about this for 145 post before this one and today was the day for the hearing; what happened? I cannot find out any information; maybe it was postponed or she never showed up? Maybe BF promised her he would make a surprise appearance in court?

If anybody has any news on this please let us know.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:19 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
OK we have talked about this for 145 post before this one and today was the day for the hearing; what happened? I cannot find out any information; maybe it was postponed or she never showed up? Maybe BF promised her he would make a surprise appearance in court?
Council, you may call your first witness.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:33 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Council, you may call your first witness.
They will try anything to win the case! I do hope we hear how that turned out for the enthusiast?

Old 03-20-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
It is because I have already undergone the freak out period, realize what they are and how they are allowed to operate. However, if everyone were to have that realization at the same time and all freak out at the same time (due to some govt broadcast or whatever) it could be a really bad deal, especially considering different people respond differently.

A lot of people don't have any hope in Jesus so it would just be really scary for a lot of people. Maybe it would be a wake up call for people, but of course the govt is not going to tell you what they are only that they exist.
So you have proclaimed yourself better and more aware than everyone else. That must be very comforting for you.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:53 AM

I am not sure if this has been posted but this article has the entire lawsuit:

https://gizmodo.com/the-bigfoot-laws...s-s-1823082037

And this excerpt:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal