Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 01:36 PM

121 posts, read 521,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
That doesn't bother me because we'll end up getting married eventually anyway

There was another shooting in America today, nothing surprises me
Not sure how it works in reverse, but for the UK I had a 6 month fiancee visa and we had to marry within that time. We had to prove there was a wedding arranged. No problem. We married 2 days after I arrived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 01:40 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
. I do like to visit the US but after a couple of weeks I'm ready to come home to Scotland.[/quote]

Ahh Annie, you make me want to go back there.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
. I do like to visit the US but after a couple of weeks I'm ready to come home to Scotland.

Quote:
Ahh Annie, you make me want to go back there.
I just love it. It felt like home from the very beginning. And I've been here 7 happy years.

Lived in 4 US states and my favourite was Knoxville, TN. If I hadn't come here I'd be on the northern Cali coast.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:48 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
. If I hadn't come here I'd be on the northern Cali coast.[/quote]
No kidding! I plan to move to Portland next year. I love the weather and a bunch of other stuff there.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:51 PM

148 posts, read 419,321 times
Statistics will show what you want them to show,as you probably know,(living close to Glasgow) there are cities and certain areas in those cities that you wouldn't go to. I know Glasgow has it's problems but if you ask anyone from any large city-they have problems but that doesn't retract from that city's history culture and beauty and the people that live there

Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
. If I hadn't come here I'd be on the northern Cali coast.
No kidding! I plan to move to Portland next year. I love the weather and a bunch of other stuff there.[/quote]

I was saving up to hopefully find a job and move to Cali - specifically I was looking at San Luis Obispo or Arcata. Then met hub. One of our future trips is to show my hubby most of the west coast.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahpsuth View Post
Statistics will show what you want them to show,as you probably know,(living close to Glasgow) there are cities and certain areas in those cities that you wouldn't go to. I know Glasgow has it's problems but if you ask anyone from any large city-they have problems but that doesn't retract from that city's history culture and beauty and the people that live there
Not a city person but I enjoy going into Glasgow to shop or take visitors. I'm in Argyll....doon the road from Dunoon on Loch Long.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annielf View Post
Not a city person but I enjoy going into Glasgow to shop or take visitors. I'm in Argyll....doon the road from Dunoon on Loch Long.
I've lived in Glasgow since I was born, I love it, I also love to get away to the highlands-peace,serenity,etc but I still love to get back here.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:59 PM

2,975 posts, read 8,116,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahpsuth View Post
I've lived in Glasgow since I was born, I love it, I also love to get away to the highlands-peace,serenity,etc but I still love to get back here.
I like to go to Loch Lomond, being only 30 mins from there by car which is excellent. I good p1ss up never goes a miss also

Old 09-21-2007, 03:09 PM

Ahh, you're here again...................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom