Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 03:28 PM

16,668 posts, read 17,433,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I hate the fact that the majority of British are agnostic or atheist. Not to say I hate individual atheists or agnostics; I love them. However, I hate the loss of Christian heritage, and the general faithlessness among the British public.
I don't hate anything- that is too strong an emotion for me to be inferred on someone or something.

Faithlessness, as you describe it, does not mean people are unchristian in their treatment of their fellow humans.

Some of the biggest hypocrites I have come across are regular church goers.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:32 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,815 times
Quote:
I hate the fact that the majority of British are agnostic or atheist. Not to say I hate individual atheists or agnostics; I love them. However, I hate the loss of Christian heritage, and the general faithlessness among the British public.
That's actually one of my favorite things about the UK. It's great that people don't wear their "beliefs in the supernatural" on their sleeves, and what's better is that religion doesn't even enter into British political discourse. That is something that I "hate" about the US and its politicians. Why does the president need to believe in angels again???

Old 07-24-2013, 03:43 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Personally, I don't even think that the UK was a particularly "Christian" country since at latest the Mid Victorian era. Me, My Parents, Grandparents, Great Grandparents were not exactly churchgoing types, nor were they even further back.

Indeed when I was 16 my Grandfather took me aside when I started attending local church to ask what was going on, he was most relieved when I explained that the Vicars daughter was a hottie and I was trying to turn her from Gods path. Good times...

Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Overall I really liked the place and it is a beautiful country but the pessimism and overall negativity exhibited by your average brit is exhausting and tiresome.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:08 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,595,401 times
Quote:
This is a good thing.

Also (to everyone else), why the hate of roundabouts? They are infinitely better than stopping at every intersection, and safer too.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:44 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
This is a good thing.

Also (to everyone else), why the hate of roundabouts? They are infinitely better than stopping at every intersection, and safer too.
Well, you don't have to "stop at every intersection." There's a middle ground there. Some communities find it, some never do~!

Old 07-25-2013, 01:19 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, you don't have to "stop at every intersection." There's a middle ground there. Some communities find it, some never do~!
I much prefer roundabouts as the traffic flows more smoothly. I prefer driving in the UK to US.

I love living in thr UK. The only thing I hate is the current posh boy government.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,038 times
Quote:
I consider this a positive aspect.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:07 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
The crappy weather.
If you think the weather is 'crappy' I suggest you try an Eastern European winter, you may then change your mind!!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:18 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
I run Bubba's Tea Sales here in The Colonies and I'm really getting to hate this tea tax you are making us pay. It's just not good for business and if you don't do something about it pretty soon I'm...I'm...well I'm going to just scream I tell ya!

Oh, and say hi to the new prince from us over here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom