Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2018, 05:48 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
First of all, this is a pathetic reply.

Secondly, you would be wrong. Maybe jealous of Kate, but not of Meghan.

Seriously, though, I was 13 when Diana married Charles, and over the next few years as I was an awkaward teenager, I remember feeling envious of Diana's picture perfect life.

Of course it turned out to be a nightmare, and following that and learning that not all is as it appears, taught me not to be envious of people.

Similarly I knew a girl in college who was super rich and thin and gorgeous. She dated the quarterback (who happened to be Troy Aikman, BTW). She went home for Christmas break with one of the girls on my dorm floor because her parents were divorced and neither of them wanted her to come home over the holiday. It was the same kind of lesson.

Also I am far from the only person questioning this marriage. Other people on this forum and other public forums have said all that I am saying and more. Are they all jealous too? Why aren't you fighting back against them?
You're slobbering all over the tabloids and calling ME pathetic? That's rich.

And you might want to take a guess as to who gives a rip about you or anyone else "questioning this marriage".

puhleeze.

Last edited by applej3; 05-16-2018 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-16-2018, 05:50 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
Megan & Kate are the only Royal brides who have had college degrees, btw.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:05 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Ypu're slobbering all over the tabloids and calling ME pathetic? That's rich.

And you might want to take a guess as to who gives a rip about you or anyone else "questioning this marriage".

puhleeze.
Where did I say that anyone cares? Relax, we are all just gossiping. You're the one defending Meghan as if it matters.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 05-16-2018 at 06:21 PM..

Old 05-16-2018, 06:15 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Whose rules?? Never heard this, and don't recall red flowers' presence in any other royal brides' bouquets. White heather and myrtle seem to be British royal wedding bouquet traditions, along with Welsh gold being used for the brides' wedding rings.
Those white flowers are for virgin brides. Old fashioned rules for non-virgins, regardless of Royal, are to include red flowers in the bouquet.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:18 PM

The bride is paying US$300,000 and change for her dress.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:43 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The bride is paying US$300,000 and change for her dress.
To her credit, people who worked at the resort where she had her last wedding reception said she was wonderful. Maybe what they say about her is a little bit more reliable than what nutcase family reports on her. And her dress didn't seem to cost too much last time. This time=yikes!

FWIW, I don't think the dress will be romantic, but more like an elegant sheath sort of thing. I read somewhere that's it's heavily beaded. I'm seeing shimmery, sleek, long sleeves. Other than that, I just don't get much of an impression of what she would wear. With Kate I was nearly spot on.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:59 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Those white flowers are for virgin brides. Old fashioned rules for non-virgins, regardless of Royal, are to include red flowers in the bouquet.
So, does that mean Harry has to wear a red boutonniere? Some "traditions" aren't worth maintaining, and this one seems excessively intrusive.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
To her credit, people who worked at the resort where she had her last wedding reception said she was wonderful. Maybe what they say about her is a little bit more reliable than what nutcase family reports on her. And her dress didn't seem to cost too much last time. This time=yikes!

FWIW, I don't think the dress will be romantic, but more like an elegant sheath sort of thing. I read somewhere that's it's heavily beaded. I'm seeing shimmery, sleek, long sleeves. Other than that, I just don't get much of an impression of what she would wear. With Kate I was nearly spot on.
The Royal family is spending 5 million on the event, and the tax payers are picking up the other 50 million for security.

Hopefully the dress has long sleeves, and hopefully it's not see-through.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:19 PM

2,518 posts, read 5,357,944 times
I've just logged on to BBC Radio 5 after waking up this morning, and the top headline is for an audio report, titled "Interracial marriage advice for Meghan and Harry." Why on earth are some people trying to put pressure on the marriage before it's even begun? In Britain it seems to be only the media, and the inevitable small minority of racists, who care about her ethnicity. Harry obviously loves her, so why try to create a problem when there isn't one? Shame on the BBC.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:38 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BereniceUK View Post
I've just logged on to BBC Radio 5 after waking up this morning, and the top headline is for an audio report, titled "Interracial marriage advice for Meghan and Harry." Why on earth are some people trying to put pressure on the marriage before it's even begun? In Britain it seems to be only the media, and the inevitable small minority of racists, who care about her ethnicity. Harry obviously loves her, so why try to create a problem when there isn't one? Shame on the BBC.
I didnt know about this on BBC.. how dare they... sad swines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom