Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 11:27 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
You think she'll be going after Charles or Wills? As far as royalty and social status/climbing, that's as high as one can get, given she's not born royal and is not in line for the throne.
Charles is married, so is William. It's completely not happening, or would she be interested in it.

And if she social climbed, so what?

You speak of it as if it's a bad thing. It takes intelligence to social climb, if that's what she did. Besides as inbred as European royal families have been they probably need to have more marriages to foreigners for the genetic health of the line.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:29 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Remove the royal title and what you're left with is a middle-aged balding former military man who doesn't have a regular job and who has had mental health struggles. How does a husband like that benefit a TV drama actress?

As for exotic, I was surprised at how much Meghan looks like her mother. Is her mother exotic looking?
Jealous you can't marry into wealth or into a royal family? Instead of hating on someone else's situation, why not focus on your own? Or is that too depressing?

Old 05-21-2018, 11:37 AM

18,104 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You speak of it as if it's a bad thing. It takes intelligence to social climb, if that's what she did. Besides as inbred as European royal families have been they probably need to have more marriages to foreigners for the genetic health of the line.
I said neither whether it was bad or good -- you made that pronouncement, not me.

I asked (rather tongue in cheek) what other further "social climbing" MM could do at this point? I suggested further climbing would be to be married to someone who will be the King since she herself is not in-line for the throne, and the only 2 adult males next in line happen to be her father-in-law and her brother-in-law.

As for the rest of your comments, that has nothing to do with MM or who other European royals have or choose to marry.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:56 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Jealous you can't marry into wealth or into a royal family? Instead of hating on someone else's situation, why not focus on your own? Or is that too depressing?
Didn't mean to hit a nerve! Meghan's mother is not exotic looking, and neither is Meghan. Her eyes are narrow, her nose is a bit odd, and she looks just like her mother. Neither Harry nor Meghan hit the jackpot in the looks department, but they suit each other. I hope she feels fulfilled in her role as a charity person, and I hope she takes time to learn about her role with the royal family before she starts having children.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:27 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Didn't mean to hit a nerve! Meghan's mother is not exotic looking, and neither is Meghan. Her eyes are narrow, her nose is a bit odd, and she looks just like her mother. Neither Harry nor Meghan hit the jackpot in the looks department, but they suit each other. I hope she feels fulfilled in her role as a charity person, and I hope she takes time to learn about her role with the royal family before she starts having children.
What do you mean by “her nose is a bit odd”?!

Old 05-21-2018, 12:42 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
What do you mean by “her nose is a bit odd”?!
As one of the Brits said on the comments section of some article I read, "She has a ski slope nose." Probably just means it's not a "perfect" nose, sort of a turned up nose. I think she has called it the "Markle nose"--got it from her dad's side of the family. No one is perfect but I think her appearance is very nice.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:51 PM

Same nose - mother and daughter, except for the piercing.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...wedding-dress/

Old 05-21-2018, 12:57 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
As one of the Brits said on the comments section of some article I read, "She has a ski slope nose." Probably just means it's not a "perfect" nose, sort of a turned up nose. I think she has called it the "Markle nose"--got it from her dad's side of the family. No one is perfect but I think her appearance is very nice.
I said to my wife during the wedding. "The gel's got a nose like Bob Hope"...... Nothing wrong with that.....it didn't do Bob any harm.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:57 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think she’s got a cute nose! Much better than these plastic surgery ones the Kardashians etc, have.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
I think she’s got a cute nose! Much better than these plastic surgery ones the Kardashians etc, have.
Compared to childhood photos, I would bet that there's been a bit of work on Meghan's nose - which is probably why it looks odd to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom