Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 05:14 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Just two years ago this woman’s party-hard, fast food lifestyle was killing her. She then tried a crazy-sounding diet. Now the Instagram sensation is simply killing it.

The 25-year-old, known as Loni Jane to her 92,000 Instagram followers, eats about 10 bananas a day. And that’s just for breakfast.

‘Eating 10 bananas a day saved my life’ | New York Post

Old 11-13-2013, 07:36 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Just two years ago this woman’s party-hard, fast food lifestyle was killing her. She then tried a crazy-sounding diet. Now the Instagram sensation is simply killing it.

The 25-year-old, known as Loni Jane to her 92,000 Instagram followers, eats about 10 bananas a day. And that’s just for breakfast.

‘Eating 10 bananas a day saved my life’ | New York Post

30 bananas a day diet has been around for a long time...

wait until her teeth rot out from all that sugar.

Last edited by MJ7; 11-13-2013 at 07:51 PM..

Old 11-14-2013, 03:37 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Not to mention that she looks truly emaciated. That's not healthy, she's depriving herself of certain nutritional needs that her body -cannot- thrive without. And 10 bananas every day - I'd be worried about all that potassium. I hope she's also drinking a few -gallons- of water. Though it doesn't look it. It looks like she's also badly dehydrated and just oils up her skin to keep it from flaking off.

That's just nasty. There are much better ways to endorse a vegetarian diet than that horrible, horrible banana nonsense.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
Is restricting your diet to a single food ever a good idea? I'll admit she's losing weight hand over fist, but yikes.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:31 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
30 bananas a day diet has been around for a long time...

wait until her teeth rot out from all that sugar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Not to mention that she looks truly emaciated. That's not healthy, she's depriving herself of certain nutritional needs that her body -cannot- thrive without. And 10 bananas every day - I'd be worried about all that potassium. I hope she's also drinking a few -gallons- of water. Though it doesn't look it. It looks like she's also badly dehydrated and just oils up her skin to keep it from flaking off.

That's just nasty. There are much better ways to endorse a vegetarian diet than that horrible, horrible banana nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Is restricting your diet to a single food ever a good idea? I'll admit she's losing weight hand over fist, but yikes.

Folks, are you actually looking at the link? The 10 bananas for breakfast does not mean she is eating 10 bananas with or for every meal. She's also not restricting her diet to a single food. She's a fruitarian. Her diet consists mostly of fruit, but she also eats vegetables.

That said, it's a good thing she eats all of that other fruit to go with those bananas at breakfast, or she'd have a gut the size of a bowling ball, as bananas tend to bind people up.

Regardless, that much fructose, even in its natural form and accompanied by fiber as with fruit, is really not good for you. Neither are so many simple sugars. She can get away with it now because she's young, but when she gets older, and especially when she starts perimenopause, her body is going to store the overage of simple carbs that she is certainly getting as fat.

I do agree that she looks dehydrated. You can see it in her hands. In some of her photos, it looks like she has the hands of someone in her 50s. She's also a bit underweight. Once the ribs start sticking out like that, someone is too thin.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:32 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,733,082 times
Saved her life? Eating fast food and partying doesn't kill healthy people in their early 20s. If it did college students would be dropping dead left and right. This article is more than a little melodramatic/sensationalist. Steve Jobs thought eating fruit was going to cure his cancer, look how well that turned out.

I think she looks alright though. She is a little skinny for my tastes but that's because she has skinny bone structure. There isn't much she can do about that besides hitting the weights.

I can barely manage to eat 2 or 3 bananas per week though. That's one of the few fruits where I really don't get the appeal. There are easily 50+ fruits that to me are a lot better. They do have one thing going for them though, they're cheaper than dirt.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:47 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
Saved her life? Eating fast food and partying doesn't kill healthy people in their early 20s. If it did college students would be dropping dead left and right. This article is more than a little melodramatic/sensationalist. Steve Jobs thought eating fruit was going to cure his cancer, look how well that turned out.

I think she looks alright though. She is a little skinny for my tastes but that's because she has skinny bone structure. There isn't much she can do about that besides hitting the weights.

I can barely manage to eat 2 or 3 bananas per week though. That's one of the few fruits where I really don't get the appeal. There are easily 50+ fruits that to me are a lot better. They do have one thing going for them though, they're cheaper than dirt.
Bananas are very nutritious, once you get past the sugar content. Here's the rundown on 1 medium-sized banana (summarized from NutritionData.self.com)

105 calories, mostly carbs with very very low fat (less than 1 gram) and low protein (around 3% of your daily need).
12% of your daily need for fiber
Of all the nutrients in a banana (around 80 total) these have at least 5% of the daily need:

Vit C (17%) Riboflavin (5%) B6 (22%) Folate (6%) Magnesium (8%) Potassium (12%) Copper (5%) Manganese (16%).

They are zero cholesterol and that medium size has 88 grams of water.

A banana with a little unsweetened natural peanutbutter (for iron and extra protein) smeared on it, makes the *perfect* rejuv food for an active, menstruating woman.

Ten a day would be overkill, no matter what you're combining it with.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:21 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
She looks good now however shes starting to drift into an anorexic look..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food