Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2014, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,181 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to Vancouver WA in June of 2015. I have been trying to figure out where would be the best area to move within the city or around the city. I will be working from home and my husband will be looking for work. I have a few questions if any of you could help, that would b great!

~ Any job opportunities in music, theatre, customer service, or church ministry?

~ What areas have fun parks, lots of people, near businesses, and churches?

~ Where would be good areas to RENT (not interested in buying a home yet)?

We are coming down to Vancouver (from Seattle area) the last week of December to explore the area a bit. Any suggestions for places to check out?

Thank you for your help! Any input would be helpful as neither of us have spent much time in Vancouver (other than driving through to go to CA). Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 12:39 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlesmiles View Post
~ Any job opportunities in music, theatre, customer service, or church ministry?

~ What areas have fun parks, lots of people, near businesses, and churches?

~ Where would be good areas to RENT (not interested in buying a home yet)?

This group is great, they will have connections to get you engaged in local theatre
CYT Portland Vancouver | Christian Youth Theater, Classes, Camps, in Oregon (OR) & WA

Also I have worked / volunteered with this (they are taking a break, but see if you can get a contact, Or I will forward you one if you PM).
Tapestry Theatre Company

I would look for a place to call home near Officers Row / Crosley Bowl
Allens Crosley Lanes > Home

Also Leverich Park (Minnehaha)

Consider applying for a customer service position with Dick Hannah (several car dealerships and other businesses) Or Al Angelo company
Other companies to consider, US Digital, BPA or VA (USAjobs,gov), Karcher Home | Kärcher North America Fisher Investments.
Consider getting an evening position with medical / Veterans Admin. Working evenings is GREAT (all day free for fun / recreation / school. More money, no bosses, no traffic, no stink'n whining dayshifters).

Churches... City Harvest, Crossroads, New Heights, Glenwood... (all are north central Vancouver, but some have satellite operations around Vancouver)

What are you favorite hobbies, things to do?

Do you have kids? (School needs?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area