Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 04:58 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
What interesting, many of the witnesses to Bigfoot and Dogman, the ones that are hunter, hikers, and those that have spent alot of time outdoors, Ive heard quite a few of them say, they have been out in the woods since they were a child and NEVER once saw any of these things...but the one time it happens, it blows them away, they cannot believe what they are looking at, many of them will make the comment, that they thought they knew everything that was out there before seeing one.
Only about 30% of the population believes in Big Foot. As far as Dogman I would bet the number is considerably lower. You will also find that many of the people that enjoy the outdoors have never experienced any sightings and do not believe.

Skeptics can be insulted and accused of not excepting another person's word; but only evidence will change our minds. You talked about going out looking when the weather turned better; go find that evidence and convince us of your beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 07:33 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
It’s not insulting to ask for proof. Without a shred of proof all these are all tall tales. Fiction.

All you need to do is read shopping experiences on Reddit to get the impression that every single shopping experience involves somebody mistaking somebody for someone who works there and that person end up getting assaulted.

I’ve shopped a lot in my life, I have never seen that. I was a sales clerk for five years and was never treated that way. I, in fact, have been mistaken for somebody who worked somewhere, and was not treated that way.

Do I think these people are lying to write funny stories to get on Reddit? Yes. Yes, I do. And you can tell when halfway through the story details begin to change, because they’ve lost the thread of what they’re writing. And I can catch that pretty easily because I have a friend who is a writer, a published writer, who I read her stuff as a beta reader. I catch those errors like crazy.
What do you think about all the Native American tribes and what they say about these Bigfoot? If anyone knows the history of this land...its them!!

Old 04-29-2020, 08:19 PM

1,417 posts, read 735,151 times
Quote:
What do you think about all the Native American tribes and what they say about these Bigfoot? If anyone knows the history of this land...its them!!
History of this land? No, not at all. My Masters in Anthropology (cultural) was on Native American culture. Native Americans have/had a rich culture of oral traditions, but they are not history, not even close. There are many tales of how the earth and heavens were formed, many on how the difference in tribes came to be, tales of spirit animals, the equivalent of lycanthropy only involving every creature you can imagine, thunderbirds etc, etc. BigFoot is just one of many fabled creatures.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:42 PM

6,956 posts, read 6,880,495 times
But...history as we are taught at school is politically and culturally biased as can be seen by the different "history" taught in other countries. Why do you think that is? It is because, as they say, "History is written by the winners" and wars often contain very ugly human behaviour. Governments do not want it to be documented by history books. Japan/China as an example.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
History of this land? No, not at all. My Masters in Anthropology (cultural) was on Native American culture. Native Americans have/had a rich culture of oral traditions, but they are not history, not even close. There are many tales of how the earth and heavens were formed, many on how the difference in tribes came to be, tales of spirit animals, the equivalent of lycanthropy only involving every creature you can imagine, thunderbirds etc, etc. BigFoot is just one of many fabled creatures.
I thought they claimed Bigfoot was just another tribe of forest dwelling creatures? I didnt think they looked at them as being spiritual or magical in any sense of the word...?

I have done some reading on the 'Skinwalkers' (Yen al dooshi), from all accounts, many NA believe these are very real and they go out of their way to avoid attracting one.

Old 04-30-2020, 12:16 AM

Quote:
You always have a "But"; but even our Native Americans have no proof or proof they are willing to share. So we go full circle one more time.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You always have a "But"; but even our Native Americans have no proof or proof they are willing to share. So we go full circle one more time.
What can I say...I truly believe both of these things exist.

Its the number of witnesses, spread across the entire country/planet, some very credible people who have no reason to make up such a thing (and know what a bear looks like).

Ya know, I might re consider my stance on these things...if there were just as many (and just as widespread) reports of people seeing 'unicorns' or trolls, etc! but there are NOT. There are wild horses in some areas...why are there not 10s of 1000s of people 'mis indentifying', or just flat out making up sightings of unicorns, (for attention)? Ive also mentioned this in relation to 'vampires'...if you look at the 1000s of Dogman/werewolf sightings...so if we take that meaning, since 'werewolves' are popular in movies and mythology, vampires are EQUALLY, if not more popular in movies and culture...so where are the 1000s of MADE UP encounters with real vampires? (If people are going to fabricate werewolf sightings, I doubt they would have any problem fabricating vampire sightings too...right?

Old 04-30-2020, 01:21 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,000,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Bill709 says it better than me....
It's Bill790, but I appreciate the shout out, V.

--

Old 04-30-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
What can I say...I truly believe both of these things exist.

Its the number of witnesses, spread across the entire country/planet, some very credible people who have no reason to make up such a thing (and know what a bear looks like).

Ya know, I might re consider my stance on these things...if there were just as many (and just as widespread) reports of people seeing 'unicorns' or trolls, etc! but there are NOT. There are wild horses in some areas...why are there not 10s of 1000s of people 'mis indentifying', or just flat out making up sightings of unicorns, (for attention)? Ive also mentioned this in relation to 'vampires'...if you look at the 1000s of Dogman/werewolf sightings...so if we take that meaning, since 'werewolves' are popular in movies and mythology, vampires are EQUALLY, if not more popular in movies and culture...so where are the 1000s of MADE UP encounters with real vampires? (If people are going to fabricate werewolf sightings, I doubt they would have any problem fabricating vampire sightings too...right?
You are lumping all sightings together. You take elkotronics' sighting where all he saw as a tree moving and he heard a unfamiliar sound. That isn't a 'sighting'. There are some reported sightings where they leave an out; like 'it could have been a bear'. You would be lucky if 5% of the sightings fell into the category of not able to be explained. Then you mix up the folklore of our American Indians with the whole mess.

To me the reason there are more reported Big Foot/Dogman sightings than vampire sightings is because bears are real and Ghillie suits are real - plus we have some large humans.

You talk about the numbers but there are far more people that have never witnessed one of these creatures. Many of them are true outdoors people that make credible witnesses and they have never seen anything like what you are describing.

If every one of the reports was true and we had that many of these creatures out there; one would have been hit by a car crossing our busy roads. That has not happened and that is what you cannot explain.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You are lumping all sightings together. You take elkotronics' sighting where all he saw as a tree moving and he heard a unfamiliar sound. That isn't a 'sighting'. There are some reported sightings where they leave an out; like 'it could have been a bear'. You would be lucky if 5% of the sightings fell into the category of not able to be explained. Then you mix up the folklore of our American Indians with the whole mess.

To me the reason there are more reported Big Foot/Dogman sightings than vampire sightings is because bears are real and Ghillie suits are real - plus we have some large humans.

You talk about the numbers but there are far more people that have never witnessed one of these creatures. Many of them are true outdoors people that make credible witnesses and they have never seen anything like what you are describing.

If every one of the reports was true and we had that many of these creatures out there; one would have been hit by a car crossing our busy roads. That has not happened and that is what you cannot explain.
When I say 'sightings', Im referring to the documented reports that have been filed by witnesses ( I was not referring to Elkotronics or any CD members experiences).

I would agree, there are numerous sightings, where it could have been a bear...even if 2% of reports, coming from people WHO KNOW BEARS and know what they look and act like...that still leaves quite a few unexplained...heck, even if just ONE single report is accurate...there is a human like creature out there that is unknown.

I read thru Bigfoot and Dogman sightings fairly regularly, I have it set up so they email new ones when they are submitted, Some of the common things I see mentioned are.."Ive been a hunter, hiker, camper, etc all my life and Ive never seen one before this"...." I know what bears look like when they walk bipedal, this was no bear"...."It had LONG muscular arms, that hung down to its knees, it swung its arms as it walked or ran"...."It had a muscular wide chest and a slender waist"...."It had a human like face"...."It had a long bushy tail"

Do bears have long bushy tails, slender waists, or muscular arms that hang down their knees, Do bears have a human like face?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal