Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,335 times

Advertisements

Today my car was towed at 4am I called the towing company and they told me it was towed because my license plates were expired. I told him that those license plates were not expired and the man Andrew told me he would take a picture of it and text it to me as I was talking to him while he was walking to the car there was silence and he noticed that my license is not expired didn't expire until April 2017 he told me that they would bring my car back to me and I didn't get it till 6 p.m. that night it was towed from apartment complex is it legal for them to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,180 times
My car was towed from my complex, but my plates are currently registered for another year. Someone stole my decal without my knowing. My car is registered with the complex to whom I provided a current copy of my registration. By the way I had to pay to register my car with the complex. No warning was given to me, they just towed my car from in front of my door.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:52 AM

1 posts, read 901 times
I purchased a car from route 46 Nissan they took a whole month to mail me my license plate now the day after the temperary license plate expired my car was parked at my neighbor's gate and the police towed it, now the dealership refuse to refund me the storage fee that the impound charged, what can I do

Old 05-03-2018, 06:55 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline 62 View Post
I purchased a car from route 46 Nissan they took a whole month to mail me my license plate now the day after the temperary license plate expired my car was parked at my neighbor's gate and the police towed it, now the dealership refuse to refund me the storage fee that the impound charged, what can I do
Sue! You can sue! Simple. Money talks, everything else walks.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:09 PM

8 posts, read 7,056 times
Do not drive into downtown SLC. the parking police scan meters for being out of time and plates for being out a date.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:09 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat shady View Post
Do not drive into downtown SLC. the parking police scan meters for being out of time and plates for being out a date.
Here's another option: Feed your meter and keep your car licensed.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:06 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Here's another option: Feed your meter and keep your car licensed.
/sarcasm but why do that when its so easy to blame the overreaching hand of the police/government, etc /end sarcasm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: