Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 05:25 PM

111 posts, read 623,809 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious because one of my best friends moved to Ivins (St. George) about a couple of years ago and is ALWAYS criticizing Northern Utah. We are building home in Davis County (we currently live in California) and I'm really getting sick of her negative comments about Northern Utah!

Her husband and my husband have been best friends since high school and we joke around that they should move to northern Utah when we move out there (it would actually be BETTER for her dh since he commutes into San Jose, CA every week for work and makes the hour and a half drive into Las Vegas to fly out and in) but she would NEVER ever consider it because she hates northern Utah so much.

It is hard not to take her comments personally since we LOVE northern Utah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2006, 03:20 AM

18 posts, read 74,473 times
I don't know about any rivalry myself, but we've only been back in Utah for a year. We moved from WA state to Davis County and we really like it! Where in Davis county are you building?

Old 10-04-2006, 11:33 AM

378 posts, read 1,900,073 times
There is no such rivalry that I'm aware of. There is a huge rivalry between University of Utah and BYU though!

Old 10-04-2006, 03:29 PM

Well, that's good to know that there ISN'T a rivalry - maybe her negative comments about northern Utah are just unique so I'll just not worry about it too much.

We're building in North Salt Lake near the Eaglewood Golf Course.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuhByeCalifornia View Post
Well, that's good to know that there ISN'T a rivalry - maybe her negative comments about northern Utah are just unique so I'll just not worry about it too much.

We're building in North Salt Lake near the Eaglewood Golf Course.

That is a very beautiful place and a great area! Good luck.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:36 AM

1,821 posts, read 7,710,816 times
I think most people in Northern Utah look at Southern Utah as a great place for weekend escapes. I don't think there is any rivalry at all, unlike California where the two halves want to split into separate states sometimes.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:35 PM

421 posts, read 1,734,341 times
I've never felt much of a rivalry. How odd. But yeah, BYU and UofU, now there's a rivalry for you!

Go Cougars!

Old 10-06-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcrew View Post
I've never felt much of a rivalry. How odd. But yeah, BYU and UofU, now there's a rivalry for you!

Go Cougars!

Haha nice Chaz. I was at the U of U game last night and we had the best time! Go BIG RED!

Old 10-06-2006, 03:37 PM

Default Oh we southern Californians know about rivalries!

I'm a UCLA alumni and DH is currently finishing his MBA at UCLA. We were definitely rooting for Texas at the last Rose Bowl simply because the opponent was USC.

BUT I did do one semester at BYU after I joined the church but when we move to Utah and we'll be closer to the U, we're not quite sure which team we'll root for.

When the U played UCLA a few weeks ago, my 8 year old DD asked "When we move to Utah, who do we cheer for?" Well, of course, if UCLA is involved it will ALWAYS be UCLA! Go Bruins!

Old 10-06-2006, 04:22 PM

421 posts, read 1,734,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuhByeCalifornia View Post
I'm a UCLA alumni and DH is currently finishing his MBA at UCLA. We were definitely rooting for Texas at the last Rose Bowl simply because the opponent was USC.
LOL, what's the saying, The enemy of my enemy is my friend? hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: