Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 03:16 PM

10,908 posts, read 7,402,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Wow! That's crazy to read. I saw a picture years ago of what they called a "Menehune Cave" in Kauai. I don't know if it was in fact a lava tube but it didn't look natural. It literally looked like a tiny cave that someone carved out. You can see a picture here on this article.

The Mysteries Of The Menehune Ditch

There are pictures of other similar tiny caves too on the island here.

Kauai’s Menehune Mysteries

That's interesting though that your husband saw that cave underwater. So I'm assuming it had air pockets? Because how could candles be lit? And it makes me think about the other islands and if there are more.
He swam through the opening and up into a dry part of the cave. The lava tubes can run for miles, generally slanting up toward the summit and down toward the water; the roof sometimes collapses, creating "skylights" that provide air, light, and access.

I've only been to Kauai a couple of times, never visited the Menehune Ditch. It doesn't look like a lava tube, but it may have been "preserved" with a coating of concrete or something. They've done that in Volcanos Park; it completely changes the look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 03:22 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,516,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That36guy View Post
I just moved into a new apartment complex last week and ever since then, I've been experiencing some things that are strange, to say the very least.

On my first night in my new apartment, I was just sitting in my living room when I heard something hitting my sliding screen door leading to the outside porch. At first I just let it play out to see what happened and it stopped after a while. I took a look outside and the porch was littered with tiny rocks. Someone had been throwing these rocks at the door and I didn't know what to make of it other than some jerk messing around.

Then came a couple of nights later when I was taking out my garbage and I felt something hit me in the back. It was another tiny rock and when I began looking around to find who was doing it, I saw a small figure peeking out from behind the tire of someone's car. I first assumed a small animal, but then it bolted out and I could see clear as day (even though it was evening at the time) that it was a small biped. It ran underneath a bunch of cars parked next to each other and I lost sight as it turned a corner towards one of the complex pools. I just ran back to my apartment and didn't know what to think.

I've been looking around on the internet and asking one of my close friends about it. Strangely enough, all signs seem to point to one thing: Gnomes. My friend is from Mexico and he says that gnomes (or "duendes" as they're called in Mexican folklore) are very real and that they stalk people at night, sometimes playfully and sometimes maliciously. He claims to have seen one in Mexico and a lot of my internet research yields similar tales.

What do you make of this? Does any of this make any sense to you?
The simplest and most probable explanation is that it was just a mischievous neighborhood child.

Old 04-24-2022, 12:12 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The simplest and most probable explanation is that it was just a mischievous neighborhood child.
A neighborhood child that is 6", or even 18" tall? (or jumping into or out of mirrors?) LOL

I think its logical to presume, whatever these 'entities' are (whether it be elves, gnomes, ghosts, dogmen, bigfoots, etc)...its likely, its really the SAME 'thing', just appearing in different forms, to different people...

If you read thru the numerous witness reports on any of the things I referred to, their behavior is eerily similar in many ways.

Furthermore, I have the feeling that this particular 'thing' is just another life form, but one we are not yet familiar with, a being with the ability to shapeshift itself into many forms, call it a nature spirit or something, they exist in this world, but we have just not yet learned about them...

Kind of like how it wasnt until recently that scientists knew about dark energy/ negative matter...its always been there the whole time, but Humans just were not able to see it previously, and of course, as they learn more about it, facts start to emerge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal