Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it stupid to move to the UK now?
Yes, 100% stupid. 2 20.00%
Not necessarily. 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 04:28 AM

4 posts, read 2,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurus View Post
While you are waiting, scotlandbound19, I would thoroughly investigate the visa requirements and make sure you have all the required documentation to hand for when you apply for your spouse visa. I think you can't apply for it more than 3 months ahead of the move. Any children would need their UK passports as well as their US passports.
I know all about the visa requirements and how we have to get the timing just right. That's why I'm asking when we should do this. Stressful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 09:47 PM

434 posts, read 248,137 times
The most likely outcome at or around the the end of March would be a transitional deal maintaining pretty much the current arrangements for a few years.

In this case you'd have to figure out if you want to take a punt.

In the event of a no deal I'd put it on hold for a year or two until you have a better idea of what's going on.

There's no guarantee that Scotland will stay in the UK either with the SNP pushing for another vote. The last one was 60/40 so pretty clear cut, however as one of remains key arguments was that staying in the UK was the only way of staying in the EU who knows.....

Old 02-02-2019, 09:10 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glokta View Post
The most likely outcome at or around the the end of March would be a transitional deal maintaining pretty much the current arrangements for a few years.

In this case you'd have to figure out if you want to take a punt.

In the event of a no deal I'd put it on hold for a year or two until you have a better idea of what's going on.

There's no guarantee that Scotland will stay in the UK either with the SNP pushing for another vote. The last one was 60/40 so pretty clear cut, however as one of remains key arguments was that staying in the UK was the only way of staying in the EU who knows.....
Scotland are going nowhere... were British..

Old 02-13-2019, 03:29 AM

83 posts, read 64,825 times
Society is not gonna collapse post Brexit. However the UK might face tough times ahead.

If I were you, I'd wait 10 months or so after Brexit to see how the storm is going in the UK, and THEN make the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom