Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 11:39 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
When I say 'sightings', Im referring to the documented reports that have been filed by witnesses ( I was not referring to Elkotronics or any CD members experiences).

I would agree, there are numerous sightings, where it could have been a bear...even if 2% of reports, coming from people WHO KNOW BEARS and know what they look and act like...that still leaves quite a few unexplained...heck, even if just ONE single report is accurate...there is a human like creature out there that is unknown.

I read thru Bigfoot and Dogman sightings fairly regularly, I have it set up so they email new ones when they are submitted, Some of the common things I see mentioned are.."Ive been a hunter, hiker, camper, etc all my life and Ive never seen one before this"...." I know what bears look like when they walk bipedal, this was no bear"...."It had LONG muscular arms, that hung down to its knees, it swung its arms as it walked or ran"...."It had a muscular wide chest and a slender waist"...."It had a human like face"...."It had a long bushy tail"

Do bears have long bushy tails, slender waists, or muscular arms that hang down their knees, Do bears have a human like face?
If this animal exist; where are the bodies? Bears can and do get the mange and most animals look entirely different when they lose their hair. We have proof and plenty of great pictures that bears do exist. All you are giving us are stories. Some are not even first hand reports. You talk to a woman you dated and she tells you what her father said. This is not scientific. None of it is.

Before the mountain lion was struck by a car in Connecticut me and my late wife were in the same predicament; we had nothing to say our sighting actually happened - even though I tried to get the 'experts' to come out at the time it happened. You don't have one dead carcass anyplace on this planet!

For all the 'experts' you talk about there are more that have never seen any of these creatures. Does that mean they are all wrong? There is only one way to prove who is right and it isn't telling more fairy tails!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 02:28 AM

6,957 posts, read 6,882,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
For all the 'experts' you talk about there are more that have never seen any of these creatures. Does that mean they are all wrong? There is only one way to prove who is right and it isn't telling more fairy tails!
...and you so, so, so want to be right.

Old 05-01-2020, 02:56 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
...and you so, so, so want to be right.
You get me all wrong; I want to be proven wrong! I just don't want to be told I am wrong!

Old 05-01-2020, 08:47 AM

1,417 posts, read 735,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I thought they claimed Bigfoot was just another tribe of forest dwelling creatures? I didnt think they looked at them as being spiritual or magical in any sense of the word...?

So given the preponderance of native Americana tribes penchant for keeping talismans of animals don't you think we would have an actual artifact if Bigfoot was physical and existed in other than people's minds? If Bigfoot exists do you not think that native Americans would at one time or another tracked Bigfoot and subsequently found a body and then kept the skull or teeth and passed them down as they did deer antler, hooves, bear claws, cougar paws, beaver tails, scalps, etc, etc? The majority of native Americans engaged in some for of trading, even the most violent ones. Bigfoot bones would have been highly valued and therefore preserved.

Old 05-01-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofAndrewJackson
So given the preponderance of native Americana tribes penchant for keeping talismans of animals don't you think we would have an actual artifact if Bigfoot was physical and existed in other than people's minds? If Bigfoot exists do you not think that native Americans would at one time or another tracked Bigfoot and subsequently found a body and then kept the skull or teeth and passed them down as they did deer antler, hooves, bear claws, cougar paws, beaver tails, scalps, etc, etc? The majority of native Americans engaged in some for of trading, even the most violent ones. Bigfoot bones would have been highly valued and therefore preserved.
No, I think the difference is that Native Americans think of Bigfoot as a person NOT an animal.

Thats the difference as, from what I know, you do not see them keeping their own, human, parts through the ages (maybe scalps?). Bigfoot are perhaps honoured and I suspect that if they found a Bigfoot, they would probably bury it with honour. I do not think you can use that as an argument for not having a piece of Bigfoot in the Native American community.

We just dont know what customs and practices Bigfoot has and we dont know just HOW human he is. We can speculate on all that but until we find some way to get scientists involved, I dont think we will really find out much more. There are people who claim to be interacting with their family groups but at the moment it is all hearsay and unproven.

From what I have heard their means of communication is more than neandethal grunts but is supposed to be a language which sounds rather like Japanese. This would suggest they have voiceboxes and can form words like humans rather than just screams like apes. That in itself would be interesting as it would mean they are closer to humans than to apes.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:43 PM

15,640 posts, read 26,270,321 times
By the way NOT A BIGFOOT THREAD!!!

Compare/contrast, yes... it keep it on track please.

Old 05-01-2020, 11:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
No, I think the difference is that Native Americans think of Bigfoot as a person NOT an animal.

Thats the difference as, from what I know, you do not see them keeping their own, human, parts through the ages (maybe scalps?). Bigfoot are perhaps honoured and I suspect that if they found a Bigfoot, they would probably bury it with honour. I do not think you can use that as an argument for not having a piece of Bigfoot in the Native American community.

We just dont know what customs and practices Bigfoot has and we dont know just HOW human he is. We can speculate on all that but until we find some way to get scientists involved, I dont think we will really find out much more. There are people who claim to be interacting with their family groups but at the moment it is all hearsay and unproven.

From what I have heard their means of communication is more than neandethal grunts but is supposed to be a language which sounds rather like Japanese. This would suggest they have voiceboxes and can form words like humans rather than just screams like apes. That in itself would be interesting as it would mean they are closer to humans than to apes.
Maybe we should start a new Bigfoot thread? I forgot this thread was actually on Nessie! LOL

Old 05-02-2020, 09:42 PM

Nah, Nessie is not dead. That scientist in new Zealand was just after some publicity and funding.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:57 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,000,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

Thanks Tallysmom! Other Mods would have just deleted the offending posts!

--

Old 05-08-2020, 09:28 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal