Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 02:13 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times

Advertisements

I saw a ufo about 20 years ago. Close range about at 200 metres, it passed between me and a hill. There was a reflective (greenish) glow on the ground, which was snow covered. There seemed to be detail, but I can't really remember much now. No noise.

I'm more inclined towards a earthly explanation, but at the same time I saw it for about 3-4 seconds and can't equate it with anything in my experience with anything before or since then.

Two of us saw it. The other person is like me, and just doesn't know what it was, and doesn't have any strong opinions either. It was more frustrating than creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 02:31 PM

39 posts, read 174,746 times
Joe90, in my opinion, just how you described it, definitely a UFO and not from Nature. Even if it was a meteor, I can only assume it would make some kind of noise going so fast and no impact noise because of burning up before impact, but you would probably be able to tell if it was a meteor, plus, you didn't even mention one. I know from my variety of odd life experiences, that even though I knew what I perceived, afterwards, I still compared these to data I possessed, going over and over this information to try and fit these experiences in and it doesn't work. Was it like this or this? Maybe like this or that? In truth, it wasn't like anything else, period.

Last edited by Handfull; 07-28-2012 at 02:57 PM..

Old 07-28-2012, 04:55 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handfull View Post
Joe90, in my opinion, just how you described it, definitely a UFO and not from Nature. Even if it was a meteor, I can only assume it would make some kind of noise going so fast and no impact noise because of burning up before impact, but you would probably be able to tell if it was a meteor, plus, you didn't even mention one. I know from my variety of odd life experiences, that even though I knew what I perceived, afterwards, I still compared these to data I possessed, going over and over this information to try and fit these experiences in and it doesn't work. Was it like this or this? Maybe like this or that? In truth, it wasn't like anything else, period.
It was like that. At the time we could describe what we saw, but couldn't put any sort of label on it. I guess it could be like someone from the 4th century trying to describe a television, after looking at it for a few seconds.

Definitely not a meteor. I didn't mention it, but it flew in a level flight much like a plane or helicopter. I think that it was either exactly what we saw ( a craft unlike any, outside of fiction), or a trick of light. I'm inclined towards the second option, because I think that is the nature of optical illusions - seeing something that isn't, but I keep an open mind.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
It is likely that you may of seen one. In 2013 we will see many. I believe in all this.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:54 PM

The main or common question I hear and read is, "if alien-UFO's exist, than why don't they contact us here on Earth?" I expand on that question, which makes you view it another way, "since aliens know we exist, than why don't they contact us?" I think they already have along time ago.

The Bible UFO Connection - Ezekiel - Text Version

Old 07-29-2012, 12:03 AM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,151 times
It's unfortunate that the mass population of people don't know that the government is secretly building underground cities for the upper class in times of Armageddon because they know the truth
And it's a secret civilization out there of highly advanced humans that control what the media calls ufos in reality these this secret order of people are more like gods instead ofregular men they possess technology that is million years more advanced than America and the world but the military know this and are trying to find a way to shoot what they think are alien crafts down but they're not from another planet they're from earth and the same civilization that made the pyramids are from that tribe of super humans that control these ufos they are gifted in science and math that they ultimately have the key to the power behind the universe

Old 07-30-2012, 09:50 AM

40 posts, read 57,298 times
Quote:
The main or common question I hear and read is, "if alien-UFO's exist, than why don't they contact us here on Earth?"

The same reason Americans do not contact primitive tribes on Pacific islands - we feel they do not have anything to offer us.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:48 AM

meat123, kinda a long the lines of a Prime Directive. I also suspect included within this directive, is "if you do visit a primitive populated planet, never, ever leave any physical evidence behind of that visit. Any infractions of this directive and the individual/s will be dealt with, severely! (painful death)

"In the universe of Star Trek, the Prime Directive, Starfleet's General Order #1, is the most prominent guiding principle of the United Federation of Planets. The Prime Directive dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of alien civilizations.
It has special implications, however, for civilizations that have not yet developed the technology for interstellar spaceflight ("pre-warp"), since no primitive culture can be given or exposed to any information regarding advanced technology or the existence of extraplanetary civilizations, lest this exposure alter the natural development of the civilization."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Directive

Old 07-30-2012, 06:56 PM

40 posts, read 57,298 times
Quote:
"In the universe of Star Trek, the Prime Directive, Starfleet's General Order #1, is the most prominent guiding principle of the United Federation of Planets. The Prime Directive dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of alien civilizations.

This was not followed on the Star Trek tv show. One episode in particular had Kirk and company providing information about guns to one side. They told the people about barrel rifling and percussion caps. They were fighting a war with flintlock rifles. This was the episode with the "Comms" and the "Yanks?".

Old 07-30-2012, 07:11 PM

I hear ya, but keep in mind, that Kirk was, Da'Man! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal