Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 01:06 PM

4,196 posts, read 5,107,083 times

Advertisements

We have yet to see the CCP release the genomic data on all the coronaviruses they were studying at these labs in Wuhan.

Why would they not do this?

It's the first thing you would do to quash any rumor that it was a lab leak. It doesn't make any sense to act this way if they were confident that it was not a lab leak.

To me, combining the statistical improbability of it originating in that particular wet market, with the CCP's behavior, adds up to pretty overwhelming evidence for the lab leak theory. The smoking gun would be if we got records going back to before November from the Wuhan Labs that showed an exact or near-exact match with SARS-COV-2. I would not be surprised if those records did exist, but have probably long since been destroyed. Still, there are researchers who worked there who would know the truth, though it's probably very bad for their health to talk openly about it.

I'll end with this: CCP leadership covering up the real origin of the virus, if that is what is occurring, is so egregious and horrible an act against humanity, on so many levels, we can hardly bring ourselves to see it as real even though a dispassionate examination of the evidence points us towards that. The whole situation reminds of the Nazi propaganda idea of "The Big Lie"... that is, a lie so colossal and horrible that no one would believe that someone could be that evil, to distort the truth so infamously. But sadly, men that evil DO exist, as history shows repeatedly.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:07 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,669,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
That's great! Most of the Walgreens in NYC are being taken over by Rite Aid. I hope the price break eventually gets to us here. Perhaps it was just a matter of waiting for supply to catch up with demand. Just 2 days ago I saw them displayed by the register at my local Rite Aid, and the price made me sick.

Even though your internet prices are better - still not great considering a year ago I could get a box of Curad Medical grade masks for $7.00 for 50 instore - many people still cant afford computers and internet access in their homes. They wont be getting an online price break. They are probably the people that need that break the most.
The Walgreens price was in store. There were other brands on the same shelf that were a bit higher in price. We don't need them as we have a good 3-ply supply at home.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:22 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,103,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Interesting. Walgreens bought Rite Aid.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rite_Aid
Yes, Walgreens is on its way to having a 'big box' pharmaceutical monopoly, at least in NYC. We have been waiting for the prices in Rite Aid to come down, but instead, we are seeing Walgreen's close.

I've been going to my Rite Aid since it was a Thrift-D store with a small Rite Aid pharmacy attached in the early 1980s. Before that, it had been a C-Town Supermarket. Then they moved the pharmacy inside the Rite Aid and dropped the Thrift-D. It was all just one big Rite Aid.

A few blocks down Kings Highway was a Walgreens, but it has closed since they bought Rite Aid. A few blocks up on 86th Street, the Walgreens closed, then moved into the Rite Aid across the street. It is now Walgreens, lol. A few blocks west is a CVS. The Rite Aid on Bay Parkway is now a CVS.

I have a feeling instead of seeing prices come down, we will watch them all rise to Rite Aids benchmark. What do you think?

Old 07-03-2020, 04:06 PM

15,654 posts, read 26,378,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Yes, Walgreens is on its way to having a 'big box' pharmaceutical monopoly, at least in NYC. We have been waiting for the prices in Rite Aid to come down, but instead, we are seeing Walgreen's close.

I've been going to my Rite Aid since it was a Thrift-D store with a small Rite Aid pharmacy attached in the early 1980s. Before that, it had been a C-Town Supermarket. Then they moved the pharmacy inside the Rite Aid and dropped the Thrift-D. It was all just one big Rite Aid.

A few blocks down Kings Highway was a Walgreens, but it has closed since they bought Rite Aid. A few blocks up on 86th Street, the Walgreens closed, then moved into the Rite Aid across the street. It is now Walgreens, lol. A few blocks west is a CVS. The Rite Aid on Bay Parkway is now a CVS.

I have a feeling instead of seeing prices come down, we will watch them all rise to Rite Aids benchmark. What do you think?
I find it amazing there are so many drugstores. I rarely go in them. I am prescribed to take a couple of vitamins by my doctor, I get them from Costco. The prices are far better.

The things that I would go to the pharmacy for, I find them very lacking, and it’s just easier to buy things online. For some reason stores are no longer carrying highlighting kits around here. They haven’t for a few years. Hundreds of kinds of hair dye, yes but not a highlighting kit, so online I go.

but price is going up instead of down? Of course, that makes total sense to me. If they think they can get away with it, why wouldn’t they.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:10 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,283,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
We have yet to see the CCP release the genomic data on all the coronaviruses they were studying at these labs in Wuhan.

It's the first thing you would do to quash any rumor that it was a lab leak. It doesn't make any sense to act this way if they were confident that it was not a lab leak.

To me, combining the statistical improbability of it originating in that particular wet market, with the CCP's behavior, adds up to pretty overwhelming evidence for the lab leak theory. The smoking gun would be if we got records going back to before November from the Wuhan Labs that showed an exact or near-exact match with SARS-COV-2. I would not be surprised if those records did exist, but have probably long since been destroyed. Still, there are researchers who worked there who would know the truth, though it's probably very bad for their health to talk openly about it.

I'll end with this: CCP leadership covering up the real origin of the virus, if that is what is occurring, is so egregious and horrible an act against humanity, on so many levels, we can hardly bring ourselves to see it as real even though a dispassionate examination of the evidence points us towards that. The whole situation reminds of the Nazi propaganda idea of "The Big Lie"... that is, a lie so colossal and horrible that no one would believe that someone could be that evil, to distort the truth so infamously. But sadly, men that evil DO exist, as history shows repeatedly.
The population of China is around 1.38 billion. That is approximately four times more than the US. Viruses, bacteria, molds and yeast are constantly evolving and mutating. The more 'raw material' they have to experiment with; the greater the odds they will produce a new successful mutation.

Of course humans are experimenting. But nature does a great job on her own without any help. As our population swells it might be a 'natural' population control?

Old 07-03-2020, 05:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,169,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post

It may have been an accident or intentional to create demand for a vaccine but it most definitely came from the Wuhan lab. The WHO was entangled with the CCP & the CDC is ensnared by the WHO. Their idea of public health is defined by vaccines. COVID was a Pandora's Box.

The irony that the same people who defend COVID as 'natural' or 'zoonotic' are the first to defend vaccines should only be escaping the most naive of us. Apparently there are a lot of very naive people.

Old 07-03-2020, 06:00 PM

37,359 posts, read 41,600,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It may have been an accident or intentional to create demand for a vaccine but it most definitely came from the Wuhan lab. The WHO was entangled with the CCP & the CDC is ensnared by the WHO. Their idea of public health is defined by vaccines. COVID was a Pandora's Box.

The irony that the same people who defend COVID as 'natural' or 'zoonotic' are the first to defend vaccines should only be escaping the most naive of us. Apparently there are a lot of very naive people.
The people who are saying there is no evidence that the virus came from a lab are virologists.

Occam's razor: the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. It is actually easier for Mother Nature to make a new virus than for humans to do it in a lab.

Do you think that SARS-1 and MERS were also man made?

There would be no need to create a new virus in the lab in order to work on a vaccine. There were already a large number of coronaviruses to work with.

Old 07-03-2020, 06:16 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,283,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

So far the news about a good vaccine, to fight this epidemic, is not that great. The key here is that it has to be Safe and Effective. I have seen news articles about the Moderna company saying the vaccine would not stop the infection; but will let those infected have a less severe illness from the infection. I am still waiting to hear that some pharmaceutical company has a vaccine that will prevent the infection.

Considering that there are companies around the world looking for a 'cure' or safe and effective vaccine; it sounds as if that vaccine (magic bullet) might be very elusive.

Old 07-03-2020, 06:20 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,462,727 times
If there is a vaccine in the future, I'm going to get it.

Old 07-03-2020, 06:50 PM

26,326 posts, read 49,307,850 times
I'm not suspicious about this virus; they happen in nature all the time. Science will eventually give us much more info than we have now as far as the origin(s), spread and cure/vaccine. In the meantime I will not be sucked under by the whirlpool of ridiculous conspiracy theories, like the one about the Event 201 planning conference.

Event 201 was just a typical exercise like the war-games we used to do when I worked for the Army. There were various conferences every year as they played various scenarios to figure out how to respond, be it a Soviet invasion of western Europe, general war in Asia or the Middle East or major national disaster. We did what-if drills and we practiced shipping troops and equipment to war game locations. This is all part and parcel of planning.

The Pentagon has the DUTY to consider threats to national security and plan how we would respond. These threat assessments are done for such events as pandemics, biological and chemical attacks as well as the more common military and economic threats. Pandemics are a recognized threat and we had a plan on the shelf, and people on-staff, for just such an event. Trump fired those people and disregarded OUR own plan.

FEMA does the same thing as they perform what-if scenarios around how a major hurricane or flood or volcanic eruption or earthquake will affect a certain region. The outcomes of these "war games" is to see what they need, how much they need it, where they need it, and then go and put the stuff into storage.

I'm afraid that some people see a conspiracy behind every shrub which sets their minds running wild and no matter how much common sense we try to pass on to them they just reject it and keep on panicking.

If there's a conspiracy here it's an accidental one, a conspiracy of dunces in the Trump White House.

There is no conspiracy to inflict a deadly virus on the world, or any part of it. Period.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-03-2020 at 07:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal