Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:53 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Sorry to drag you in it Chango. My point from the beginning with Daisy was that Teal NEVER asked for an opinion about whether she should move there or not, she asked if anyone KNEW anything about it. I, being from Tooele County (not the trailer park, though Daisy...) stated what I knew of it. Daisy proceeded to tell her (in her infinite wisdom she seems to think she has) not to move there because it is bad, bad, bad. If Teal had asked an opinion on whether to park her butt there or find a different place to live, that is entirely different than stating she is moving there and what can she expect.
So, stated once again, yes a small house might be a little safer. No, the trailer park isn't the best, but certainly isn't the worst. That award would go to the one by the railroad tracks off of Utah Ave. Are you familiar with that one, Chango? Compare Overpass to that one and tell me which one you would rather live in?? In any case, our OPINION was never asked. Oh, and Teal is single, not raising a family in one. I have seen tons of kids (as I drive over the overpass, because I don't live there Daisy) outside playing in the park or playing basketball.
I am sure Teal is really happy we have decided to live her life for her!
White's trailer park? yea, that is a dump too, definately lower on the scale than Overpass Ponit. But my vote for Tooele's worst trailer park hands down goes to the one on South Coleman (744 South or thereabouts I think)

Old 04-28-2009, 08:01 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,974,602 times
How could I forget about that one? Of course, those just make my point. Although there are better options that Overpass, if she needs (for whatever her own personal reasons are) to live in a trailer park, she certainly could do worse than Overpass.

I have no problem with anyone giving an opinion, but I feel that Daisy wasn't just giving her opinion, she was being extremely judgemental against the OP. Which, of course, is my own opinion. Your opinion may vary...

Old 04-28-2009, 08:38 AM

77 posts, read 243,472 times
ahhhhhhhhhh. It all makes sense now. Kaytidid lives in a Tooele trailer park.

carry on...

Old 04-28-2009, 08:47 AM

oh and Kaytidid, you seem to have a lot of experience with the "less desireable" crowd (i.e sex offenders, etc).. is that your first hand experience from living in Tooele County?

Teal - stay out of Tooele county and the trailer parks. Clearly there are some wacko people out there that want to lure new residents.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:49 AM

but kaytidid... i still got utah love for ya... maybe someday you will get out of Tooele!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:04 AM

No, I don't have experience with offenders. Unless your head is in the sand, you know they are all over. I have kids, therefore their safety is my utmost concern. You wouldn't know about that if you haven't checked around your neighborhood to see if they are around.
For the last time, I don't live in the trailer park.
If I disagree with anything you say, you launch into a personal attack. Very mature. Oh but wait, you ARE only 25 going on 12. That IS what you stated in another thread, right? I think you got the 12 part right, that's for sure.
I don't want to leave Tooele County. Again, thanks for your unsolicited concern. Now, if you have anything meaningful to add, please do so. Otherwise, stop attacking me.

Last edited by kaytidid; 04-28-2009 at 10:04 AM..

Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,456,811 times
Quote:
a trailer park? nice? how about renting an apartment or small house? IMHO trailer parks = drugs
Quote:
SOME places are just SAFER, but they cost more to live at or you have to sacrifice sq footage to stay in your price range.
what about the rich neighborhoods that get broken into?

Quote:
If this girl can afford to spend "X" then she should opt for the apt or small rental home over the plush trailer in the park.
couple of assumptions there. first of all, you don't know what she can or can't afford. second, when you continually use "she should" statements as if you know what is best for someone on the internet that you don't even know, you show a lack of understanding that different people have different values as far as housing is concerned. if she could afford a closet in a rich neighborhood, should she go for that? sometimes usable space is a defining factor on home purchase/rent.

Quote:
And the fact that YOU know what the trailer park scene is like, means you live way to close to one!
wait. since you seem to think you know more about trailer parks than the rest on this thread, how close do you live to one? maybe your super safe neighborhood is a little more mundane than you were thinking...

Quote:
most quality men won't be trolling the trailer parks looking for mrs. right.
it's possible that i missed where she said that she's getting a home to advertise to the bachelors, but i don't think most of them are gonna meet her at her place anyway.

Quote:
If she wants to become part of the trailer park crowd, so be it.
Quote:
does your address define you... well yes, sometimes it does... you may get passed over for a job interview or snubbed by a co-worker or passed over from someone asking you out on a date. It's sad but true.
you ever get passed over for a job because of a judgmental attitude? has it even registered to you how condescending and judgmental many of your statements are?

Quote:
If you don't agree with someone on here you throw the religion "holier than thou" card.
what religion card would this be? psst, kaytidid, did you get baptized over the weekend and not invite me?

Quote:
kaytid: Do you ever leave this chat room? sad.... very sad. Get outside. Enjoy the weather.
i'm gonna quote my second to last question to you:

Quote:
has it even registered to you how condescending and judgmental many of your statements are?
...just in case you didn't mull it over long enough the last time.

Quote:
oh and Kaytidid, you seem to have a lot of experience with the "less desireable" crowd (i.e sex offenders, etc).. is that your first hand experience from living in Tooele County?
i'd quote it again, but if you didn't get it the first two times...

my two cents?

there are still some good trailer parks in the valley. my grandpa lived in one that was just a bunch of senior citizens; good neighbors. never heard any complaints about drugs or stupid kids or anything. i don't know any of them in tooele specifically, though it seems that daisy is pretty well acquainted with them.

if you decide to go with one of them, teal, you should definitely consider taking her with you when you take the tour. that way she could walk from room to room saying:

"ay dios mio! que me saques de aqui!"

...while squeeling in alarm at the hypodermic needles, roaches, and dead hookers. i promise you, if you can organize all of that, i will pay you money to watch the video. then maybe you can afford one of the upscale places that daisy wants you to get.

except that i forgot something: this was only my two cents. i'm poor. teal, if you find a nice trailer that you decide you don't want, gimme a ring. thanks, and welcome to utah!

happy tuesday! aaron out.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 PM

I guess aaron is a trailer park realtor/salesman...

Trailer Parks = Trouble... it's YOUR life!

Old 04-28-2009, 06:27 PM

So if it is our life, why do you always seemed so concerned...?

Old 04-28-2009, 06:33 PM

because YOU, Kaytidid, make me laugh. And I thank you for that!!! I find you peeps very entertaining, and I like to chirp in every now and then, even if it ain't my beeswax.

ay dios mio!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah