Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 04:33 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Soldiers follow rules even if the ''rules'' are breaching morals?

Those soldiers in Iraq etc get NO RESPECT for me.
Somehow I doubt you'd have the courage to say that to their face.
Keyboard warriors fight nice,safe battles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 04:47 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Somehow I doubt you'd have the courage to say that to their face.
Keyboard warriors fight nice,safe battles.
At my college there was a jobs fair one of the stalls was the British army recruiting people. I point blank said ''The war currently going on isn't worth joining I think people that join are not thinking properly'' or something along those lines. I have no respect for their choices but that doesn't mean I'll be rude.

Stop trying to catch me out I try not to say things online that I wouldn't say in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
That's harsh. Soldiers are just doing their job, and whether you agree with that job or not, they are doing a job that you don't have to.

I don't think there has been a moral war since ww2, and Iraq was a horrible disgraceful act of political hyperbole, but the soldiers do deserve respect for the job they do.

Without them, you and I may have had very different lives.
Its not harsh its a perfectly valid opinion. Most of us know that the Iraq war (and Afghanistan) was for power and oil. Any person that joins a war without getting a back story to it or properly thinking it through are brainless in my view. The majority of people I hear who join the war are people that believe anything or people that have no future prospects.

It seems our army now is just acting as the world police force that can do whatever it what's and then the mindless drones just follow and say ''Yes, sir, Yes, sir'' and ''For her majesty''

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol i sort of have the same mindset... and i was never big into military worship to be honest, i don't hate them or anything i just don't look at them like they are gods.

I'm cool with people worshiping them but it gets annoying when its sometimes shoved down everyone throats, i wanna flip out every time someone says "We must all remember 9/11" like no, you can remember it but i don't want to.
Its all propaganda. The reason for America's and the UK's involvement in the Middle East clearly wasn't to do with ''a war on terror'' it was oil and a plan to destabilise an area for profit.

Neither do they cared about the Libyans it was just a REASON to exploit the Country, destabilise it for oil and power. Libya was one of the richest Countries in Africa now the people are fleeing for their lives and now the Western powers are reacting; ''Why is this happening these immigrants coming here'' ahh The West so hypocritical its funny.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
When will we stop remembering? 10 years 20 years 2,000 years?

You can stop remembering anytime you like, i choose to remember and give thanks and respect for those that put their lives on the line so we could live in a free society.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:07 AM

Another poster who hasn't got proper reading skills. Obviously you haven't read all of my posts.

''How is NATO killing our Children you are hypocrites''
''This is not an army this is my soul and my kids this is not an army''
The Truth Behind the US/NATO War on Libya | Global Research TV

Ahh the Army so respectable.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:42 AM

522 posts, read 695,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Why? they are just doing their job.

I respect the soldiers that i actually personally respect... i'm not going to respect a soldier just because of the fact that he is a soldier.
Yes, I think getting the "bravery" title just for being a soldier is a bit much. We don't know the reasons why they enlisted. I think that police officers, firefighters, and doctors also protect us but I never do see anyone gushing over them the way I do soldiers...

Old 05-15-2015, 08:47 AM

522 posts, read 695,384 times
Quote:
At my college there was a jobs fair one of the stalls was the British army recruiting people. I point blank said ''The war currently going on isn't worth joining I think people that join are not thinking properly'' or something along those lines. I have no respect for their choices but that doesn't mean I'll be rude.

Stop trying to catch me out I try not to say things online that I wouldn't say in real life.

Its not harsh its a perfectly valid opinion. Most of us know that the Iraq war (and Afghanistan) was for power and oil. Any person that joins a war without getting a back story to it or properly thinking it through are brainless in my view. The majority of people I hear who join the war are people that believe anything or people that have no future prospects.

It seems our army now is just acting as the world police force that can do whatever it what's and then the mindless drones just follow and say ''Yes, sir, Yes, sir'' and ''For her majesty''

Its all propaganda. The reason for America's and the UK's involvement in the Middle East clearly wasn't to do with ''a war on terror'' it was oil and a plan to destabilise an area for profit.

Neither do they cared about the Libyans it was just a REASON to exploit the Country, destabilise it for oil and power. Libya was one of the richest Countries in Africa now the people are fleeing for their lives and now the Western powers are reacting; ''Why is this happening these immigrants coming here'' ahh The West so hypocritical its funny.
I don't agree with some of your opinions, but I am very happy that you expressed your opinion to the army. I don't think you should be attacked for disagreeing with something that someone else does. And I also don't think it's appropriate for somebody imply you as immoral or cowardly for thinking it.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:01 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
Yes, I think getting the "bravery" title just for being a soldier is a bit much. We don't know the reasons why they enlisted. I think that police officers, firefighters, and doctors also protect us but I never do see anyone gushing over them the way I do soldiers...

I agree - you're not a "hero" just because you are in the military. Its almost weird being around some of the unconditional worship in the US of its military. On the other hand, I do respect it and think that soldiers do what you and I do not have to do. And, if needed, they are there.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:41 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Another poster who hasn't got proper reading skills. Obviously you haven't read all of my posts.

''How is NATO killing our Children you are hypocrites''
''This is not an army this is my soul and my kids this is not an army''
The Truth Behind the US/NATO War on Libya | Global Research TV

Ahh the Army so respectable.
now London your getting to the nitty gritty.... hahaha you started off admiring them but not the expensive parades for the dead.. now the hatred shows... I just wonder where your really from friend..

Old 05-16-2015, 07:42 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
oh you think so.... police, firefighter , doctors dont have to live away from home for months, sometimes in horrible conditions,its a different ball game ..Men join for many reasons. some because the cant get jobs in civvy life. some have no homes to call homes.. some love their Queen and country.. I dont think many go in because they like or want to kill... and must be one of the most difficult parts of being soldier... my son was a soldier for some years and used to come home carrying a full kit.. have any of you ever tried to lift a full kit... and think about having to run for miles carrying these heavy things in war zones... while you say their not heroes.. They arent all perfect. as their human beings.. but without them where would our countries be... while we site in our comfy houses watching telly..

Old 05-16-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
now London your getting to the nitty gritty.... hahaha you started off admiring them but not the expensive parades for the dead.. now the hatred shows... I just wonder where your really from friend..
I have respect for soldiers that participated in WW 2 and other wars that were moral and just not the War from the early 2000s.

I will not respect a soldier who is participated in a war for corporate or Western needs AKA Iraq War, Afghanistan War etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom