Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 05:08 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,182,589 times

Advertisements

The day I see one or realize there is one I'll let you know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 05:19 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
There are a lot of places that are haunted in the UK. It seems the older the place is, and the more history it has got, the more likely it is to be haunted.
I did go on a ship once, that I felt was occupied by a spirit, and later found out that this spirit had tried to strangle one of the crew.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:34 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Ghosts imply these hovering all-white scary creature. I believe in spirits that remain on the earth plane because they either do not know they have passed or are not able to pass for some reason.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:47 PM

12,248 posts, read 1,264,207 times
No, I don't believe in ghosts or spirits at all. But I know people who do, and they try their harest to convince others that they are real. No amount of convincing is going to sway me, I'd have to have some sort of an experience or see one for myself to change my opinion.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:04 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,274,431 times
When I was a child we used to visit my grandma and spend the night. I loved her but was scared to sleep there, probably because it was in the cellar, where she had her second kitchen and spent most of her time. Anyway, grandpa had died, not sure how long from this event, but as we were being put to sleep we heard the trap door open and close. Nobody else was in the house. The next day, I remember someone going to go sit in my grandpa's 'chair' and my little brother said "no! grandpa's sitting there" and we looked towards the chair and the seat lifted. Like someone had just got up. We were 5 or 6 at the time, but I"ll never forget that.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:33 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Ghosts and spirits are not the same. A ghost lingers, never wants to cross over. A spirit is in its new Home but "visits".

To my knowledge I have not seen a ghost, but we've definitely had some experiences with 'spirits' involving our daughter after she crossed-over, but I believe that they are visits, not a ghost who hasn't "left". Her friends, too, experienced some mighty interesting things.

For us it's weird sudden things like appliances turning themselves on. Right after she died I had some interesting surprises involving money (coins), "heard" someone smack a kiss in my ear real loudly when there was no one around (this was the weirdest of all), and felt a wake-up tap on my shoulder when I was taking a nap; again, no one around. This is only some of them. My husband still gets more contact from her than I do.

One of her friends was driving one day when she got an over-powering aroma of perfume inside her car. She stopped at the gravesite without planning to, and the smell followed her. She ended up stopping at my house afterwards and asked me right away to let her smell my daughter's perfumes. There were a bunch, and finally she said, "That's it! That's it!" It was CK1, my daughter's favorite.

Needless to say, these are after-death communications, not ghost apparitions. But I believe in those, too, and some people are more easily tapped into to see them.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:15 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Bluesbabe, thank you for sharing. That was a great post. My people believe in spirits and we are almost nonchalant in our dealings with them. And we acknowlege them in some form on an almost daily basis. We have a long history of strange incidents and contacts such as you describe in our house.

I don't "need to convince anyone" as these beliefs were held long before the coming of the european to these shores. I know for some tribes, it is even common to have a spirit supper for the departed.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:42 AM

14,108 posts, read 2,774,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Do you believe in ghosts?

I believe that sometimes things happen that are unexplainable. Some people may call it "ghosts." I don't.

What do you think? Do you believe in ghosts? Why?

Tell us your (real) story.

"Ghosts" is such a broad term...as in seeing a person that you once knew as a ghost? I believe when your dead your dead and If I did see someone I was knew in the form of a "ghost"....I definately know whatever it is....is not that person anymore!!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:06 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
A friend of mine is an attrorney and an RN. Highly educated, right? Well, she swears that the barn on her property is haunted by ghosts which appear in the form of little see-through orbs - but you can't see them with the naked eye. You have to take a flash photo after dark, and then they appear in the picture. She had a group of our mutual friends go over there one time to see for themselves. All went, with cameras in hand. They walked around in the barn, taking lots of photos. And, sure enough, all of the pictures came out with these little see-through orbs floating about.

Well, duh! The "orbs" are dust particles reflecting the camera flash. Anyone can get them if they take a flash picture in the dark in any dusty place. I even get them when I take nighttime photos in my yard during winter when snow is falling. The snowflakes reflect the light just as the dust particles do. I told my friends this and most were very disappointed that they didn't actually see ghosts in that barn! A couple others were just relieved.

So....my friend's "proof" of ghosts in her barn was not proof at all.

Show me something that is not as easily explained away.

I DO believe in paranormal stuff, though. I've had a couple of paranormal experiences myself. Nothing to do with ghosts, though. (At least, not that I KNOW of! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal