Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 08:58 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times

Advertisements

I spent a week in Kanab Aug.18-26 (described earlier as "my visit to Best Friends.") Just as I left Las Vegas, I started to feel allergies- burning eyes, runny nose. My eyes were so bad I almost couldn't drive. For what it's worth, I basically don't have allergies here in the East.
I stopped in Mesquite and cleaned out a convenience store of basic Loratadine. The next day, at Best Friends in Kanab, I took a Loratadine and went about signing up to volunteer. Eyes were streaming so bad I couldn't see, went back to my cottage and took more Loratadine. I don't know if that helped, or if the air-conditioning helped, or if what I'm allergic to is stronger in the morning.
I went into Kanab and had to sign a ledger to buy Loratadine with pseduoepinephrine, which seemed to help some.
Later, in the Salt Lake newspaper, I saw an allergy report that "chronopods" were extremely high right now. I entered that into Google and got nothing.
The next week, in Durango, CO, I also had some allergy attacks of the same type. It was better if there'd been rain the day before.
Has anyone heard of chronopods? How could the Salt Lake newspaper refer to them if they're nowhere to be found on the internet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 09:52 AM

242 posts, read 1,117,090 times
Never heard of chronopods. The word chronotropic means an effect on the heart rate induced by a stimuli. Did you hear the word correctly? Some histamines will effect heart rate, but the allergens themselves are not classified as a chronopod. could it have been a similar sounding word?

Old 10-01-2007, 04:06 PM

413 posts, read 1,589,028 times
Default Chronopod

Silly people. A chronopod is a watch with feet

Old 10-02-2007, 04:06 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
The Salt Lake newspaper had one of those bar graphs with various allergens, grass, oak, etc., and "chronopods" was off the charts. I'm virtually certain that was the word. What else might it have been? I'm really curious.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:27 AM

140 posts, read 475,352 times
Thumbs up chronopodians

Chronopods are tiny toxic skin cells that the Chronopodians have brought from there planet,, , i get bad allergies as well , thanks for posting this i will have to investigate .Best WIshes, Greemon

Old 09-22-2008, 08:38 AM

119 posts, read 585,712 times
http://www.intermountainallergy.com/pollen.html This might help. At the bottom it says:

The chenopod/amaranth family of weeds includes the following: pigweed, Russian thistle, iodine bush, lambs quarters, scale, greasewood, burning bush.

Maybe that's what you saw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah