Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 05:22 PM

1,018 posts, read 4,110,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Or how about the stringent rules of many HOA's that seem to work and maintain the desired look of a neighborhood? You seriously don't have a clue what the hell you're talking about and keep making a bunch of BS assumptions based on what YOU think it's like in your head. Amazing what people like to tell themselves so they can believe what they WANT to believe. I guess the reasons why Arizona being ranked at the "Dumbest State" is pretty clear in your posts.
I have to admit smiling at the irony that someone accusing me of making assumptions and of not having a "clue" for some reason thinks I live in Arizona. I imagine you think the PDX is my location is PHX, so that's just some real A+ reading comprehension there, junior. And some great rhetorical tactics to boot.

I guess I hit a nerve in my counterarguments, since you have resorted to 6th-grade name calling. Lighten up, Francis. As I said, if it floats your boat to live in these mixed-income pressure cookers, then knock yourself out. But most of these places scream "future ghetto" to me so I will save myself the trouble and financial hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 07:43 PM

93,367 posts, read 124,009,048 times
I think what we need is to make some of our major city high school tech, trade and business focused schools. Then, for a public works program or system for cities across the country by using these kids that got an education at such schools. You could also form a program where trade program is a requirement before doing work in this public works program. A city like for Detroit for instance with a baren and old infrastructure would be a great city to put this into work. It will provide jobs for people that might have felt or been disenfranchised while searching in the job market and bring about a sense of pride to the community, because the people of the community have helped to rebuild the their city's infrastructure. We have plenty of bridges, buildings, streets, neighborhoods and so on that need to be landscaped, renewed, rebuilt and reinforced in many, many cities in this country. Even simple thngs like illuminating and landscaping inner city neighborhoods better could help to discourage crime. What about the many roadways and bridges that people drive on that need to be worked on? Maybe we need to have a plan or vision to create tangible jobs for people that need them and could be productive in doing them.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:58 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
I have to admit smiling at the irony that someone accusing me of making assumptions and of not having a "clue" for some reason thinks I live in Arizona. I imagine you think the PDX is my location is PHX, so that's just some real A+ reading comprehension there, junior. And some great rhetorical tactics to boot.

I guess I hit a nerve in my counterarguments, since you have resorted to 6th-grade name calling. Lighten up, Francis. As I said, if it floats your boat to live in these mixed-income pressure cookers, then knock yourself out. But most of these places scream "future ghetto" to me so I will save myself the trouble and financial hit.
damn, you got me there, I did for someone reason think the PDX was PHX, my apologies for that one..... Didn't call you any "names" though as far as I can tell.

You don't have any counterarguments. Just a bunch of BS assumptions with little or no knowledge about these types of development. Go ahead and keep making a bunch of fear mongering assumptions about these types of SUCCESSFUL developments when reality shows the opposite of the crap you claim.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:37 PM

9 posts, read 26,502 times
I grew up in the Mozel Sanders Projects in Indianapolis and they knocked them down and are building better homes. Hopefully it helps the neighborhood out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning