Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2021, 09:25 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Let me guess...it came back as partially or fully human, but with a mutation?
You don't have to guess. It will come back however the script for this fake "reality" show wants it to come back as to get more viewers. Seriously ALL THESE REALITY SHOWS ARE 100% SCRIPTED AND FAKE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 09:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
You don't have to guess. It will come back however the script for this fake "reality" show wants it to come back as to get more viewers. Seriously ALL THESE REALITY SHOWS ARE 100% SCRIPTED AND FAKE.
While I do agree with that 100%...DNA testing can be verified and confirmed by the lab who did it. (as long as it was a REAL testing lab, and not a fictional one),but that in itself is easy to check.

Old 03-19-2021, 07:55 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Obviously none of you want to read the transcript or watch the interview. It says what they found and it was not only human DNA. They are up to episode 11 and the last one of the series next week.

The scripts might be scripted but I doubt the DNA is faked since apparently according to some of you, we dont have fake DNA other than cryptids which are so far unknown species.
The DNA testing was done at a UCLA lab apparently, so they probably know what they are doing.

Old 03-19-2021, 08:06 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Obviously none of you want to read the transcript or watch the interview. It says what they found and it was not only human DNA. They are up to episode 11 and the last one of the series next week.

The scripts might be scripted but I doubt the DNA is faked since apparently according to some of you, we dont have fake DNA other than cryptids which are so far unknown species.
The DNA testing was done at a UCLA lab apparently, so they probably know what they are doing.
I don't know so I am asking. So you think this make believe TV show actually did testing at a real lab and if so is there any proof?

Old 03-20-2021, 01:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I don't know so I am asking. So you think this make believe TV show actually did testing at a real lab and if so is there any proof?
I dont know about this show...but back when I was married, we were watching a 'finding UFO proof' kind of show, one of their stories a guy had claimed to shoot at a UFO over his driveway and a piece fell off of it...the show actually aired the name of the lab where they had it tested, (when they showed the results paper they got back, (the labs name and logo were clearly visible)...I looked it up and the lab was indeed real...

I also contacted the lab and inquired about the piece/testing...the lab did confirm they analyzed a piece for 'a particular network', an even gave me the contact name they had, (at the network)...I emailed this guy, and he replied, we messaged back and forth a few times, he was explaining how these shows go about testing material at labs, its actually pretty interesting, at no time, did anyone try to hide anything or keep something secret, everyone was very open and honest when I talked to them...(and I was just some unknown person who had seen the show, I was no one important, and they didnt know me from Adam). LOL

Old 03-20-2021, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont know about this show...but back when I was married, we were watching a 'finding UFO proof' kind of show, one of their stories a guy had claimed to shoot at a UFO over his driveway and a piece fell off of it...the show actually aired the name of the lab where they had it tested, (when they showed the results paper they got back, (the labs name and logo were clearly visible)...I looked it up and the lab was indeed real...

I also contacted the lab and inquired about the piece/testing...the lab did confirm they analyzed a piece for 'a particular network', an even gave me the contact name they had, (at the network)...I emailed this guy, and he replied, we messaged back and forth a few times, he was explaining how these shows go about testing material at labs, its actually pretty interesting, at no time, did anyone try to hide anything or keep something secret, everyone was very open and honest when I talked to them...(and I was just some unknown person who had seen the show, I was no one important, and they didnt know me from Adam). LOL
I guess the sample was not anything 'interesting' otherwise we would not be in this position wrt UFOs.

Sam, as I said, if you had read the article/transcript, she said they sent it to UCLA lab to be tested.The results are in the final episode next week (episode 12). I can only guess that you think UCLA lab is a reputable one, do you?

Of course, we have not got the results yet, so it remains to be seen if this episode will air next week or not. I also guess thats why she has kind-of let the cat out of the bag in this interview.

Old 03-24-2021, 05:40 PM
KCZ

4,662 posts, read 3,658,309 times
I tend to believe that Mireya Mayor is telling the truth. She's a well-credentialed, well-respected scientist, and she's got too much to lose by lying for a reality show.

Old 03-25-2021, 03:57 AM

So, the Season Finale is Episode 13 'cos Ep 12 has just been shown. In 12, they were pulled out due to a forest fire. That was a real shame because they had just found some footprints which, when the cast was sent to Jeff Meldrum, he thought were genuine.

Old 03-28-2021, 05:03 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So, the Season Finale is Episode 13 'cos Ep 12 has just been shown. In 12, they were pulled out due to a forest fire. That was a real shame because they had just found some footprints which, when the cast was sent to Jeff Meldrum, he thought were genuine.
And yet nothing about the hair samples Russ found. I do think the EDNA results from the tree structure were interesting.

Old 03-28-2021, 05:26 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I tend to believe that Mireya Mayor is telling the truth. She's a well-credentialed, well-respected scientist, and she's got too much to lose by lying for a reality show.
I found this interview with her: https://comicbook.com/horror/news/ex...season-finale/.

I would like to post a few quotes from that interview:

"There is to date, no concrete evidence that Bigfoot exists."

Later she states:

"The latest eDNA finding was extremely surprising, and most certainly intriguing. But I wouldn’t say it is evidence supporting the existence of Bigfoot."

She goes on:

"There are many findings (e.g., footprints, tree structures, nests) that may be possible pieces to the puzzle that is Bigfoot. None of them, thus far, are enough to be considered evidence because we don’t know what made them."

So I guess you can claim that she is respected and telling the truth or you could simply say that she is being 'used' by the show and that they will edit (snip) only what they want you to hear.

Last edited by fisheye; 03-28-2021 at 06:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal