Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 09:38 PM

6 posts, read 42,956 times

Advertisements

I hope things pick up on here! My hubby and I are thinking of moving to Payson. He works in Orem but left the children and I in California. We're anxious to be together again!

Just hoping for info on the area, pros and cons.

TIA!

Kathy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2006, 03:46 AM

6 posts, read 41,714 times
*echo*... *echo*... wow, it's lonely in here! :P

Anyway, sorry, I've never been to Payson, but the little I've heard of it is nice. Come to think of it, the Provo/Orem area isn't bad. (I live in Provo.) As long as you can avoid the traffic on University Parkway, you'll be in good shape. Especially if you're looking for something a little more ... metropolitan ... than Payson, Orem might be a nice place to settle in. Great for families.

In any case, good luck with your search, and welcome (in advance ) to Utah!

Last edited by queenlucy; 01-16-2006 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: fixed a typo ;)

Old 01-19-2006, 03:22 PM

5 posts, read 17,858 times
Default I work in Payson

Payson is great, I love it here. of course I am the kind of guy that likes small town life. Everyone here is so nice and treats you like family.
Payson good choice. I live in Springville myself. I love it and don't ever want to move.

But if you don't like small town life, then I would suggest OREM, it is lagre city oriented, but small town hospitality.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:52 PM

Thumbs up Change of plans...

We're moving a bit "norther"... to Pleasant Grove. It's a shorter drive for hubby to get to work. Our new house is 10 minutes from the office.

Here's hoping escrow goes quickly and smoothly!

Utah, here we come!

Kathy

Old 01-27-2006, 05:06 PM

14 posts, read 132,709 times
Default Payson?

ZZzzzzzzzz. Huh? Oh, I must have fallen asleep just mentioning Payson.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:41 PM

378 posts, read 1,905,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCaliToUtah
ZZzzzzzzzz. Huh? Oh, I must have fallen asleep just mentioning Payson.
HAha I feel the same way. You'll like Pleasant Grove much better.

Old 02-07-2006, 03:46 PM

Thanks, all... we should take over the house around the 24th... I can hardly wait! The kids are more excited than I am, I think... but we're all very anxious to get there. California is nice, but just too fast and too hot. It's supposed to be in the 80's all this week! In February! Of course, that's swimming weather... but the pool is too cold still. Hasn't stopped my son, tho. He sent swimming last month. Kids.

So, any good, family-friendly restaurants? I've read the Purple Turtle is good... and the Golden Corral and the Brick Oven... any other recommendations? Thinking cheap here... we have 4 littles we're bringing with us. Our eldest and his wife hope to follow next year.

Oh, also... I'd like to get the kids in sports... probably have to go with Parks and Rec... is it expensive there?

Counting down...

Kathy

Old 02-07-2006, 05:17 PM

378 posts, read 1,905,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmo9
Thanks, all... we should take over the house around the 24th... I can hardly wait! The kids are more excited than I am, I think... but we're all very anxious to get there. California is nice, but just too fast and too hot. It's supposed to be in the 80's all this week! In February! Of course, that's swimming weather... but the pool is too cold still. Hasn't stopped my son, tho. He sent swimming last month. Kids.

So, any good, family-friendly restaurants? I've read the Purple Turtle is good... and the Golden Corral and the Brick Oven... any other recommendations? Thinking cheap here... we have 4 littles we're bringing with us. Our eldest and his wife hope to follow next year.

Oh, also... I'd like to get the kids in sports... probably have to go with Parks and Rec... is it expensive there?

Counting down...

Kathy
You will soon find out that almost every where is kid friendly...because you are moving into the KID CAPITAL OF THE WORLD! Seriously you will see more kids than you ever had before...especially living that close to Provo. Almost all of our friends have 2-3 kids already and they are only in their mid twenties. When you land just ask your neighbors what activities their kids are parti****ting in.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:28 PM

2 posts, read 7,508 times
I have lived in Payson, Provo, Orem, and now in Pleasant Grove...I like them all. Payson and PG have been my favorites. Payson due to easy access to Payson Canyon and PG due to access to everything else.

Traffic on I-15 between Payson and Orem can be a pain, so PG is a good choice. Lots of young children for kids to play with.

Restaurant recommendations: Pizza Factory right on the border between PG and Lindon on State Street and Cabo Grill in American Fork. Two of my personal favorites.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:46 AM

3 posts, read 11,149 times
Default Welcome

I have spent almost my entire life in the payson area. If you ever want to know about the local area send me an email or you can come by my office in payson. I sell insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah