Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 08:35 AM

135 posts, read 85,313 times

Advertisements

I rarely have bad nightmare dreams. But this dream was a bad one. I remember my physical body reaching my hand out and my other self outside of my body actually reached his hand out and pulled me up out of the dream. When my “other self” pulled up I actually pulled my body up out of bed where it made me sit up.

It’s really hard to explain but I’m telling you I physically pulled my own self out of my dream.

Anybody had this happen?

I also have dreams that I’ll see the exact same thing happened the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 11:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
If I am understanding this correctly, Ive done the same before.

Ive had some dreams that were very bad, so bad that I wanted to wake up right away, but the way it has happened with me, I jerk my head back, to wake myself up.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:24 PM

135 posts, read 85,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If I am understanding this correctly, Ive done the same before.

Ive had some dreams that were very bad, so bad that I wanted to wake up right away, but the way it has happened with me, I jerk my head back, to wake myself up.
I literally saw myself reaching my hand out to my body in the bed. I grabbed the hand and it pulled me up to where I was sitting up in the bed. I swear it pulled me up and out of the dream lol.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:38 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quoting2400 View Post
I literally saw myself reaching my hand out to my body in the bed. I grabbed the hand and it pulled me up to where I was sitting up in the bed. I swear it pulled me up and out of the dream lol.
Oh, Mine were nothing like that!

Old 06-23-2020, 12:21 PM

1,161 posts, read 466,121 times
Yes, I've had several occasions where I've been able to say, "OK, enough. This is a dream, and I'm leaving it NOW." Not a hand reaching out, but merely an awareness that "This is a dream, and I can end it."

I do believe dreams are one of the HUGE, unrecognized clues to the nature of reality.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:18 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Sounds like a pretty cool way to exit a nightmare!

Never had that happen. But I've had things in the dream wake me right up ~ like someone touching my arm in a dream and actually feeling it, someone calling my name over and over, a dream doorbell ring. Random stuff like that..

I had a false awakening once. That was probably the most terrifying dream I've had in my life. And then waking up in that dark room, again, the second time like....

Old 06-24-2020, 06:58 AM

1,485 posts, read 953,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quoting2400 View Post
I rarely have bad nightmare dreams. But this dream was a bad one. I remember my physical body reaching my hand out and my other self outside of my body actually reached his hand out and pulled me up out of the dream. When my “other self” pulled up I actually pulled my body up out of bed where it made me sit up.

It’s really hard to explain but I’m telling you I physically pulled my own self out of my dream.

Anybody had this happen?

I also have dreams that I’ll see the exact same thing happened the next day.
One time I was sleeping and I felt like my brain woke up but my body wouldn't so it felt like I was thrashing around inside until my physical body woke up. It was weird and disturbing.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:26 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,313,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
One time I was sleeping and I felt like my brain woke up but my body wouldn't so it felt like I was thrashing around inside until my physical body woke up. It was weird and disturbing.
Sleep paralysis maybe?

Old 06-24-2020, 08:40 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Quote:
That's exactly what I was talking about with the "false awakening" I had....Physically struggling, as if something was inside my body almost...

I woke up (in the dream) in a pitch dark room, got up out of the bed, the light switch would not turn on. Still struggling, made it into the hall bathroom. Again, no lights working. I was dying of thirst, so I was trying to splash water to drink, somehow. This was physically painful.

Then I woke up (for real). In the dark room....

This wasn't even my house, so it's odd in the dream for every detail of the room, hallway, bathroom was exactly how it looked it in real life.

I don't think my experience was sleep paralysis, (?) considering I got up out out of bed and kept trying to turn on lights and even made it into the bathroom, turned on the faucet etc....I was up and moving around.

(I don't really know what you what call this, tbh. )

Old 06-24-2020, 12:25 PM

903 posts, read 582,947 times
Quote:

Unfortunately, this happens quite often to me.

cd :O)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal