Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 08:01 AM

18,536 posts, read 18,779,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
We don't need a repeat of the 1980, 1984 Olympics. The only ones who suffer are athletes. The best thing would be to keep politics out of sports and find another outlet to exact retaliation.
Its always reared its ugly head though and think always will.. sadly.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:03 AM

18,536 posts, read 18,779,287 times
I wonder if this man and his daughter would have been shot would it have caused the same uproar..........Im sure the Russians are the experts in this sort of killing and could have done it in such a way not to cause so much attention..... if they did do it, they wanted to be found out... it was done for that purpose...

Old 03-16-2018, 08:09 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,246,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Every Chemical Agent has a different signature that makes it unique and that can be matched with different countries.

In terma of Novichok, it's a Russian weapon to start with and it has even been traced to the one lab in the world that produces it near Moscow.
All is not so unambiguous.
www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/03/bothered-by-midgies/

Quote:
In terms of the 24 hours, we were allowing Russia to account and offer a reason,
Oh, you are allowing Russia. Thank you very much. Your generosity is unlimited.

Quote:
but they declined to do so istead engaging in quite childish statements.
They just laughed at your impudence.

Quote:
As a result we will be cutting as many ties and links with Russia as possible, and Russia can please itself how it responds.
Typical work of propaganda. To draw powerful conclusions without the results of a normal investigation. Good luck.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:56 AM

9,377 posts, read 14,329,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post

Let's not pretend like other countries don't commit those same actions as well. Russia, Iran, UK, France, Turkey, Myanmar, Pakistan...
Countries?

Human beings have been killing each other since the year one, long before so-called countries ever existed.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:42 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,687,901 times
My question is (didn't find the answer yet): why did UK refused to provide a sample of the poison for analysis, like the international laws ask?

Old 03-16-2018, 10:49 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,487,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
+
"The chemical was identified by experts at the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) at Porton Down."

Is's interesting, but Russian military should be involved in the analysis of this substance. It is a normal world practice. Otherwise, Russia does not recognize the results of the investigation.
The russian military should stay in russia!

Old 03-16-2018, 10:56 AM

26,816 posts, read 22,591,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
No I agree he (Abramovich) has to go! He hasn't bought a decent striker for a while now!
Boooooo))))))

Quote:
Before he goes though we will need to find some rich Arabic Oilgarchs to take over.
If this is a true matter of your concern, I'll contact my liaisons in Iran. I'll see what I can do.
Just for you, Easthome.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:00 AM

P.S. And the last but not least..
Forgive me all the fans of football here, ( because I am clearly not following the events,) but wasn't there some kind of world championship planned in Moscow? This spring?
If yes, then timing of this whole event with "Novichok" makes me feel very uneasy somehow.
I mean the timing for doing something like this for Russians is highly strange.
( Unless of course Russians are not keen on seeing British fans in Moscow, and are trying to wiggle out of the whole deal in advance.)

Old 03-16-2018, 11:12 AM

27,220 posts, read 13,508,926 times
The Russian found dead at his home in London on the 12th March has now been found to have been murdered by compression to the neck.

Nikolai Glushkov was the number one extradition target wanted by Russia on it's own list and was therefore Russia's most wanted man in the UK.

The list published by the Russian Embassy in the UK is here and shows Glushkov as the number one extradition target

Why Are Fugitives From Justice Welcome in the UK? - Embassy of the Russian Federation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC

UK police have launched a murder investigation after the death of Russian businessman Nikolai Glushkov in south-west London.

Mr Glushkov was found dead at his home in the New Malden area of London on 12 March.

A post mortem revealed Mr Glushkov, whose family has been informed, died from "compression to the neck".

Murder inquiry over Russian's London death - BBC News

Dead Russian exile Nikolai Glushkov's daughter in hiding over £87 million debt - Metro

Old 03-16-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
The Russian found dead at his home in London on the 12th March has now been found to have been murdered by compression to the neck.

Nikolai Glushkov was the number one extradition target wanted by Russia on it's own list and was therefore Russia's most wanted man in the UK.

The list published by the Russian Embassy in the UK is here and shows Glushkov as the number one extradition target

Why Are Fugitives From Justice Welcome in the UK? - Embassy of the Russian Federation
I am sorry BNW, I don't have time right now to read the whole article on the "Russian Embassy" site, but from what I see right away in Russian Wiki regarding this particular person, is that he has been a "business partner" of Berezovsky. (The very scandalous Berezovsky, who, as the word has it, introduced Putin to Yeltsin.)
Now with THIS kind of "business partners" ( or should I say - crooks/swindlers) one will always wonder, whether it was really the *FSB* that finished him off, or one of his "business partners"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom