Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:44 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,521,589 times

Advertisements

We are considering spending a weekend in Ojai.
I hear that the Blue Iguana Inn is a great place.
The Ranch House and Bodees good for supper.
There is a great bookstore.
We will stop at Sagebrush Annies in Ventucopa for Lunch on the way in.

Any other ideas on stuff to do in Ojai?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 06:30 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
I haven't been through there in maybe ten years.

I remember a neat little ice cream store, Ojai Ice Cream I think, on the main drag Ojai Avenue between Canada on the west end and Shady Lane on the East. This stretch is very walkable, good for people watching.

I used to take my Harley through there up to beautiful rides up Highway 33 past Wheeler Springs towards the Cuyuma Valley.

I am pretty sure there is an art scene there, but I don't remember any more.

On Sundays, you'll see lots of motorcyclists and cyclists as this is a great place to do a bike ride (through Santa Paula, Ventura, and Fillmore).

Hopefully for you it will be a typical beautiful Southern California February day with oranges (and other citrus? and avocados?) on the trees and snow capped Topa Topas in the background.

I'll be flying in to Burbank myself this Saturday afternoon.

Brings back great memories.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:33 PM

963 posts, read 3,033,269 times
Weather permitting, take a hike at the Ventura River-Rancho El Nido Preserve or go for a walk on Shelf Road at the end of Signal St.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:59 PM

Excellent ideas so far, Charles did you ride into Cuyama, lunch at the Buckhorn or Burger Barn?

Old 02-09-2010, 07:09 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Excellent ideas so far, Charles did you ride into Cuyama, lunch at the Buckhorn or Burger Barn?

Never made it down the hill to Cayuma, just to the top, having ridden from Moorpark, my butt and back were getting pretty sore by then. There was some sort of roadhouse up there. Also took the kids up there for snow play a few years ago.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:16 PM

The roadhouse might have been Sagebrush Annies in Ventucopa, a world class french trained chef in the middle of nowhere.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 PM

98 posts, read 605,191 times
I've never seen the inside of the Blue Iguana, but I love the way the outside looks.
Suzanne's is another place that is supposed to have excellent food. Bodee's has a beautiful setting so might want to go during the day instead of the evening. Take highway 150 from the coast into Ojai for a scenice drive, or when you leave take it back out to the coast. Have lots of fun!

Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Take highway 150 from the coast into Ojai for a scenice drive, or when you leave take it back out to the coast. Have lots of fun!
Thanks for that information, we would come down from Cuyama on 33 and back the same way, so we would not hit the coast, but a couple of weeks ago we took the Train from SLO to Anaheim and back, that is one heck of a scenic train ride.

The Blue Iguana looks pretty cool.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:10 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
Walk the Arcade and check out the shops. Try "Feast" for dinner or "Ojai Cafe Emporium". Are we talking just Ojai or the entire valley? You could head over to the lake and rent a boat. No swimming but the fishing is fun. They have a small water park but this time of year may be closed or too cold to use anyway. I like the Deer Lodge and if you are coming down from the Cuyama area you will run into it on the Maricopa Highway (Highway 33)

Old 02-10-2010, 01:44 PM

Thanks, this will be Ojai town, we do trade offs, I take my wife to towns once in a while, and she doesn't complain when I disappear into the mtns for a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County