Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 06:08 PM

3 posts, read 5,979 times

Advertisements

Help please. Although I have researched many external weather sites and reviewed threads on City Data I just get more confused about T Oaks weather the more I read (due to micro climates). We love warm weather and would like a pool we could use 6 months+ of year - is T Oaks weather warm enough for this or do we need to be more inland. A general description of annual weather in T Oaks would be really appreciated and anything to note in surrounding areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 06:22 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Yes, it is fine for a pool.

The closest accurate weather stations are Woodland Hills (Pierce College) and Van Nuys Airport.

Thousand Oaks is probably a five to seven degrees cooler in summer than Woodland Hills.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:29 PM

3 posts, read 5,979 times
How is T Oaks for fog / sea haze please. What is normal temp difference to Simi Valley

Old 06-20-2013, 06:33 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBryce View Post
How is T Oaks for fog / sea haze please. What is normal temp difference to Simi Valley
Not much fog or sea haze compared to Malibu, Santa Monica, the South Bay, coastal Orange County, Oxnard, Ventura, or Camarillo.

Temperatures are about the same as Simi.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:59 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,041,876 times
Charles is correct about general lack of marine environment, but I find Simi is almost always a few degrees hotter than T.O. usually is. There is really not more "inland" hotter areas of Ventura County. Areas like Santa Paula or Fillmore are closer to the ocean than one would think due to the geography. Ojai is probably the exception.

If you want a pool, seriously consider a solar heating system or at least a solar cover. If the pool is deep, it will not warm up enough without feeling chilly, at least by hotel-type temperature standards. At least, that was the situation with mine.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:56 PM

51 posts, read 114,095 times
It's been very warm here for most months in the past year, so a pool is a great choice for the area. We get some marine layer in spring sometimes, which burns off by mid-morning.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:24 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times
It depends on where you live in Thousand Oaks because when I drive around the area it can vary almost 10 degrees. If you are closer to Newbury it gets cooler and on the border of Simi warmer. When ever though I look online for the temp of TO it is much cooler then the temp I get in my car and it is usually accurate. I don't know if it is true but someone told me they take the temp from an area that is cooler.
There is plenty of time with temps being high for the pool. The temps last year I saw many days of 90 or 100. I think the average high is 90 in the summer months if I recall? Also though there is not humidity like many other states it still feels hot and lacks cloud cover which you do get in other states more then in CA in my opinion

Old 06-27-2013, 02:24 PM

739 posts, read 1,848,182 times
The weather in T.O. is perfect for a pool. We used ours for five months out of the year. The hot tub was part of the system so we used that all during the winter. T.O. is a great place to live, even if it's a bit crowded.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:12 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,041,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
T.O. is a great place to live, even if it's a bit crowded.
Crowded? If 128K people is "crowded" to you. Since it's by far single-family homes, I think it's actually the opposite.

Oh. Weatherwise today around 90, but a nice breeze blowing.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:13 PM

2,019 posts, read 3,194,333 times
My mother has a pool at her house in Thousand Oaks for the past 27 years. Gets plenty of use, and like another poster has mentioned, uses the jacuzzi during the winter months also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County