Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2023, 07:16 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Do you feel guilty about something?
no, not that I know of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2023, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Cheese seems to give me more dreams. But then - I think dairy stuff is bad for my asthma anyway, so I dont eat it.
I love cheese, and will eat it any time of day....but will refrain before bedtime...

Old 02-22-2023, 09:46 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, not that I know of?

Okay, sorry just wanted to throw that out there as a possible reason for the dreams.

I noticed though that when you wrote in your first post, you wrote "it, instead of I". "...and I couldn't believe it did that, even if only in a dream???" I know many times people are in a hurry and some words are missed, or the phone writes another word than the one we meant.
Sometimes though, people write things down subconsciously. If so, when you say "it", do you mean your shadow side?

Old 02-22-2023, 12:17 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
Quote:
Do you feel guilty about something?
I was thinking along the same lines. Innocence and guilt came to mind. The puppy and the fish were innocent, and you feel a lot of guilt as a result of both dreams.

Old 02-22-2023, 01:13 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
Negative fish dreams often mean: Abandoned ideas, doubting your intuition, creative blocks, emotional immaturity, feeling a poverty or “lack” mentality, or feeling spiritually stagnant.

To dream of someone/something getting hit by a car indicates anxiety about losing control of something in your life. Puppies represent emerging subconcious thoughts and feelings.

Old 02-22-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Okay, sorry just wanted to throw that out there as a possible reason for the dreams.

I noticed though that when you wrote in your first post, you wrote "it, instead of I". "...and I couldn't believe it did that, even if only in a dream???" I know many times people are in a hurry and some words are missed, or the phone writes another word than the one we meant.
Sometimes though, people write things down subconsciously. If so, when you say "it", do you mean your shadow side?
No actually that was a typo. what is my shadow side?

Old 02-22-2023, 04:44 PM

1,063 posts, read 909,084 times
"thanks for taking the time to read..."

you are welcome.

here is how i deal with emotional (or any) dreams:

when i first wake up, i try to remember all of the dream.
i lay in bed for a few minutes to recollect what i can.
that helps me during the day when i can sift through
the dream and attempt to understand the why and
wherefore of any particular emotional episode.

Old 02-22-2023, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Negative fish dreams often mean: Abandoned ideas, doubting your intuition, creative blocks, emotional immaturity, feeling a poverty or “lack” mentality, or feeling spiritually stagnant.

To dream of someone/something getting hit by a car indicates anxiety about losing control of something in your life. Puppies represent emerging subconcious thoughts and feelings.
I believe what bothers me the most, is not being able to do what I used to do, there is a lot of pain, and I wanted so badly to get a king charles/Bichon mix puppy but cannot....I can't bend down to clean up after him...so it hurts not to have a dog...and not to be able to do much....that is losing control....and perhaps it has been bothering me a lot lately....also worried about how bad it will get...but hey there are worse things right....I know a gal who just went thru a horrible time with kemo and beat the cancer, so...it could always be worse....

guess I have to channel my thoughts else where...maybe this was the cause of those dreams...
Thanks so much

Old 02-23-2023, 01:46 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Obviously I know nothing about you of your health conditions, so take this with a HUGE dose of salt.

I dont have back issues at all normally, but lately my back has been hurting on and off particularly when I get out of bed. I have started to bend over at the waist and just hang my arms down towards my feet for a while (maybe 2-3 minutes).

The idea of this is to relax and stretch the lower back muscles very very gently. So I dont rock or push down towards my toes but just hang there and eventually I can get much further towards the ground. Straighten up very slowly and carefully like rolling my back up to a standing position. Stand there for a moment or two so I dont get dizzy.

Over a few days, doing this morning and evening, my back has relaxed, the muscles have relaxed and my back does not hurt so often. This is obviously like doing a mini-yoga or stretching exercises, but it might help your back too - depending on your health problems and conditions. As I said, you have to be sensible and it needs to be appropriate for you.

If you can get down further, you may be able eventually to get down to clear up dogs mess too.

Old 02-23-2023, 02:03 AM

4 posts, read 1,312 times
I feel that people try to over analyse dreams, and search for meanings, but I don't necessarily believe in that. I just think it's a culmination of factors you've seen throughout the day that have an influence on your dream. I woulnd't deep dive too much unless these dreams of animals in pain persist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal