Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 05:07 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,034,060 times

Advertisements

Stuffing, with celery and onions
Quorn chicken breat with fresh mushroom gravy
Fresh cranberry sauce
Mashed potatos
String bean casserole
Glazed carrots
Rolls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,130,150 times
Not very traditional but I like it....

Christmas breakfast will consist of vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls and dinner will be a vegan tofu lasagna.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:15 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,034,060 times
Breakfast for us is always banana pancakes with VT maple syrup.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:06 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
we had pecan pancakes in the morning because i had a million pecans left over from making magic bars.

dinner was tofurkey, roasted potatoes, carrots & onions, mashed potatoes with gravy, roasted asparagus, baked yams.

we were supposed to go visit our families for christmas but one of our cats had a medical emergency and we had to stay home. i was sad that we didn't get to go but i bet our dinner was nicer than what we would have gotten had we gone! we're going for new year's in any case.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:30 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Fettucine alfredo
Salad
Homemade foccacia bread
Chocolate mousse

Old 12-29-2009, 03:33 AM

33 posts, read 49,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJingle View Post
Not very traditional but I like it....

Christmas breakfast will consist of vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls and dinner will be a vegan tofu lasagna.
I'd love your recipe for vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls...YUM!

Old 12-31-2009, 01:46 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,130,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersfanNL View Post
I'd love your recipe for vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls...YUM!
Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls (Credit to Mama Pea)

(Makes 6 rolls)
Dough:
  • 1 cup almond milk, warm
  • 1 packet yeast
  • 1/4 c. canned pumpkin
  • 2 c. pastry flour
  • 1/2 c. organic unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 1/4 c. organic sugar or sugar substitute (I used Nu Naturals Stevia Baking Blend)
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 t. salt
Cinnful Filling:
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar (I mix regular sugar with molasses)
  • 1 T. cinnamon
  • 2 T. Earth Balance (or other dairy free margarine), softened
  • 2 T. raisins (if desired)
Icing:
  • 1 c. powdered sugar
  • 3 T. almond milk
  • splash of vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
Dissolve yeast in warm almond milk. Set aside. Combine flours, spices, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine filling ingredients and set aside.
After yeast and almond milk is foamy (about 5-8 minutes or so), stir in pumpkin. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until a dough forms. Turn dough out onto floured bread board and knead for a minute or so (about 20 times). Knead in as much extra flour (~1/4 c.) as necessary so that dough is no longer sticky. Roll dough into a large rectangle.
Sprinkle filling over dough and roll dough up firmly to make a log. Cut the log into six equal pieces and place in a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Either cover rolls and place in the refrigerator overnight, or if planning to bake immediately, let dough rise in a warm place for at least 40 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake rolls for 23 minutes.
Stir icing ingredients together and drizzle over rolls.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:54 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,753,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJingle View Post
Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls (Credit to Mama Pea)

(Makes 6 rolls)
Dough:
  • 1 cup almond milk, warm
  • 1 packet yeast
  • 1/4 c. canned pumpkin
  • 2 c. pastry flour
  • 1/2 c. organic unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 1/4 c. organic sugar or sugar substitute (I used Nu Naturals Stevia Baking Blend)
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 t. salt
Cinnful Filling:
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar (I mix regular sugar with molasses)
  • 1 T. cinnamon
  • 2 T. Earth Balance (or other dairy free margarine), softened
  • 2 T. raisins (if desired)
Icing:
  • 1 c. powdered sugar
  • 3 T. almond milk
  • splash of vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
Dissolve yeast in warm almond milk. Set aside. Combine flours, spices, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine filling ingredients and set aside.
After yeast and almond milk is foamy (about 5-8 minutes or so), stir in pumpkin. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until a dough forms. Turn dough out onto floured bread board and knead for a minute or so (about 20 times). Knead in as much extra flour (~1/4 c.) as necessary so that dough is no longer sticky. Roll dough into a large rectangle.
Sprinkle filling over dough and roll dough up firmly to make a log. Cut the log into six equal pieces and place in a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Either cover rolls and place in the refrigerator overnight, or if planning to bake immediately, let dough rise in a warm place for at least 40 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake rolls for 23 minutes.
Stir icing ingredients together and drizzle over rolls.
Thanks so much, JJingle! I'm printing this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food