Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2014, 11:06 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,981,685 times

Advertisements

Duchesne, Uintah, Summit, Dagget, and Grand counties...

I have never had the chance to see or go through any part of it, except the always rushed dash from Price to Moab and the I84 through i80 sprint eastward (just twice, both late in the day, in a hurry).

Are the mountains all public lands and no population? What's the economy? Agriculture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 11:36 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,462,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Duchesne, Uintah, Summit, Dagget, and Grand counties...

I have never had the chance to see or go through any part of it, except the always rushed dash from Price to Moab and the I84 through i80 sprint eastward (just twice, both late in the day, in a hurry).

Are the mountains all public lands and no population? What's the economy? Agriculture?
I'd check with the cities of Vernal and Roosevelt to ask who has the best info for what you want. A lot is happening in that part of Utah. Petroleum products and more. Do you have a business idea for that area?

MSR

Old 07-26-2014, 08:35 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,981,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I'd check with the cities of Vernal and Roosevelt to ask who has the best info for what you want. A lot is happening in that part of Utah. Petroleum products and more. Do you have a business idea for that area?

MSR
In a few years, after the wife is done with school, we're moving back west from this urban hellhole in the midwest and we're looking for where to go.

The wife will be a Naturopath Doctor AND a Family Nurse Practitioner and we're looking for somewhere that needs primary care providers. The more rural, the better, the more the need, the better.

However, there's some things I wish to avoid. Although I've actually lived at Monument Valley for a few years, I don't want to live in the hot desert down there anymore. I want outdoor exploration and unoccupied space (get away from the hordes of people) for recreation. We're looking at OR, WA, ID, UT, MT, and WY, possibly Alaska.

Our first place will be determined by where she gets that first job, and then whether we stay or not depends on whether or not there's a need for more private practices there. Frankly, we're most interested in small towns lacking a doctor at all. You won't get rich, but you can truly benefit people - and that's a good life.

I'm in the process of first, determining what is NOT an acceptable region. I've seen a lot of Utah, some of WY, a lot of western MT, much of OR and WA, and a little of AK. I was born in Idaho, and traveled quite a bit in it, except for the area encompassed by Weiser / Cascade / McCall / Hells Canyon region.

Idaho is a bit down the list, since it's not been able to get its Naturopath Dr Licensing worked out.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:38 PM

205 posts, read 186,583 times
Probably the most rural towns in NE Utah would be the ones around the Uinta and Ouray Indian reservation that is located west of Vernal. There is the Kings Peak Wilderness area just to the north of the reservation that would definitely answer your recreational needs. There are at least four peaks in that area over 13,000 ft. And there is very limited access as far as vehicles go. It is mostly by foot or horseback.
As for the requirements concerning your wife's profession, I am sure you could find an appropriate town that has a need for good primary medical care. Try Hanna, Tabiona, Mountain Home, or even Vernal, which may be a little on the wild side since it is sort of an oil town these days. Good luck.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:16 PM

3 posts, read 9,619 times
There are a bunch of small towns between Idaho and Utah that might work. Downata, Malad, etc. Though I might suggest the stretch from Utah to Green River, WY. The phone reception can be spotty, and a local doctor would be good for the town and any travelers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: